AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-12, 17:29   Link #41
ChampDream
Alive

Oscar was the best player of the field for me, the goalkeeper of Croatia is really slow, but the worst part of the match was the referee, that was not a penalty.
Old 2014-06-12, 17:34   Link #42
Velsy

Is there any websites that show video highlights ? (like sport news sites) my Google searching hasn't turn up anything yet.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 17:35   Link #43
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Is there any websites that show video highlights ? (like sport news sites) my Google searching hasn't turn up anything yet.
Wait for FIFA to update their Youtube account. All highlights will be posted there.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 17:39   Link #44
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

With Brazil as host, the only way to beat them would have to be soundly and quickly score 3 goals, and leave referee no chance to intervene

Cause i have the feeling that if team score one and go full defensive, they will face a lot of penalty and uncomfortable freekicks from the ref
Old 2014-06-12, 17:44   Link #45
Kakurin
大佐

Just saw the highlights again, the 3:1 was indeed preceded by a foul. The ref gifted Brazil two goals. Nice start to the tournament I guess.
Old 2014-06-12, 17:51   Link #46
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the guy did seem to pull back on his arm. he just went down incredibly easily.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:08   Link #47
Sakuratsuki

Just noticed this thread. Yeah, the penalty was too easily given by the referee. Well, it was to be expected.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-06-12 at 19:25.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:13   Link #48
itisjustme

I think the only reasons Brazil are the favorite are 1) Confederation cup win, but then no one really cared about that one except Brazil 2) It's in south america and south american teams always win there 3) home advantage.

Poor display tonight. Not really surprising with the lack of balance in that team and the individualistic players.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:17   Link #49
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Croatia's Manager comments on the after-match press conference:
"If that was a penalty, maybe we should go play basketball instead [...] The referee had one set of rules for Brazil, and another for Croatia"
At least he's funny on his anger
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:23   Link #50
itisjustme

We can probably expect more of the same with the popular pressure in Brazil. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 19:23   Link #51
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, this is a country where they kill people for missing penalties..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 19:26   Link #52
Sakuratsuki

Yeah, If Brazil had lost the game. I think the consequences would have been horrible for them .

The Japanese referee was thinking: ''If I want to sleep peacefully tonight I need to make sure Brazil is winning this''
Old 2014-06-12, 20:45   Link #53
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I watched the first half closely and it was a good match until then. Sorta multitasked through the second half (work time...) so I missed both the dive and the disallowed Croatia goal.

I did notice Croatia were often sharp on break, even though they had to build from the back and faced Brazil's pressing, and they fought really hard near the end. Oscar's goal led to an extremely misleading scoreline.

This Brazil does not impress me. They dominated in patches, but with Neymar's flamboyant exception (and, fine, Oscar), they lacked flair. Organized, hardworking, high pressure. Sort of Mourinho-esque. Not my style. Maybe they'll get their world cup, but this will not go down in history as a legendary world cup except for the one superstar.

/watched it through Univision stream, which was hilarious as I had exactly zero Spanish knowledge.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 00:46   Link #54
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

What a sad beginning for a World Cup. Everybody knows Brazil has to win but being helped so blatantly does more harm than good to them imho.

It also explains why they got a relatively inexperienced referee for their first match, how come that for Spain-Netherlands and Italy-England they put the referees of the last two Champions' League finals?
Old 2014-06-13, 01:05   Link #55
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
What a sad beginning for a World Cup. Everybody knows Brazil has to win but being helped so blatantly does more harm than good to them imho.

It also explains why they got a relatively inexperienced referee for their first match, how come that for Spain-Netherlands and Italy-England they put the referees of the last two Champions' League finals?
This ref was already in the past WC, where he even was part of the 4 ref's team that were on the final, just so happens that clearly he had his orders, he didn't even hesitate to call the penalty, and even booked the croatian player.
Also, I think the saddest of all this is Felipao's insistence that it was a clear penalty, the wisest was to shut up and just take the win, but no, Felipao had to go there and make a fool of himself by defending the indefensible (wich isn't a first, I know everyone remenbers how he atacked Costa after he decided to play for Spain instead of Brazil and called him a traitor to his country, all while convinently forgetting he had convinced Deco [who, for those who don't know, was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil] to play for Portugal when he was the manager of Portugal's national team), he's a magnificent manager, but a shitty person it's what I'm saying.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 02:25   Link #56
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
This ref was already in the past WC, where he even was part of the 4 ref's team that were on the final, just so happens that clearly he had his orders, he didn't even hesitate to call the penalty, and even booked the croatian player.
By "inexperienced" I don't mean his presences in 2010 World Cup, but rather his participations in really tough matches such as those of European bigger championships or Champions League/Europa League, or Copa Libertadores.

Without this experience, you can't expect a referee to be adequately prepared in a match involving the World Cup host. If he was chosen instead of... say Webb (one who wouldn't take orders), it was mostly to avoid making Blatter sad.
Old 2014-06-13, 03:17   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

One isolated incident might not quite be enough to conclude something sinister, but it's still pretty worrisome in my opinion. Except for the ludicrous non-penalty there were several scenes which got my blood boiling.

Brazil routinely does tactical fouls when the opponent gained possession of the ball and is rushing for the counter. Grappling, bodychecks, "high" tackles, you name it. And they almost never receive the yellow cards that are mandatory in these cases.

I still remember when Modric broke free and was about to start a counter, and Marcelo literally tried to piggyback him. But since Modric broke free, nothing happened (the counter didn't amount to anything).

THIS IS A YELLOW CARD, GODDAMMIT! And yet, Brazil routinely gets a free pass on it. This is where the referee needs to intervene and show yellow and red cards, ensuing riots in Brazil be damned.

I have a very, very bad feeling about this.

Last edited by Mentar; 2014-06-13 at 06:21.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 04:16   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

brazil gonna get slaughtered by the first good counter attacking team they face, flopmar and refs won't save them.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 05:40   Link #59
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Should a good counterattacking team will step up to the plate and beat the living daylights out of Brazil, I'll love it when that happens... LOVE IT.

I agree with Mentar: fuck the riots in Brazil and fuck the fools who feel like killing themselves if the home country doesn't win the big prize.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 05:56   Link #60
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Does anyone know how the goal line technology work? Does the referee just have a device or something that can be transmitted if it is a goal?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote