Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 14:18   Link #461
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Is anyone else bothered by how this show implies that being gay is a perversion? This seems to happen quite a bit in anime, even ones I enjoy like this and Mariaholic.
In Japan if you are gay I heard you are a shame to society. I also heard gay expose themselves there a lot less then other countries in the world. For example those countries that have a gay parade and those that do not.

The lolicons also tend not to expose themselves but you know why.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:25   Link #462
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't think that's helping the argument.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:27   Link #463
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think that's helping the argument.
Just pointing out why it may be like that.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:31   Link #464
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Is anyone else bothered by how this show implies that being gay is a perversion? This seems to happen quite a bit in anime, even ones I enjoy like this and Mariaholic.
Japan is a collectivist society, dude. If you're not completely and utterly normal, you're considered a freak.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:58   Link #465
Zanibas

What about the lolicon, the masochist, sadist, arrenphobic, gay, or introverted characters then? If it's discomforting to see gay people portrayed as a perversion here, then what about all the other uncommon types of people being portrayed in the exact same way? Masochists and sadists probably want their image as a "perversion" removed just as much as gay people.

This show isn't meant to emphasize that they are perversions, but rather to portray the struggles they have to deal with said "perversions" in a judging society and within themselves, of course in a comedic and dramatic way.
Zanibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 15:22   Link #466
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2010-10-30, 15:25   Link #467
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow this Noa Hiiragi was as cute as this episode was hilarious, and I haven't laughed that much since probably B Gata H Kei . The episode was just great, so many lines had me laugh so bad, like Yukinojo saying "Noa-sama promised she would make a machine to make everyone into a loli." And not to mention the extremely amusing dragon ball referencing, and Mio's wtf is all this expressions .

Though while it was a great episode, I do hope the rest stay a tad more less chaotic and insane in the future .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 17:44   Link #468
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahahaha that was a blast!

A hentai powered power belt, the "DX Hentai Belt!"
You know who could benefit from such a device Tomo-chan!

HE-N-TA-I-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Looking forward to next ep, should be alot of fun!
Old 2010-10-30, 17:56   Link #469
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Spoiler for Ep 5:
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 18:14   Link #470
Ruuko
Smelly :3

hey just curious, since pretty much every character in this anime has "an issue" may it be androphilia to masochism to brocon to soncon

what may Noa-chans issue be?
Ruuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 18:29   Link #471
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep5:
Old 2010-10-30, 18:35   Link #472
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruuko View Post
hey just curious, since pretty much every character in this anime has "an issue" may it be androphilia to masochism to brocon to soncon

what may Noa-chans issue be?
Going from what was given, it's because nobody she was a genius, and the adults didn't want her to make friends with anyone.

Which is kinda weird, because she's at school now, so she can do finally do that.
Old 2010-10-30, 19:28   Link #473
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
You going to betray your hammer girl from Samurai girls? Oh right you have a harem. Well Mio is all mines! Ha! Especially since episode 4!
There's plenty of room in my "harem" for green haired side-tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Going from what was given, it's because nobody she was a genius, and the adults didn't want her to make friends with anyone.
I would look at it at a different angle. (I am probably best qualified to say this) What I believe her "issue" is, is that at that young age she was denied the chance to live a somewhat normal life, since she's special and no one else is special there with her, and from that point on she carried this resentment till (this is highschool, right?) she finds someone of an equally rare breed for her project. As I mentioned earlier, the whole thing about turning everyone into perverts can only be done by a not-so-sane person, which I guess not many people would understand.

In short, I'd say her problem is that others forced her to be anti-social [in depriving her of companionship at that young age]. Just like how a guy tormented Yuuno for her andro, and maybe a bit like how a friend started Tatsuforgothisnameblondtguywhoturnsintoadarkhaired girl's cross dressing, and pretty much like how a girl activated Sado's M. I think it's a rather nice story going here, that these people had their lives somewhat changed by others, and that together they can try to work it for the better.

Quote:
Which is kinda weird, because she's at school now, so she can do finally do that.
Which should be even more weirder, as she has a secret admirer who was as close to her as an assistant would be. But as it stands this guy has an issue of (probably) being a lolicon, and whether or not she knew of this, he didn't have the qualifications for her project so she probably didn't notice him. Wonder why this guy couldn't be her first friend, but everyone has issues, so I'd say it was his fault for not approaching her

Now I just hope she doesn't continue to hide in a robot or something. Her beauty deserves to be seen [by me only!], and that darn robot would only deprive me of my green-haired side-tail desires
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 19:52   Link #474
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

In the anime openings from episodes 1 - 4 anyone else notice the Azusa figure from K-ON?
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 20:00   Link #475
Ruuko
Smelly :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
In the anime openings from episodes 1 - 4 anyone else notice the Azusa figure from K-ON?

haha yes, "Midonin" posted this up a few posts back :3!
he even noticed the singers of the songs as well xD

Quote:

In other news, has anyone noticed the figures in the OP? "Hell side" has Azu-nyan and Manaka Takane (both voiced by the show's lead girls), while "Heaven side" has Miharu Shimizu and Asuka (only one of those voiced by the show's girls).

My night has been made a million times over.
Ruuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 20:06   Link #476
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Speaking of which, wasn't the OP much different this time? It seems like they added more fanservicey pics.
Old 2010-10-30, 21:21   Link #477
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

While both episode 4 and 5 have scripts that are patently ridiculous, for some reason I dislike episode 4 and absolutely love episode 5. Episode 5 reminds me a lot of some of the best episodes of Inukami!, which is a long standing favourite of mine (and in my opinion a seriously under-appreciated show).

I like the new OP for variety but I don't think I like it as much as the first OP. The first OP and the ED for this are simply fantastic.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:51   Link #478
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Spoiler for MM! 05 - Mundus Magica:
Looks interesting... what anime is that from?

Quote:
Spoiler for Actual Episode Review:
Spoiler for ep. 5:

Quote:
Spoiler for Actual Episode Review:
Spoiler for ep. 5:

Quote:
In other news, has anyone noticed the figures in the OP? "Hell side" has Azu-nyan and Manaka Takane (both voiced by the show's lead girls), while "Heaven side" has Miharu Shimizu and Asuka (only one of those voiced by the show's girls).

My night has been made a million times over.
Yes, noticed them. Does that mean we now have four episode per side? If so, what side will come then in ep. 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I... don't even know what to say about episode 5
I never expected to see such a whacky parody episode in this show. It proves once again how unpredictable it is. Random parody aside, I liked the new characters introduced in this episode. Noa is insanely cute and she's fully aware of it. I like that kind of girl. I'm afraid she's going to act too shy around Tarou now that she's in love with him though.
I haven't read the manga, so I can't say, but I doubt she'll be too shy in the upcoming episodes - would be too boring otherwise. Tarou might expect her to act all shy now, but she'll be back to her cunning and calculating self, and he'll get his ass kicked once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How old is Noa, by the way? I assume she's skipped quite a few grades since she's a super genius. It would also explain why she's so lolicious.
Yes, being a genius, she most likely skipped a few years. The official page sadly doesn't say anything about her age:
http://www.butaro.net/chara/index.html#chara_noa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for EP 5:
Spoiler for ep. 5:

Spoiler for ep. 5 school uniforms:
Old 2010-10-30, 21:57   Link #479
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Looks interesting... what anime is that from?
Kemeko Deluxe! I'd give more information about why I chose that particular picture, but it would spoil the punchline.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 22:03   Link #480
Kakkou
Tch.

Perverts, perverts, perverts, true perverts, pervert power and more perverts! Add to the fact Jun Fukuyama is voicing the pervert lead male of the show, it felt like I was watching an episode of Inukami!. All they needed were some macho men and lots and lots of elephants XD. Hope to see more of Noa's lolicon assistant as well. He's a welcome addition to this bunch of weirdos, though judging by the OP he's here to stay, woot~.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen