AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-22, 20:32   Link #541
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Outstanding stuff by Kamado, his hard work is really paying off.

Even the other 2 have decided they can't sit back and watch anymore otherwise they will be left in the dust, which still might happen eventually anyway from their laziness.

Do not anger the swordsmiths!
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 00:14   Link #542
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukes YGO & WS on YT View Post
Outstanding stuff by Kamado, his hard work is really paying off.

Even the other 2 have decided they can't sit back and watch anymore otherwise they will be left in the dust, which still might happen eventually anyway from their laziness.

Do not anger the swordsmiths!
Actually the anime changed a few scenes from the manga. In manga, both of them refused to train at all until they saw Tanjirous managed to win against Kanao in the tag match, then they only started to train the concentrated breathing.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 19:13   Link #543
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Another 26-episode season covering the next 3 arcs sounds good enough to me.
Yeah, I agree. Hopefully ufo will deliver on that front
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 23:37   Link #544
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Yeah, I agree. Hopefully ufo will deliver on that front
Hope the season 2 will not fall under JC Staff for some reason.
Old 2019-09-23, 23:47   Link #545
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Hope the season 2 will not fall under JC Staff for some reason.
Please no, anything but that
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 12:50   Link #546
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

10/10 season finale. Loved it all. The Lower Rank meeting with Muzan was chilling and well-animated, while the latter half was much more uplifting and warm fuzzy vibes. I'm so glad Kanao opened up to Tanjiro.

And I can't believe they're making a movie for the next arc! holy moly! great news all around.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 13:37   Link #547
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Looks like next arc is being adapted into film. Makes me worried we won't get any more seasons.

Overall awesome series. The animation, the pacing, the cinematography and story telling were all awesome. Everything was AAAA tier. Good job, Ufotable. It may take forever for the movie to hit the states but I'll be waiting with baited breath
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 13:43   Link #548
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 17:51   Link #549
bakato

Having read the manga, I thought they'd ease up on the gas, but the meeting scene was chilling.
Old 2019-09-28, 18:29   Link #550
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Looks like next arc is being adapted into film. Makes me worried we won't get any more seasons.
My Hero Academia has done both movies and additional seasons, so it can happen.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 18:35   Link #551
MCAL

Aniplex continuing to give characters that only have a couple of lines big named seiyuu I see.

Ufotable really showing off in the first half of the episode too.

Looking forward to the movie.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 18:47   Link #552
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That guy from the final selection got HUGE. He's been in the OP since the beginning and only appeared for like two minutes in the whole show

How long did Tanjiro and the others stay at Shinobu's mansion? Depending on the answer, it makes Kanao appear less special since those three already caught up to her. And yeah, I'm totally shipping her with Tanjiro. If anyone can get her to open up, it's him.

Is Tanjiro the reason Muzan was so triggered he killed half of his own forces? They did a good job conveying the fear he inspires his subordinates.

I enjoyed this series in the end, but I feel it was carried hard by Ufotable's skills. The story itself is nothing special.
Old 2019-09-28, 20:04   Link #553
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
My Hero Academia has done both movies and additional seasons, so it can happen.
The difference is that the MHA movies are original. This movie is a direct adaptation of the Manga, the next arc no less.
Old 2019-09-28, 20:20   Link #554
MCAL

I'll just bring up what I said in the movie thread:

"Anyway, my guess is since the train arc is relatively short (about 15 chapters) and the next two arcs after that are pretty long (about 30 chapters each), Ufotable is doing a movie for the train arc so they can do the next two arcs without rushing through the material too much."
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 20:44   Link #555
Wandering Soul

I see the series finally remembered that the other dude from the selection exam existed.

That scene with Muzan and the lower moons was great. You could literally feel the terror that he inspires in them.

Looking forward to the movie.
Old 2019-09-28, 22:21   Link #556
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Tanjiro is the MVP player of the year.
Spoiler for Recent Episode mild spoilers:
Old 2019-09-28, 22:39   Link #557
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Actually the anime changed a few scenes from the manga. In manga, both of them refused to train at all until they saw Tanjirous managed to win against Kanao in the tag match, then they only started to train the concentrated breathing.
No, it was the same. Tanjirou finally got his first victory against Kanao, then Shinobu came and egged both of them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How long did Tanjiro and the others stay at Shinobu's mansion? Depending on the answer, it makes Kanao appear less special since those three already caught up to her.
Probably more than 3 months, since near the beginning of their stay, Zenitsu was complaining that he would have to take the medicine for that long to recover his limbs back to their original size.

At minimum, they took a month for their training. From the various timeskips mentioned in the manga:

- Tanjirou losing to Kanao before Zenitsu and Inosuke give up (5 days)
- Tanjirou losing even more to Kanao (10 days)
- Total Concentration Breathing mentioned, Tanjirou breaks his first gourd (10 days)
- Zenitsu and Inosuke mastering Total Concentration Breathing (9 days)

Also for the record, it was never explicitly shown in the manga that they caught up to Kanao, only that they mastered the Total Concentration Breathing which was a basic prerequisite that could be done by all Pillars + Kanao. Mastering the breathing technique doesn't necessarily mean that they're even with her yet.

After Tanjirou's first victory, the manga didn't show any more exercises, so the even 10win/10loss score was anime original.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 23:35   Link #558
Applehell

Well supposed this ended pretty well. Iffy plotting, largely unfunny humor and some questionable character writing aside (readers weren't kidding about the beginning being rough...) I think genuinely enjoyed my time with the show. If nothing else Ufotable really elevated the material more than would have been had a lesser studio worked on it. I just hope the movie and next season are better in terms of plot and character development.

And as far as evil bosses go you certainly don't have Muzan as one. That Lower 12 scene was so chilling and well directed, oof.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-09-29 at 00:01.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 23:41   Link #559
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, it was the same. Tanjirou finally got his first victory against Kanao, then Shinobu came and egged both of them on.
Chapter 50.

In the manga, Tanjirou beats Kanao in both games and the chapter ended with Zenitsu and Inosuke with faceless expression, and with a thought bubble "Damnit!" and then both of them are only started to train at chapter 51 after Shinobu came to help them since Tanjitou is a bad teacher.

In Episode 25.

Tanjirou failed to grab Kanao's hand, but that is enough to make Zenitsu and Inosuke left speechless and then they went to Shinobu for the advice, so they started training, and the episode ended with Tanjirou finally beating Kanao in both games.

The end result is same but the order of sequence is definitely changed around.

Last edited by Sixth; 2019-09-29 at 04:05.
Old 2019-09-29, 10:43   Link #560
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i love that this series was UFOtable flexing more than any of their fate adaptations. i'm glad they're getting a feature movie for the next arc, which seems like it'll be a pretty crazy time with the lower one demon wanting to prove himself.

i believe the director said the second season was hinging on DVD sales, so we need to put our money where our mouths are.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon, shonen