Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-11-16, 09:02   Link #1
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Program to watermark videos

Hi, and good evening.

Just want to ask on what software is good for placing watermark to a video??
I have recorded some videos from an anime convention, and I wish to watermark them before uploading to youtube.

Thank you for suggestions.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 10:18   Link #2
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

I'm not really sure if you own video editing software or want to, so I've looked around for mostly free ways of going about it.

Just so I know what to recommend, did you want a text watermark or an image watermark?
Old 2015-11-16, 17:14   Link #3
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A program that can add a simple text watermark to a video should be fine.

I add text watermark like this to photos that I shoot for our cosplay group. And I want to do the same for videos.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-11-16 at 17:52.
Old 2015-11-16, 18:09   Link #4
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Virtualdub can do fine.....

http://www.wondershare.com/video-edi...irtualdub.html
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:21   Link #5
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Got ninja'd, I need to stop writing so slowly.

VirtualDub does the job pretty well but it need a bit of time to master (on the export front to upload to YouTube, at least) from my experience with it. If you're feeling a bit more lazy then I think you can get by with Windows Movie Maker (can't vouch for it, though, haven't used it since XP) or iMovie.

Though if you're looking for something fancier than plain text I'd definitely recommend comparing video software like said VirtualDub amongst others, and see which one fits your preferences the most after learning how to manage with them.
Old 2015-11-16, 18:44   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Patchy and Natsurin

Suggestions appreciated. Guess I'd have to go with Virtual Dub. Had it for years, but did not know that it can add watermark.

Sorry, Windows Movie Maker is a no go for me. The video quality that comes out of it is not very good.
Old 2015-11-16, 18:58   Link #7
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Well, I did say lazy, it's usually the go-to for rapid video editing for most people despite quality so I threw it just in case.

Glad you got a solution nonetheless!
Old 2015-12-07, 09:44   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Sorry for this very late reply. It's because I got delayed on working at the vids.
I've now discovered that to use the watermark ability of VirtualDub... I need to choose "Full Processing Mode" - that would make the video quality very poor. So unfortunately, I need to look for another watermark program. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Old 2015-12-08, 00:11   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

A quick search shows that Kdenlive, a video editor that runs on Linux, can add watermarks. That link is designed for people running Ubuntu.

The simplest way to run Linux if you're a Windows or Mac user is to install a program called VirtualBox. You can then create a "virtual machine," essentially a computer within a computer, and install Linux into that. It will be entirely separate from the underlying "host" operating system, so you can play around and not threaten the integrity of your regular OS. I suggest Windows users try installing Kubuntu, the KDE flavor of Ubuntu. The desktop layout will look very familiar. Your best bet is to install version 14.04 which is quite stable and has support until 2019.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 00:34   Link #10
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Sorry for this very late reply. It's because I got delayed on working at the vids.
I've now discovered that to use the watermark ability of VirtualDub... I need to choose "Full Processing Mode" - that would make the video quality very poor. So unfortunately, I need to look for another watermark program. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
I don't know much about virtualdub, but I suspect you are not configuring the right encoder at the right settings. I assume your source is of a high resolution, as a low resolution source will definitely become noticeably worse after a transcode. Google a bit more about virtualdub on how to configure your encoder (codec and encoder settings) properly.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 04:55   Link #11
speck123

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't know much about virtualdub, but I suspect you are not configuring the right encoder at the right settings. I assume your source is of a high resolution, as a low resolution source will definitely become noticeably worse after a transcode. Google a bit more about virtualdub on how to configure your encoder (codec and encoder settings) properly.
I also think your video codec settings need some tweaking. Note that VirtualDub uses the outdated Video for Windows (VfW) framework from the 90's, so you should make sure you have the proper codec support for it. IIRC ffdshow and ffdshow-tryouts had some codec support for VfW, including h264 (x264).

If I may add a suggestion, try using AviDemux.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 10:29   Link #12
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@SeijiSensei, larethian, speck123

Thank you for the suggestions .. I'll read everything carefully tomorrow morning (11:30 right now in here). Will also message everyone in this thread when the videos are done. :3
Old 2015-12-09, 16:50   Link #13
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Sorry for the double post. Problem solved.

In the past two days - I decided to live dangerously, searched various websites and blogs for a watermark program. Luckily, was able to dodge serious spyware and malware. I now have a watermark program that operates at 100%. There is almost no noticeable decrease in quality of the video.

Thanks to everyone who posted info on the thread.
Old 2015-12-19, 14:17   Link #14
Sides

LTTP >_<

Best way is to frameserve to an encoder. IMO the best and free method to do this, is to use avisynth and load the script into an encoder like MeGUI. If you don't like writing your own script, you can use a GUI like AvsPmod for assistance. It is easy to use, powerful and something worth looking into if you are interested in video processing/editing.
You can find the tools i listed on doom9.org's forum, and a lot of people here should now how to use them anyways.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 19:02   Link #15
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Sides

Well, the suggestion is appreciated. Might look on that if I ever need to watermark a video again.