AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-31, 00:11   Link #401
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
Ah I see.. I'll look forward for your summaries.. as for playing the game, i dont think I will since i dont know japanese =(
I feel your pain...I tried playing the D.C. II Demo, and sadly even then I could barely understand 5% of what they were saying, so I'm sure with the full game I'd be completely lost... Still, at least we can look forward to the anime coming out
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 10:59   Link #402
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, for people who're interested in the Imaginary Future manga, the first tankubon is listed on the MediaWorks site for release on July 27th. Something for people who just can't get enough Nanaka goodness! I don't think they've announced a tank yet for the official manga (running in Comptiq) which, incidentally, continues to stay pretty balanced between all the game characters right now, and pretty much follows the game story as is.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 15:42   Link #403
knowngni
Lover of Onee-sans

Hmm the voice for Wataru seems so familiar, I know I've heard it in an anime, I just cant remember where its from. Anybody have a clue?
knowngni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 23:39   Link #404
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowngni View Post
Hmm the voice for Wataru seems so familiar, I know I've heard it in an anime, I just cant remember where its from. Anybody have a clue?
The Wikipedia article (which is pretty spoilerish in nature) and other sources on the 'net list the VA as Man Kuritarou... though, he doesn't seem to have any other speaking role in more known games.

I think he did voice a few BL games though.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 23:52   Link #405
DanielSong39

By the way, is this game translated in Korean? If so, it might be worth a shot - as limited as my Korean skills are.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 09:31   Link #406
kirisame_m

Send a message via Yahoo to kirisame_m
wow... sugoiiiii
iam late 4 know about this eroge but really i love it ^0^

福山潤(Jyun Fukuyama)=鬼龍院隼人=潤潤=山賀弘一=万栗太郎 > wataru (D.C II) so much he taken
kirisame_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 16:03   Link #407
knowngni
Lover of Onee-sans

AHH THANKS!!!

i knew it sounded familiar,

Keita from Inukami, Watanuki from xxxholic, Takaki from to heart 2

I could pick up a hint of lelouch also
knowngni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 01:35   Link #408
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Coming tomorrow -- finally! And just in time for the anime...

Yume's plot summary! Yay! (What took me so frickin' long?! )

And here's a short preview (which everyone who's played the game should recognize instantly -- this had better be in the anime!)
Spoiler for D.C. II Yume Plot Summary - Preview Scene!:

Here's an update on other D.C. II merchandise:

D.C. II main manga: 12th chapter will appear in Comptiq next month. This is going to be a long-running manga, as they're not even half-way through the story. So far, it's...
Spoiler for manga & game spoilers:
D.C. II Nanaka if story manga: 9th chapter appeared in this month's issue of Dengeki G's (though I've only read up to chapter 8). This manga is moving more quickly than the main manga, and despite starting on a different path, has been incorporating a number of elements from the game. At the moment...
Spoiler for manga & game spoilers:
It's sort of neat having two different manga based on the same property, as they each have their strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I have to say that I find the if manga a bit more fun (fits the character too), but the main manga is growing on me and provides a pretty balanced look at all the characters.

For people who followed the D.C. to EF series of videos at all, they're now going to have a D.C. to EF radio show, featuring the VAs for Otome, Yume, and Koko (Locomoco, Farte, and Arcie in Eternal Fantasy, respectively).

On the "ecchi" front, Circus is doing something kind of unique by offering character pillow cover/drama CD combos for both Kotori and Otome. They're about $105 each, though, so a bit more than I imagine most are willing to pay.

That's it for now -- look forward to part 1 of the Yume summary tomorrow. (By the way, my new goal is to have the Otome summary done within the next month or two, before they get to the ending portion of the anime.)
Old 2007-09-30, 15:01   Link #409
Wings
Through time and space

Woo, finally time for DC II. I'm still hoping for a Nanaka plotline to avenge for Kotori, but something tells me that isn't going to happen.

The combo seems to be well priced. I don't know about pricing very much, but I managed to acquire the kotori pillow cover and the nanaka one for about 100 each. Kinda interesting how they are promoting Kotori for DC II though, not that i mind. On the same note, as much as that new Kotori cover is.. uh... tempting, it's a bit much >.> Atleast the pyjama Kotori/Nanaka can be hanged on the wall... this one is just... fap material.

Anyways looking forward to your summary for Yume's route!
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 17:17   Link #410
relentlessflame

*Administrator

D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ Plot Summary
Yume Asakura

Disclaimers -- Please read!
This is a plot summary, and not a translation. It's not a translation because I'm not a translator, and don't know enough Japanese to pass as one. The plot summary is intended to convey a general sense of what goes on in the game for those who may never be able to play it themselves. While I did my best to fully understand everything, look up the complicated kanji, research the tricky parts, and so on, I obviously can't guarantee that every single detail is perfect (though I tried!) If you've played the game and notice something incorrect or unclear, please by all means correct me! The last thing I want is to pass as some sort of expert while conveying false information -- I'm as interested in the truth as everyone else.

The other thing I want to point out from the get go: this summary is long -- really, really long (I think it's something like 24 pages in Word). Why is it so long if it's only a summary, you may wonder? I spent a great deal of time considering this problem. I kept my Minatsu summary pretty short, because I felt that a lot of the early details weren't really all that important to the "meat" of the plot. But, with Yume's story, I found that there were too many little details in the early parts of the story that turned out to be important down the road. Summarizing them too much destroyed the flow of the story, and gave away the ending in little ways. So, instead of glossing over the early parts, I decided to summarize them as well. The net effect is that rather than being an "ending summary", it's a summary of the entire Yume story. And it's long. For the "tl;dr" crowd (for whom this disclaimer was already too long), I might include an Executive skip-all-the-good-stuff-just-tell-me-how-it-ends Summary at the end. But I recommend the long version, because it's the most like the game, and that makes it more fun (unless you hate bishoujo games, in which case, why are you here? )

And now, without further ado...

An Introduction to Yume:
Junichi's second grandaughter and younger sister to Otome. All in all, she's a well-intentioned, kind-hearted, and slightly-introverted girl. She inherited just a bit of her grandmother's trademark "black" side (but not a lot), and her grandfather's trademark "kattarui" saying. She gets along with her sister quite well, and exchanges a good amount of banter with Yoshiyuki (who teases her quite often). She has a bit of a sarcastic streak, and will sometimes mouth off only to turn around and say that she's just joking when people start chiding her for it. Above all, though, she tends to be pretty prim and proper, and to get easily flustered and embarrassed when teased (which is probably why she gets teased so much by Otome and Yoshiyuki).

Spoiler for Yume Plot Summary - Part 1 of 5:
I'll aim to post the second part within the next day or two, and so on until we reach the end! It's all already written, I just have to go through and take screencaps.

Onward to Part 2

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:28. Reason: Add link to next part
Old 2007-09-30, 23:17   Link #411
MeganeShounen
Huh?

/me hands relentlessflame a box of dangos* as thanks for making another summary
* - Fresh from another anime starting this season. Hint, hint.

I guess you'd be making Otome's storyline the last one to be made, since there's a large chance that the anime's going to follow that one..

Spoiler for Yume's storyline:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:05   Link #412
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

omg thank you relentless, i've been waiting for your summaries for a while.... Was hooked since your kotori summary for the fandisc if i remember carefully.
Old 2007-10-01, 05:26   Link #413
ADavalosJR

Her summary starts at the very beginning of the game? BTW, thanks for the summary. I can finally (somewhat) understand what goes on in her scenario.
ADavalosJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 18:58   Link #414
m0toko

wahh! i cant find the torrent! or has it not been released yet ? :'(
m0toko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 19:05   Link #415
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0toko View Post
wahh! i cant find the torrent! or has it not been released yet ? :'(
Well, I'm assuming you're talking about the anime, whose thread is that-a-way. The anime hasn't been fansubbed yet, as it only aired a few hours ago.
Old 2007-10-01, 19:10   Link #416
m0toko

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I'm assuming you're talking about the anime, whose thread is that-a-way. The anime hasn't been fansubbed yet, as it only aired a few hours ago.
thanks much =)
m0toko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 03:16   Link #417
relentlessflame

*Administrator

And now on to part 2! (Read Part 1 first!)

Before I get into it, though, one thing I forgot to mention about Yume's personality in general (I don't really think this is a spoiler or anything): she has a bit of a Yukino Miyazawa (Kare Kano) thing going on. She's always prim and proper in public, but at home she's sort of slovenly, lazy, and less caring about her appearance (wears big glasses, always in sports jerseys, etc.) I suppose you could say this is one of Yume's charm points, though, as you'll see in this part of the summary!

Please note that this summary contains a few screenshots that might be considered unsafe for work (NSFW) -- though nothing explicit. If the spacing of everything looks a bit off (I'm limited to what I can do here in the forums in terms of formatting), try resizing your browser window to be wider or more narrow.

Spoiler for Yume Plot Summary - Part 2 of 5:

On to Part 3...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:28.
Old 2007-10-06, 02:21   Link #418
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Previous Entries: Part 1 - Part 2

Here's a challenge to you while reading the third part of the summary:
Spoiler for The "Are you better at reading women than Yoshiyuki?" Challenge!:
Once again, please be aware that some screenshots may be NSFW, though none are explicit.
Spoiler for Yume Plot Summary - Part 3 of 5:
Spoiler for rf's commentary (at 3/5 of the way through...):

And finally...
Spoiler for Random D.C. II Shot of the Day (not really a spoiler):
To Part 4 of 5...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:29.
Old 2007-10-09, 20:53   Link #419
bluemist
i am the mist

Returned from the grave.

I guess I would be continuing the game after all (blame the anime). Thanks to relentlessframe's Minatsu summary earlier I was able to cross-check my own summary (I hope you don't mind). If Yume's story is full of symbolism though I dunno if I can survive understanding her scenario and Otome's. I hope it's not as hard as you describe it is... my Japanese should not fail me.
Old 2007-10-09, 21:37   Link #420
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
Thanks to relentlessframe's Minatsu summary earlier I was able to cross-check my own summary (I hope you don't mind).
I don't mind... but, personally, I don't really see the point in doing the same work twice. If you're going to do Otome's plot in the nearterm future, let me know so I can save myself 100 more hours of work. I enjoyed doing both Minatsu and Yume's summaries, but I would never have done it if someone else already had. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder either, since it's you who started the idea. So let me know what your plans are, and I'll step back.

And I think Yume's story would be easy to summarize. But I think, by summarizing, I would have lost what makes the flow of the story interesting. It's probably more a reflection of my own writing ability than anything else. I'm sure others could succeed where I failed.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel