AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-23, 10:00   Link #21
Avegaille

I loled at Kuroko thinking the names on that rooftop and saw the names, she thought they were cats... Their breast envy was simply just...

On the other hand, I got to see a kawaii flat-chested Konori... 8D

Oh and, yeah, that guy too. No kissing please, I don't think he's interested at all with her... and that's good... moar Aomi and Mii plz.

I don't know why but Mikoto's concern for Konori somehow made me support them as a crack!pairing more.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:16   Link #22
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Interesting Episode. The arc didn't get dragged out, and we got back story for Konori and Skill-Outs.

The phone call is probably foreshadowing the final arc. That woman probably supplied Big Spider with Capacity Down to either field test it, or distract Anti-Skill while she does something else.

I am also surprised there was no yuri mode kuroko. She was actually the most mature person during that episode, earning back some of the respect points she lost last episode.

Nice to see Anti-Skill still enjoys being fashionably late to the party.
Also, at the milk/chest discussion.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:42   Link #23
Avegaille

^ I was kinda surprised that Kuroko is the most calm of them all... I guess she's really a lady when it comes to serious stuff like this.

I felt the same thing, that these episodes are connected to the next arc... also, weren't they looking for something in the previous episode... I don't think it's espers, but I don't know, it might be connected still to the new arc...

Next week, we get Tessou... finally, she's getting a background story thing. Heh. Poor Konori had to say those "gross" commentaries for the next episode... xP
Old 2010-01-23, 13:28   Link #24
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

They need to show the calm and mature Kuroko once in a while, so that the molesting yuri mode Kuroko has maximum impact. I actually like her bedtime hairstyle way more then the twintails. Makes her look like a serious character and valid competition for Touma:

Spoiler for Kuroko <3:
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:28   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh dear. I liked how Saten explained how feelings aren't so simple and are hard to deal with.

But everything else was just below average.

And lol at the lesbian preview. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:46   Link #26
AlitY

I thought that was a really good episode like wise with the one last week, next episode though looks different but i can't really see any plot?

Also interesting to see that Kuroko's started drinking milk now lol. but imo she looks good the way she is.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 14:53   Link #27
babohtea

I liked the episode. Not very exciting, but in a good way.

Anyhow, at the end, who's saying "thank you senpai" and why? I'm not sure if its Konori talking to Kurozuma or Mikoto talking to Konori.

It'd be kind of weird for Konori to say "thank you" to Kurozuma after putting him in handcuffs, but I'm not sure why Mikoto would say "thank you" to Konori. Maybe it was obvious, but I missed it (obviously) .

Also, I'm pretty sure Konori is still somewhat interested in Kurozuma.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 17:58   Link #28
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Well, it was an ok episode, no thanks to our main heroines. Mikoto... I didn't think she was so oblivious to sentimental things. I thought the whole Mikoto getting annoyed in such was too unrealistic.
Old 2010-01-23, 18:41   Link #29
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

No! The pimp van! ;_;

GAZE UPON MY MANLY CHEST AND TREMBLE WITH FEAR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
-Anti-skill continues its tradition of being late to the party
WE WILL NOW BEGIN OUR SURPRISE RAID! *slooooowly marching forward...* Yes, flee before us! Bwahahaha!!!

Team Miikoto apparently didn't catch any flak for their independent action. Maybe they'll make them write punishment letters later or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
^ I was kinda surprised that Kuroko is the most calm of them all... I guess she's really a lady when it comes to serious stuff like this.
I was expecting her to break the mood and jump Mikoto the second Mikoto started talking about feelings that don't change... Sanity is a pleasant change of pace.
Old 2010-01-23, 22:31   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Give it 5/10 . Not very into Kagaku no Railgun but it was ok ep .

I lol in the end , Mii + Milk -> Made me thing of thoses pics in Image thread XD

And 23:11 : Kuroko was drinking Milk

Dunno if Misaka was thinking about Touma when they were talking about feelings , love etc ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 23:25   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
WE WILL NOW BEGIN OUR SURPRISE RAID! *slooooowly marching forward...* Yes, flee before us! Bwahahaha!!!

Team Miikoto apparently didn't catch any flak for their independent action. Maybe they'll make them write punishment letters later or something.
Well I think after getting owned so much Anti-Skill wanted to live it up a little. Having people actually run away in terror must have been a confidence boost for them . Finally opponents they can actually handle. But yeah for a surprise raid might have wanted to pick up the pace a little bit .
Old 2010-01-23, 23:35   Link #32
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Anyhow, at the end, who's saying "thank you senpai" and why? I'm not sure if its Konori talking to Kurozuma or Mikoto talking to Konori.
Anyone know?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 00:51   Link #33
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

meh.. I thought Mii's skill would be something cool. instead she has pervert eyes. cool. too bad she can't look at herself with them.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 01:15   Link #34
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Anyone know?
Konori. It's her voice. Also, to add to that, she's saying thanks to him because he made her realize that her "home" is a place where she could be herself.

LOL the peeping tom ability, yeah, I guess that's as far as her ability goes... xD Also, why would she need to do that, all she has to do is go inside a bathroom naked and... yeah, you all get the idea.

Last edited by Avegaille; 2010-01-24 at 01:34.
Old 2010-01-24, 01:20   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anti-Skill's raid was more like a riot control than a bust
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 02:50   Link #36
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't get how leveling that up would do much. at most its like seeing through other materials. not entirely that useful.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:00   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i don't get how leveling that up would do much. at most its like seeing through other materials. not entirely that useful.
I assume the higher her level, the more layer of material she can penetrate... Wonder if she can see through lead?

Anyway, it's more of a support role than a direct offensive one... Like that other girl from Judgment with Telepathy. Konori would make room-clearing almost effortless.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:11   Link #38
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I assume the higher her level, the more layer of material she can penetrate... Wonder if she can see through lead?

Anyway, it's more of a support role than a direct offensive one... Like that other girl from Judgment with Telepathy. Konori would make room-clearing almost effortless.
Hmm, I wonder if it comes with zoom too? Possibly, Lvl 5 would make her the perfect tactical/strategic tool. She could spot for snipers/teleporters, and put her up on a chopper or any high vantage point and you could make an easy, clean sweep of the whole city.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:20   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Superman's X-ray vision eventually leveled up into actual heat vision. Just as his "jump higher than a tall building in a single bound" leveled up in actual flight. True story, though not necessarily true in the present DC continuity.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 05:46   Link #40
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Superman's X-ray vision eventually leveled up into actual heat vision. Just as his "jump higher than a tall building in a single bound" leveled up in actual flight. True story, though not necessarily true in the present DC continuity.
Mai Tokiha's Fireblast leveled up too cooking Ramen. True story.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote