Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-30, 12:53   Link #2161
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Did that many adventurers die in the fight, I wonder. The equipment for remembrance seem to fill a whole bench. The deaths we see is 2 from the champs and one more that Apprentice Cleric was tending to. Did they take the equipment from the Goblins...
There were no more causualities as far as I remember the LN spolilers.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 13:02   Link #2162
Tenzen12

It was faithful adaptation and most of changes made sense. I will anime that... but I think director could do better job even if budged was limited (which it was). It lacked claustrophobic feeling of novel and goblins didn't feel all that dangerous because that. Also they should put more HEA scenes. More HEA makes better show.

I would give it 6,5/10. Good but not great adaptation of awesome novel.
Old 2018-12-30, 13:58   Link #2163
eiyuuou

it should have dropped the hero part and focused on the lord. It was a redundant anticlimax

Spoiler:
Old 2018-12-30, 14:36   Link #2164
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
I hope for a second season, especially with that last shot (and there's more than enough material), but I'm pretty happy with the one season we did get. Decent adaptation, ok animation and they covered most of the important moments. I wonder how the disc sales will go, just hope the controversy won't hurt it too much.
In fact the last episode has increased the demand of the series on Amazon jp, of course, this does not necessarily mean that the series will sell in large quantity, but it is in a high position is something positive rather than negative.

About the controversy, it was mainly in the West, even the Japanese BPO said that what was shown was OK.

About the anime in general, I found an adaptation OK, it was better than I expected in some points, I thought much would be changed, but in the end was 80% faithful to the original source.

7.0 / 10.0
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 21:40   Link #2165
AC-Phoenix
Detective

And suddenly people respect GS for fighting them on a daily basis.
I also totally thought they'd do the "under this helmet is... another helmet" when he took it off. :P

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-01-01 at 21:54.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 21:51   Link #2166
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
it should have dropped the hero part and focused on the lord. It was a redundant anticlimax
the last episode, the parts with the hero, while not in the original novel, was written by the novel author as an add on for script meeting because he wants to see more hero in the anime, and it is a nice bridge to book3/season 2(festival arc) with double references to Year One(why does the hero know the goblins are scary?)/episode 3(you need people who save the town so the people who save the world has a place to return to.) the original text was released on official twitter.

also per author’s comments, original plan is to have 3 protection walls surround the lord then throw flame bottle into it…
Old 2019-01-02, 12:57   Link #2167
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pretty damn awesome. it set the bar high with ep 1, and it pretty much maintained it's enjoyment throughout the season with a slight dip here or there. i'm looking forward to seeing more of their adventures. as a manga reader, the monthly is killing me, but i'm starting to make my way through the novels as well, so it's not the end of the world. I can't wait for season 2, or a year one adaptation when they get enough material.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 19:26   Link #2168
Dark Wing

I actually surprised we get a second season. I honestly thought with all the skipping around white fox was doing this show would be a one and done. If I had to guess they might combine parts of Goblin Slayer Year One with some of the main series.
Old 2019-01-05, 22:45   Link #2169
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It was faithful adaptation and most of changes made sense. I will anime that... but I think director could do better job even if budged was limited (which it was). It lacked claustrophobic feeling of novel and goblins didn't feel all that dangerous because that. Also they should put more HEA scenes. More HEA makes better show.

I would give it 6,5/10. Good but not great adaptation of awesome novel.
Pretty much this. The show was alright but it lacked this sense of impending doom that I was expecting.
Old 2019-01-05, 22:46   Link #2170
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This show is quite a disappointment for me. I'm one of those people who actually like all the gritty stuffs in episode 1. If you go back to early pages and read my initial response after episode 1, I have more problems with the stupidity of the characters than all the brutality. I was hoping that GS will continue on that path but what I got after episode 1 is a bog-standard RPG story filled with bog-standard RPG characters aside from the existence of (and focus on) Goblin Slayer as a not-hero who vanquish the not-demon king. The only thing that made me even slightly interested in following the show is Goblin Slayer himself with his oddball personality. Without him, I would've instantly dropped this anime after episode 2 or 3 with no f*cks given. Speaking of bog-standard, even the background story of Goblin Slayer himself is not all that unique. The difference being how he views the world during his adult period and how he slowly changes in the show. The other characters are totally forgettable (except maybe the Sword Maiden) and pretty just function as foils for Goblin Slayer to interact to. The direction is weak and uninspired (budget or no budget), I like one or two tracks from the BGMs but that's it. Not really digging the OP & ED either. And no, I don't have inherent problem or bias towards RPG/medieval fantasy genre either. I you want me to compare GS with other non-parody RPG/medieval fantasy anime that I like, well, here goes: I think Danmachi is more fun, Berserk is more intense and well-written, Grimgar is more heartfelt and intimate, Granblue Fantasy has better art, and even the flawed Lodoss OVA from 1990 has a lot better directing than GS (budget or no budget). That makes GS somewhat of a mediocre fantasy anime. Still, at least GS' storytelling is quite better than other recent fantasy anime like Grancrest Senki or whatever forgettable recent adaptation of Tales of game that we got some years ago with the yaoi+yuri pairings, Jesus Shepherd (and the stellar animation from Ufotable) being the only things that I can recall from it.

Overall, the show is almost a waste of time for me, but Goblin Slayer (the character) makes it somewhat worthwhile. This is the same case with Gangsta where episode 1 got my hopes up but the rest of the show turns into something a lot more mediocre (in Gangsta's case, it turned into a shounen show filled with superhumans complete with power-ranking system).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2019-01-05 at 23:03.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 22:44   Link #2171
Dark Wing

Obelisk I would highly recommend the manga. Lot more detail and grit.
Old 2019-01-07, 05:37   Link #2172
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Obelisk I would highly recommend the manga. Lot more detail and grit.
Thanks. Your suggestion is well noted. Still, I was hoping the anime to be better than it is coz you can do a lot more with color, animation & sound.
Old 2019-01-07, 05:47   Link #2173
RDNexus

But it's also easier to fall under scrutinizing eyes, inciting unconfortable public reactions, as was duly noted in this case by Ep01 alone...

And that's only the tip of the iceberg, as there's always other interests at play when a story gets turned into Anime.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 20:16   Link #2174
Hata
時の異邦人

there will be a “Guild Party 2019” live show on May 26th, application
tickets in BD/DVD on sale February 20th. major seiyu in attending.

xxxxxxxxx

CD info
Goblin Slayer Original Soundtrack
26 tracks, 3,240Yen
Release Date: 2019/02/20
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07MP1RQ3F
Old 2019-01-24, 00:15   Link #2175
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
there will be a “Guild Party 2019” live show on May 26th, application
tickets in BD/DVD on sale February 20th. major seiyu in attending.

xxxxxxxxx

CD info
Goblin Slayer Original Soundtrack
26 tracks, 3,240Yen
Release Date: 2019/02/20
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07MP1RQ3F
That's something at least. What I want is track names for the soundtrack.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 06:13   Link #2176
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

GobSlay figma. Wish he had more stuff on him but I'm happy with what we're getting.
https://www.goodsmile.info/ja/produc...%E3%83%BC.html

But if you need more Goblins for Slaying, well, there's these:
https://www.instagram.com/plunderlings/
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 18:22   Link #2177
Twi

Someone's done a video on the changes between the anime and light novel and manga for the last arc:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-01-28, 19:36   Link #2178
Tenzen12

Shouldn't this thread get moved to older series already?
Old 2019-02-02, 12:14   Link #2179
Top Sergeant

Very much looking forward to Season 2.
Old 2019-02-05, 05:13   Link #2180
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Very much looking forward to Season 2.
It was Christmas day in the workhouse,
The paupers were full of cheer.
Their faces were filled with gladness
Their bellies were filled with beer.

In came the Goblinslayer,
As he strode through the drafty halls,
He cried, "Who wants a second season?"
And the paupers answered..."Heave half a brick at him!"

The Slayer, he was sore outraged,
And swore "If you're not good,
"I'll be a lousy rotter then,
"And stop your Christmas pud!"

Up spoke the eldest pauper,
In a voice as bold as brass
"If FIGHTER isn't coming back,
"Then stick it...with Overlord, Shield Hero, SAO, and the other unwanted shows!"

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2019-02-05 at 05:43.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy