AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 08:48   Link #5841
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

*Slow-clap*

Great outline allfictions.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 11:49   Link #5842
LevelSeven

thanks allfictions,

i have understand what the difference between my idea and a plot is, this makes everything even a bit more difficult XD

thanks for the feedback, i will work on the story a bit and maybe write a short prologue
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 14:34   Link #5843
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Wasn't sure about something, so I thought I'll ask on here. Other espers can't really sense each other AIM's right? Unless their have similar powers or an ability which gives them the power to track others.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 15:23   Link #5844
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

AIM Dispersion Field Resonance is the term I believe. I think it works primarily when its espers who have the same ability, otherwise it goes unnoticed. Some can detect it, mainly people who have abilities that specifically target AIM fields like Taketsubo Rikou, but most cases it doesn't.

Though I believe there are other cases of this to some degree. While I did forget who thought up the original concept, but someone here believed that people with certain characteristics may be subject to AIM Dispersion Field Resonance as well.

Using the example suggested at the time, if someone has an ability that focuses on magnitism, since the ability itself works on the foundation of an electromaster, then you can already guess that if an electromaster and a metal-manipulator crossed paths; there would be a reaction since they both share the same base stat of being espers who control electricity. While the base stat is the same, the manner in which the esper uses that ability is ultimately different but still able to create a reaction.

That, however, is just a theory and not something that can be claimed as fact. Given, it's credible and logical on most grounds; its still just a fan-crafted theory.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-04, 19:47   Link #5845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think that was meister you guys are talking about.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 04:22   Link #5846
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Having recently played the videogame Beyond: Two Souls (ugh, way too much hype, not quite what I expected, and disappointed), I could see potential in the storyline being merged with ToAru, especially since Beyond: Two Souls' s mythos doesn't contradict the Raildex Universe, it just adds an 'Infraworld' (think of it as some sort of Limbo or Purgatory) to Heaven, Hell, and the Artificial Heaven.

In an hypothetical fic, Jodie Holmes, the protagonist, instead of being brought in by the CIA, is secured by Academy City, as her powers can very well pass off as her being a Gemstone (and she may very well be, if we look at Himegami's own odd power). She grows up here, experimented on or manipulated (I mean, there is Aiden watching over her after all) by the Dark Side (and Kiharas if one feel adventurous, like Kihara Konshou, Kihara Sokuryou, or Kihara Kaihou)

The United States' Department of Paranormal Activity (DPA) and the CIA would be one of the major antagonists, trying to bring her back to America and uses to their own ends like in the games. Throws in that, when Magicians catch wind of her, they all come to the city to eliminate the threat they know she could pose. Possibly with the Russian Orthodox organization Annihilatus leading, as it was created specifically to deal with the supernatural (''disposal of things that should not exist'' indeed). One possible Russian magician could be called Snegurochka.

And Aiden would also be afraid shitless/hostile to Touma because of IB.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-01-06 at 05:01.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 16:33   Link #5847
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
AIM Dispersion Field Resonance is the term I believe. I think it works primarily when its espers who have the same ability, otherwise it goes unnoticed. Some can detect it, mainly people who have abilities that specifically target AIM fields like Taketsubo Rikou, but most cases it doesn't.

Though I believe there are other cases of this to some degree. While I did forget who thought up the original concept, but someone here believed that people with certain characteristics may be subject to AIM Dispersion Field Resonance as well.

Using the example suggested at the time, if someone has an ability that focuses on magnitism, since the ability itself works on the foundation of an electromaster, then you can already guess that if an electromaster and a metal-manipulator crossed paths; there would be a reaction since they both share the same base stat of being espers who control electricity. While the base stat is the same, the manner in which the esper uses that ability is ultimately different but still able to create a reaction.

That, however, is just a theory and not something that can be claimed as fact. Given, it's credible and logical on most grounds; its still just a fan-crafted theory.
This helps a lot thank you, it's just a theory I know but it could still be used. Really my intention was not really allow Level fives to sense each other, but have the feeling their been in this area. But more so the level fives can notably feel the presence of the first level five.

Not accelerator but the first one to reach the level(6th ranked level five). My reasoning for this is that in my alternative world fanfic, Academy city decided to employ similar methods the first level five used to help the other level fives to reach that level. So there be some sort of connection at least within some calculations in their personal reality due to using similar methods to reach level five.

I also have an additional question, could a level five telekinetic user able to have a sub ability of Psychokinesis? I'm kinda confused but mainly because of this line on the wiki.
Quote:
Apparently, a "scientific" rationale for it involves raising the motion of a target's molecules through Telekinesis in order to ignite it.
Obviously the level five would need to understand the method, but if he does this wouldn't count as having two abilities? But just an extension of his existing one. My friend keeps arguing it's impossible as it would count as two abilities. Not sure to be honest.

Another question would be can Misaki's power effect the other level fives. I know her powers can't effect Mikoto Misaka but does that also include number 4, 2, 1, 7? While I assume she could effect number 6 and 7. And we know she can't effect Mikoto, but what about the others I'm not sure.

All these questions are just so I can make a much better rewrite for a fanfic.

Last edited by Loremaster; 2014-01-06 at 20:19.
Old 2014-01-06, 22:56   Link #5848
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
This helps a lot thank you, it's just a theory I know but it could still be used. Really my intention was not really allow Level fives to sense each other, but have the feeling their been in this area. But more so the level fives can notably feel the presence of the first level five.
No problem and its fine. Frankly speaking, if other Level 5's could sense one another, you'd have found Kakine chasing Accel around all over the place trying to kill him. Jus sayin.

Quote:
I also have an additional question, could a level five telekinetic user able to have a sub ability of Psychokinesis? I'm kinda confused but mainly because of this line on the wiki. Obviously the level five would need to understand the method, but if he does this wouldn't count as having two abilities? But just an extension of his existing one. My friend keeps arguing it's impossible as it would count as two abilities. Not sure to be honest.
Oh yeah, it'd be a sub-ability since the esper is using their original ability to make it happen. If you want an example, take a look at this. So long as the person is using their original ability to create the effect, it isn't a second power, just a different manner of applying the same ability. Though, technically speaking, it would be more like making something/someone spontaneously combust rather than allow them complete control over the flames.

Quote:
Another question would be can Misaki's power effect the other level fives. I know her powers can't effect Mikoto Misaka but does that also include number 4, 2, 1, 7? While I assume she could effect number 6 and 7. And we know she can't effect Mikoto, but what about the others I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure the other level 5's have their own means of defending themselves from her ability; otherwise Misaki would be the strongest Esper in the city. Going on the theory that her telepathy works via electrical signals or something of the like, Accel would alter the vectors of the signal away, with Mugino also able to something of a similar manner since she redirected Mikoto's during their fight. As for Gunha, well, since he's such a wildcard and nobody really understands his ability, I don't think Misaki would be willing to risk the possible backlash she would get from even attempt to take him over. Kakine, well, that's something I have no idea about but kinda follows the same rules as Gunha; she wouldn't want to try it but mainly due to fear of him coming after her.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-07, 05:59   Link #5849
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Accel is a clear no-no. If Mikoto deflects Misaki's power than Accel's shield would, too.
Kakine's got his freaky invisible shield, so no.
Mikoto, you know about her.
Mugino... Not so sure. Either she picks up on Misaki's attempt and block it somehow or she's completely vulnerable to telepathy due to Mugino's powers' specifics.
We don't know anything about #6.
And no, she can't do anything to Gunha 'cause his power's weird and he's got some passive shield.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 08:35   Link #5850
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Thanks for the answers, regarding the last one. In my original fanfic I had Misaki wipe most of the level's fives memories clean of Number 6. Except for Mikoto Misaka.

But knowing this now, for my rewrite all the level fives will remember number 6 now. It's a difference but not a hindering one to the plot. Poor number 6 though hes got amnesia and doesn't remember any of the other level fives. But they remember him, talk about a leg up advantage.
Old 2014-01-07, 09:55   Link #5851
tsunade666

Mugino and Mikoto's ability stem from the same electron based control. Which is why biribiri can deflect meltdowner. And Mugino has also her own shield ability. Maybe she also has that passive shield ability to protect her from Misaki's ability. Mugino is a member of the dark side of the city. She knows more than the others and probably knew the mechanics on how Misaki's ability work. She probably has counter for it. Fighting someone who has mind controlling abilities would be suicidal without a way to counter it, resist it or immune to it.
Old 2014-01-07, 14:49   Link #5852
LevelSeven

HEY HEY GUYS, I THINK I HAVE A HILAIOUS IDEA

Spoiler for my idea for a new fanifc:

and than accel starts to remember on all the things which happened to him before he and misaka married, the adventures, the struggles, the fights etc.

i think it could be a good fanfic but unfortunatly im not good enough to write it, if someoen can do it i would LOVE to read it, it should call itself

" HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER "
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 04:54   Link #5853
Draco Spirit

Not sure about memory loss, but at some point I've got to do a Mikoto/Accelerator romance fanfic, just because there so much to play with it terms of tension and the fact there more like each other than either would admit.... but busy with 'The Fall' at the moment, so it be a while!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:33   Link #5854
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Yo everyone; me again looking for some input on the scene I'm currently doing for the next update of Project Darkness.

I'm just looking to see if I kept Motoharu in character during one of his more 'darker' moments. Any opinions of this particular scene would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler for Interrogation:

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-09, 10:40   Link #5855
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think you should drop the nya and add more 90's hollywood toughguy flick talk.

Or reread NT7 or was that 8?
Old 2014-01-09, 21:30   Link #5856
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Before I can even read the above going to need to read the rest before it. I'll do that later today, but before I go to sleep for tonight. I thought I'll post a link to chapter 2 of my fanfiction rewrite if you're interested.

Chapter 2: The Ghosts of the Past
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories
Old 2014-01-11, 21:42   Link #5857
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Okay, so I got bored, and like everyone who's bored with internet access; I went random net surfing. During that time, I came across this:

Quote:
In the Hebrew Scriptures, and the Old Testament, the prophet Daniel experiences a vision after having undergone a period of fasting. In the vision in Daniel 10:13-21 an angel identifies Michael as the protector of Israel. Daniel refers to Michael as a "prince of the first rank"Later in the vision in Daniel 12:1 Daniel is informed about the role of Michael during the "Time of the End" when there will be "distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations" and that:[7]
"At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise."
Now I don't know how to alter kanji to make someone's name mean 'the great prince who protects your people' but I was able to work with 'prince of the first rank' and what I got was Ichiryū ōji.

So, having said all that, I now have the full intention of making a character with that name and be an antagonist at some point in my Darkness Project. The question I have is what kind of power should they have and if they should be magic-side or science side. I'm honestly leaning more towards magic, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of making him a science side antagonist.

Thoughts on this anyone?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-11, 22:52   Link #5858
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An avatar for the archangel Michael? that would be loltastic.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:09   Link #5859
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I don't know what loltastic is, but I can guess.

Truthfully, I'm not aiming to have this character be affiliated with Michael at all. I'm only using the title that Daniel used to refer the archangel and that's it.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:10   Link #5860
tsunade666

that guy screams magic side and can't be affiliated to science side. Though it might be a magician that sides in science side like tsuchimikado and etzali.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction