AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 22:24   Link #1601
righteoustrickster01

Fair point on Hikki phobia/trauma!!! Yukino really is tricker point on the whole family situation and similar and difference view. Manbe one the few way they bond if meet years later under diffrent condition. Only meeting as stranger again but knowing there of similar/same (this is up for interpretion)...

Hikki confort zone is on said person will "same" social status for the sake of conpanision.

Ebina was close but in the end it was a no , manbe in the future they mysterly hook up .

Like the story suddendly take on Yukinoshita Yukino Perpective instead Hikki and see it from a observation point of view..

Enough Said I wonder what goes to said on the matter of Hikki View On Ideal Mates.

Because I tell one it one view he said of Househusband .... I bet he has other.
righteoustrickster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 22:37   Link #1602
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think you are bit wrong here, Hikki knows that Ebina isn't inclined toward romantic relationship right now and that's why he isn't afraid of being hurt by her and thus doesn't need keep distance either.

But if he get over his phobia, he would pick neither Yui, Ebina nor Saika, but Yukino for better or worse.
That's simply because the "First Girl Wins" rule is operating here(more info of the rule on tvtropes) like in most animes, but that too is because in most cases the 1st girl is the best pair for the protagonist.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 23:18   Link #1603
Tenzen12

But I didn't speak meta. I would say same even if he was real person, so there is no realy reason talk about first girls and other tropes that aren't related Hachimans character.

And I am saying all that, despite I don't think Yukino is best girl for him either.

PS: Tropes are nothing but very convenient labels, they doesn't provide anyone with additional credibility.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:47   Link #1604
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteoustrickster01 View Post
Remenber how easy it was for him to set some attetion to Ebina ... So Easy that he prefer her over Yui .
I think you got it wrong. He didn't intend to confess to Hina for real, it was done to a) show Tobe what's gonna happen if he confesses to Hina, and b) save him from shame and uneasiness when he would be shot down in front of everyone. The fact that he also saved status quo (as per Hayato's request) and rejected Yui again is a "nice" added bonus.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 15:44   Link #1605
Heat066

Quote:
But I didn't speak meta. I would say same even if he was real person, so there is no realy reason talk about first girls and other tropes that aren't related Hachimans character.

And I am saying all that, despite I don't think Yukino is best girl for him either.

PS: Tropes are nothing but very convenient labels, they doesn't provide anyone with additional credibility.
All I did was point out that, like most stories of this genre, the 1st girl met to be a potential love interest for the protagonist has the highest chance to end with him.

This ain't me trying to blurt out something, this is a given fact in most romantic stories(most because I know there are exceptions).

If you say HikkixYuki wouldn't work that's the same as saying the writer is a mediocre for putting them on that light.
Old 2014-02-10, 16:17   Link #1606
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Changing the topic a little.... Has people heard of the "Japanese Love Couple in a Snow Storm" meme?

And I (We need a Yukinon x Yui one as well)

BTW, I think there is still not a preview text for volume 9....
Old 2014-02-10, 16:23   Link #1607
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Changing the topic a little.... Has people heard of the "Japanese Love Couple in a Snow Storm" meme?

And I (We need a Yukinon x Yui one as well)

BTW, I think there is still not a preview text for volume 9....
LOL the heck's that?

Preview?

Is there even a date for vol.9 going out on Japan?
Old 2014-02-10, 16:27   Link #1608
Tenzen12

I didn't know about that meme until, but Lol it's perfect with 8man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
All I did was point out that, like most stories of this genre, the 1st girl met to be a potential love interest for the protagonist has the highest chance to end with him.

This ain't me trying to blurt out something, this is a given fact in most romantic stories(most because I know there are exceptions).

If you say HikkixYuki wouldn't work that's the same as saying the writer is a mediocre for putting them on that light.

That comes from assumption Watari is trying put them in such light in first place, but that's wrong as Oregairu is about disfunctional relationships of disfunctional people. The biggest concern is not with who will Hikki end but IF EVER. (And if we wanted to be pedantic, first girl would be either Shizuka or Yui anyway)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-10 at 16:46.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:30   Link #1609
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
LOL the heck's that?
There it was a record breaking snow storm in japan some time ago; and the news and media covered the consequences and stuff... Within the hassle, a guy gave a super embarrasing comment next to his girlfriend who is covering her face; and it created a boom where the comment / scene is replayed by fictional characters. There are some variations, and Hachiman is -of course- alone in his version. (For example, Yoshikage Kira is with a hand, of course )

Quote:
Is there even a date for vol.9 going out on Japan?
Next month, I think (I thought it was this one).
Old 2014-02-10, 16:42   Link #1610
femrilu

Quote:
I didn't know that meme before, but Lol it's perfect with 8man

That comes from assumption Watari is trying put them in such light in first place, but that's wrong as Oregairu is about disfunctional relationships of disfunctional people. Bigges concern is not with who will Hikki end but IF EVER. (And if we wanted to be pedantic, first girl would be either Shizuka or Yui anyway)
This is probably the best we can think right now.
In the end it is a ''wrong yout romcom''
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:50   Link #1611
Heat066

Quote:
That comes from assumption Watari is trying put them in such light in first place, but that's wrong as Oregairu is about disfunctional relationships of disfunctional people. Bigges concern is not with who will Hikki end but IF EVER. (And if we wanted to be pedantic, first girl would be either Shizuka or Yui anyway)
That only applies for the heroine(or deuteragonist) being a love interest on this case.

All that's left is to wait, only time will tell who's in the wrong here.

Quote:
There it was a record breaking snow storm in japan some time ago; and the news and media covered the consequences and stuff... Within the hassle, a guy gave a super embarrasing comment next to his girlfriend who is covering her face; and it created a boom where the comment / scene is replayed by fictional characters. There are some variations, and Hachiman is -of course- alone in his version. (For example, Yoshikage Kira is with a hand, of course )

Next month, I think (I thought it was this one).
Just searched for it(so much BL ) and Hachiman being alone is a cracker

Hope for that, we need more 8man
Old 2014-02-10, 18:20   Link #1612
femrilu

By the way, a new manga chapter was updated by the new scanlations group. Yey.
Any1 knows where the japanese manga is at now?
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 18:21   Link #1613
Heat066

Just wanted to inform, Vistrans(Not Viscans) is still on the Oregairu(manga) translation.

Chapter 6 is avaible on their site.

---EDIT---

lol just got ninja'd
Old 2014-02-10, 18:49   Link #1614
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by femrilu View Post
By the way, a new manga chapter was updated by the new scanlations group. Yey.
Any1 knows where the japanese manga is at now?
Manga vol 2 ended LN vol 2; manga 3 vol is available but I haven't seen it.... depending on how they adapted it, they could finish up LN vol 3 in there (hope not, since that fake lover thing is fun + Hikki's mom).

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-02-10 at 19:09.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:09   Link #1615
Heat066

Quote:
Manga vol 2 ended LN vol 2; manga 3 vol is available but I haven't seen it.... depending on how they adapted it, they could finish up LN vol 3 in there (hope not, since that fake lover thing is fun + Hikki's mom).
Hikki's mom? did I miss something?
Old 2014-02-10, 23:00   Link #1616
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
she bullies him its pretty funny

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 23:08   Link #1617
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Volume 3 has an animal exhibit which has Komachi x Hikki x their mom antics. Yukinoshita, Yui & Sensei are there as well, but as 3 individuals..... this is where Yui gets the wrong (right?) idea about Yukinon x Hikki.

Sensei was ignored since she was acting creepy due to the dog's cuteness (& Yukinon was acting weirdly due to the cat's cuteness + her dog fobia made )
Old 2014-02-10, 23:32   Link #1618
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
she bullies him its pretty funny
I've read something along these lines in vol3 synopsis. Just kinda wonder what's funny in bullying.

Last edited by SomeChineseGuy; 2014-02-11 at 00:21.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 00:06   Link #1619
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Read something along these lines in vol3 synopsis. Just kinda wonder what's funny in bullying.
its playfull not real bulling

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 10:42   Link #1620
Heat066

Quote:
Volume 3 has an animal exhibit which has Komachi x Hikki x their mom antics. Yukinoshita, Yui & Sensei are there as well, but as 3 individuals..... this is where Yui gets the wrong (right?) idea about Yukinon x Hikki.

Sensei was ignored since she was acting creepy due to the dog's cuteness (& Yukinon was acting weirdly due to the cat's cuteness + her dog fobia made )
Lol hope they include that in the manga

Now that I see Shisuka's creepy moment is my avatar xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
its playfull not real bulling
More like teasing? you might say

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck