Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 16:21   Link #12521
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And this is also not a hentai series... I've read enough of them to see that the guy can go on forever
Isn't fiction the best? hahahaha.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:49   Link #12522
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

- Training

- Fairy Tail

- School ( They have to keep up there grades don't they )

- The Wong Family ( They aren't giving up )

- Newspaper Club activities ( We haven't got them mentioned, but I don't think they aren't doing them )

So adding Tsukune's romance problems into the mix is I think a bit too much at this moment ...
High school: truly a time of absolute hell...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:59   Link #12523
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
High school: truly a time of absolute hell...
just wait until COllage
Old 2009-12-08, 02:11   Link #12524
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
just wait until COllage
By then He should have picked one of the girls already. Then again... Polygamy still stands..

PS: Doesn't the manga update every other month or so? I recently Finished chap 24, and its been like 2 months?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:18   Link #12525
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
By then He should have picked one of the girls already. Then again... Polygamy still stands..

PS: Doesn't the manga update every other month or so? I recently Finished chap 24, and its been like 2 months?
The raw of chapter 25 is already out, we are now waiting for the translation of the chapter to be released ...

I believe I said my opinion about the polygamy option already,

But, yeah I think that if the manga goes beyond Tsukune's graduation I think he should have chosen his partner by then already.

EDIT: On a side note aren't the last 3 chapter's similar to the chapter's before Sun's arc ( chapter's 15,16 and 17 where filler chapter's as well weren't they ) and after that we got a serious arc ( with Tsukune showing off the result's of his training ). So what I'm trying to say is that it could be the same pattern used with chapter's 23,24 and 25 ... so that means that chapter 26 should be ( if I'm right ) the chapter where we get back to the serious stuff.

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-12-08 at 05:11.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 11:40   Link #12526
Ged
Legendary

Quote:
The raw of chapter 25 is already out, we are now waiting for the translation of the chapter to be released ...

I believe I said my opinion about the polygamy option already,

But, yeah I think that if the manga goes beyond Tsukune's graduation I think he should have chosen his partner by then already.

EDIT: On a side note aren't the last 3 chapter's similar to the chapter's before Sun's arc ( chapter's 15,16 and 17 where filler chapter's as well weren't they ) and after that we got a serious arc ( with Tsukune showing off the result's of his training ). So what I'm trying to say is that it could be the same pattern used with chapter's 23,24 and 25 ... so that means that chapter 26 should be ( if I'm right ) the chapter where we get back to the serious stuff.
If it hasn't changed back to real by that time, I'm gonne kill some one.
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 11:47   Link #12527
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

17 might be equivalent to 25 (since 15 and 16 are like 23 and 24- showing the strength that Tsukune's acquired)... the difference is, I'm thinking people liked Kurumu's story a bit better than Yukari's (for multiple reasons)

although... I must admit, I think we're gonna see Fairy Tale either in 26 or 27 again, and Tsukune will have to get down to Serious Business... it also means prepare for a good heaping of GARness

Old 2009-12-08, 12:49   Link #12528
Chris38

Quote:
17 might be equivalent to 25 (since 15 and 16 are like 23 and 24- showing the strength that Tsukune's acquired)... the difference is, I'm thinking people liked Kurumu's story a bit better than Yukari's (for multiple reasons)

although... I must admit, I think we're gonna see Fairy Tale either in 26 or 27 again, and Tsukune will have to get down to Serious Business... it also means prepare for a good heaping of GARness
Maybe we will see some sort of cooperation between Tsukune and Inner Moka, because last time we saw it ( against Hokuto ), they have displayed pretty good partnership with each other, and now it could be even better, because I think that during training Tsukune becomes more familiar with Inner Moka's movement pattern - well it's unrealistic too think that he hasn't caught anything ( I mean, how else Tsukune could defend against her attack's, knowing Inner Moka it's probably the first thing she has beaten into him, and probably one of the reason's why she taught him how to detect youki.

So knowing Inner Moka's movement pattern is probably gonna help Tsukune synchronise his attacks with Inner Moka better.

Of course it means that the opponent is strong enough for Inner Moka having problems beating him alone, but I don't think that Fairy Tail has only weak youkai, right. ( Khalua, anyone )

The only problem with the idea of a battle coperation between Inner Moka and Tsukune that I think is a quite significant one, is that would Inner Moka's vampire pride allow her to ask Tsukune for help in defeating her opponent ...
Old 2009-12-09, 04:23   Link #12529
Cio
Otaku

Hmm, I hear Lingwe is very busy recently, that's why the scanlation is late. I'm willing to scanlated Rosario + Vampire, if i could use the translation, anybody know?
Old 2009-12-09, 15:53   Link #12530
Ged
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Hmm, I hear Lingwe is very busy recently, that's why the scanlation is late. I'm willing to scanlated Rosario + Vampire, if i could use the translation, anybody know?
I ones got one translation off from some random dude and was able to do one scanlation... but I have no idea where to find them ^^
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:01   Link #12531
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ah yes, settling. A thing to do later. But for the moment, not settling is causing quite an uproar and keeping things interesting for the time being. A good thing, for it will eventually lead to some serious action and adventure. Though, I wonder if those "off campus excursions and training" are going toward an overall grade for graduation for Tsukune and company. Like extra credit like things. If they do get that kind of credit, the group could end up graduating half to almost a full year ahead of everyone else in the academy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
I ones got one translation off from some random dude and was able to do one scanlation... but I have no idea where to find them ^^
Mangahelpers is a good place to start, Lingwe uses it for the most part.
Old 2009-12-10, 03:59   Link #12532
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Ah yes, settling. A thing to do later. But for the moment, not settling is causing quite an uproar and keeping things interesting for the time being. A good thing, for it will eventually lead to some serious action and adventure. Though, I wonder if those "off campus excursions and training" are going toward an overall grade for graduation for Tsukune and company. Like extra credit like things. If they do get that kind of credit, the group could end up graduating half to almost a full year ahead of everyone else in the academy.

Mangahelpers is a good place to start, Lingwe uses it for the most part.
Well, you never know, it could happen, but I think the Headmaster is not going to allow it to happen, because at the school Tsukune has a higher chance of using his vampire abilities. Also the headmaster has means to control Tsukune's actions at school, when Tsukune graduates, this method is lost ...

So overall I don't think that Tsukune and company will graduate early ( unless something unexpected comes up ... )

Since we are already on the topic of Tsukune ... there is a little thing that has been bugging me for quite some time. Well, as I think everyone have noticed there are moments when Tsukune's eyes have a different pupil color, but still look human. ( for example: here or another example here ). As I pointed the pupil color change but they don't look like Tsukune's vampire eyes or his normal eyes.

Well maybe his pupils change color , because Tsukune unconsciously releases his youki , Remember what Inner Moka said during her "date" with Tsukune ( the part about youki ), so it could also apply to Tsukune, because we know that Tsukune's body produces youkai power, so why can't small amounts of that youki slip out of Tsukune.

Well, of course it could be blocked by the holy lock, but I think that's not the case, the reason of that, is that there have been a lot of situations when Tsukune's eye color change without changing into "vampire" eyes, to call it a coincidence ...
Old 2009-12-10, 04:16   Link #12533
NighTpelTz
Conspiracy!

woohooo looking foward to next chapter!!
NighTpelTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 04:36   Link #12534
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Since we are already on the topic of Tsukune ... there is a little thing that has been bugging me for quite some time. Well, as I think everyone have noticed there are moments when Tsukune's eyes have a different pupil color, but still look human. ( for example: here or another example here ). As I pointed the pupil color change but they don't look like Tsukune's vampire eyes or his normal eyes.

Well maybe his pupils change color , because Tsukune unconsciously releases his youki , Remember what Inner Moka said during her "date" with Tsukune ( the part about youki ), so it could also apply to Tsukune, because we know that Tsukune's body produces youkai power, so why can't small amounts of that youki slip out of Tsukune.

Well, of course it could be blocked by the holy lock, but I think that's not the case, the reason of that, is that there have been a lot of situations when Tsukune's eye color change without changing into "vampire" eyes, to call it a coincidence ...
You're thinking about this WAY too hard man

Typically in manga and anime, eyes are used to show emotional changes. The examples you showed are just that, nothing to do with Tsukune's vamp youki. The first one is just a difference in the art or a bad scan. The second one is something like a surprised reaction. In your examples and those other times, his eyes are completely human. They're just showing emotion. There's also no color change, just shape and differences in the art. The only time his eyes really change is when Tsukune uses youki.

If you read other manga or watch anime, you'll notice that eyes change shape a lot to reflect emotions. Shrunken irises and pupils usually mean the character is shocked. Wide irises are surprise or happiness depending on the rest of the facial expression. Blank or solid colored irises means the character is not in a normal state of mind or possessed. As far as I know, these are the most common.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-12-10 at 04:58.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:31   Link #12535
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
You're thinking about this WAY too hard man

Typically in manga and anime, eyes are used to show emotional changes. The examples you showed are just that, nothing to do with Tsukune's vamp youki. The first one is just a difference in the art or a bad scan. The second one is something like a surprised reaction. In your examples and those other times, his eyes are completely human. They're just showing emotion. There's also no color change, just shape and differences in the art. The only time his eyes really change is when Tsukune uses youki.

If you read other manga or watch anime, you'll notice that eyes change shape a lot to reflect emotions. Shrunken irises and pupils usually mean the character is shocked. Wide irises are surprise or happiness depending on the rest of the facial expression. Blank or solid colored irises means the character is not in a normal state of mind or possessed. As far as I know, these are the most common.
Well ... I might be reading a bit too much into it ... but well I think Tsukune youki should be also rising, when he is felling strong emotions ... unless he knows how to instinctively block his youkai aura, ( or Inner Moka showed Tsukune how to blcok his aura during their "training sessions", which haven't been rarely brought up in the manga ... which, means that we don't know for sure what Tsukune is being trained in besides fighting ... I' think that during there training sesions Inner Moka teaches Tsukune more then how to fight, I'm thinking that she also teaches him how to manage his youki effectively, so that means that she should be teaching him things that only vampires can use ( for example the youki detector which is according to Inner Moka a vampire ability), so anyway she should have shown Tsukune how to block his aura ) or it's one of the functions of the Holy Lock - so it could have made him be preserved as a "normal" human when he isn't using his vampire abilities .

Well, personally I don't think that the Holy Lock is able to do that ... well sealing the Tsukune's youki is supposed to be one of the functions of the holy lock, but does that mean that Tsukune's Holy Lock is actually controlling the amount of youki generated in Tsukune's body ... I mean it seems like a Rosario is able to do something like that ( for example Moka's - but as it was told in the manga, Moka's Rosario was specifically made for her ) ... but is Tsukune's Holy Lock able to do the same ... even if the Headmaster said that it was not made for Tsukune, so a defect cannot be avoided ... well I generally think that trusting the Headmaster's words is risking, but so far I don't think that there would be something in the manga so far, that would prove otherwise so I will stick with that at this moment ... so if we treat the Headmaster's words as true, then that means there are some differences between Tsukune's Holy Lock and Moka's rosario.

And if the Holy Lock had the ability of controlling the amount of youkai energy generated in Tsukune's body ... how could he still be able to use his vampire abilities without the Belmont whip ???

Well what I want to point out, that unless Tsukune or his Holy Lock has means to prevent that, if we are using Inner Moka's words as point of reference then doesn't that mean that Tsukune is an ideal target in combat, whenever his emotions get the better of him ?
Old 2009-12-10, 13:39   Link #12536
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Might want to go read some more manga/watch anime- when a character's emotions rise, they always get some sort of power boost. Also, the youkai power is generated within Tsukune. The Holy Lock is just that- a lock on his power that he's actually using. Think of it like a dam: the water (youkai power) is already there, but the dam (holy lock) controls how much of it is actually used/going through

and also, a person becoming a target due to power via emotions is also a very common thing- hence why there's always the thing about keeping one's emotions in control during combat

Old 2009-12-10, 14:09   Link #12537
Chris38

Quote:
Might want to go read some more manga/watch anime- when a character's emotions rise, they always get some sort of power boost. Also, the youkai power is generated within Tsukune. The Holy Lock is just that- a lock on his power that he's actually using. Think of it like a dam: the water (youkai power) is already there, but the dam (holy lock) controls how much of it is actually used/going through

and also, a person becoming a target due to power via emotions is also a very common thing- hence why there's always the thing about keeping one's emotions in control during combat
Magin, I'm also reading some other manga such as Soul Eater, Negima, Fairy Tail, Nurarihyon no Mago, Psyren to point out a few that I fallow ( other then RV, of course ), but it's just that I'm a bit hesitant to compare different characters from different manga ... but even I see some similarities in the character build up ( especially in shounen manga's ... ) and that usually they get a power boost when their emotions are rising during a fight ...

And I agree with you, about Tsukune's youkai power being generated within him, and that the Holy Lock is controlling how much it is going through, what I wanted to point out is that from what Inner Moka has said about youki detecting aura's, it seems that it is fundamental during combat between fellow ayashi and that so far we don't know if Tsukune can hide his youkai aura during combat ... ( at least I don't remember it being said anywhere ) ... but, well come to think of the reason, why Tsukune doesn't know how to hide his youki is because Inner Moka is thinking that it is bellow her to hide her presence during battle ... it could be another example of vampire pride that was mentioned so many times, before ... or another explanation is that due to the high amounts of youkai energy generated, vampires are simply unable to hide their presence by themselves and that's why they have to resort to wearing some kind of seals to take care of this weakness of their kind ...
Old 2009-12-12, 01:15   Link #12538
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

ugu... it feels like decades since the last chapter =_=...

I always find it odd that the staff is always busy with something at the beginning of the month... kinda like how homeless people get their paycheck on the first friday of the month and go out and be busy for awhile from their usual lounging on the streets.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 02:40   Link #12539
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

It's a Yukari chapter... never mind the BS anyone says, do you think the translators will really be in a rush to do this chapter? I'd take crack at it myself, but I could guarantee nothing...

Old 2009-12-12, 10:50   Link #12540
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wanna see Kokoa walk in on Tsukune naked, it'll provide some great laughs XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire