Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-06, 04:50   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 159 Discussion Thread

Holy cow! Shouldn't have read this week's episode title for it gives away the main event of this episode. The animators better capture the mood. It's not everyday....... well, not that I'm going to be... I mean, it's a pure shounen series where no one..... Darn it. I can't say anything without spoiling something.

Good morning everyone! How about them Giants, eh?

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-02-06, 08:06   Link #2
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

cant wait shuld be very good ep and your rite they better do this ep rite
Old 2008-02-06, 08:41   Link #3
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I mean, it's a pure shounen series where no one..... Darn it. I can't say anything without spoiling something.
And so you say you dont want to spoil, but the moment i read that sentence, i could guess what the episode title said haha.

Well, aside from that, seeing that i doubt chad will drag on for more than half of the episode against an espada, i think it should be interesting that we will see the closure of the rukia vs arronerio fight. I'm just wondering how long rukia can last against arronerio... or maybe through some bizarre plot twist... how long arronerio can last against rukia bankai anyone?

Spoiler for From the preview of the previous episode....:
Old 2008-02-06, 09:16   Link #4
kissthestick

Orihime's slap is even better in animated form, nice and quick heheh
Old 2008-02-06, 12:04   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Finally Real Espada Fight..I Think It Gonna be Good Ep..
Old 2008-02-06, 13:44   Link #6
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

cant wait to see uli
Old 2008-02-06, 17:02   Link #7
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
yep cant wait. bleach hasnt let us down yet
Old 2008-02-06, 17:10   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
And so you say you dont want to spoil, but the moment i read that sentence, i could guess what the episode title said haha.
I swear it wasn't my intention but I guess I didn't account for all the experienced shounen series viewers who have, well, enjoyed their fair share of shounen series, and the all so typical "twist and turns" that tend to happen, and then those twist and turns turn out to be nothing but fallacy after 10-15 episodes down into the series. Hey, I now can thank you for easing my burden of knowing by spoiling yourself as well. At least, now I'll have someone with me who will be sharing my pain of knowing.
Old 2008-02-06, 20:46   Link #9
lequory
People hate good theories

"Yasutora Sado dies! Orihime's Tears"
"Sado Yasutora shisu! Orihime no namida" (茶渡泰虎死す!織姫の涙)

Seems I latched onto the translated exactly when it was released because there weren't 10's of thousands of people gettin it for once.

The rukia fight is not going to finished in this episode as suggested beforehand. It was an alright episode but theres going to be alot of skipping around to bits and pieces of the fights for a good while now. Szayel looks like a pevert and frankly because i know whats going on with that fight I am not interested in it. I want to see some more Ichigo action which I hope will happen after the Rukia fight.

Guess we'll be waiting a few hours before a real discussion actually happens.

Last edited by lequory; 2008-02-06 at 21:04. Reason: i really dont know
Old 2008-02-06, 22:16   Link #10
Jerseykid

Did they do a focus group of japanese anime fans and find that they like serious situations being ruined by stupid characters?
Old 2008-02-06, 22:24   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well Renji is in deep....Guy's bankai gets blown away in one moment. How the heck he is even going to fight for more than 2 minutes much less win is beyond me. Looks like we've got the espada version of Mayuri. With him doing research on spirit based weapons almost expected Ishida to get this guy.

Sado got owned. Looks like the enemies aren't the only ones who just leave opponents injured but alive. Luckily Sado isn't interesting enough for the guy to go and kill him.

Nice slap Inoue. Probably didn't hurt at all. But it's the thought that counts.

Have to say it's pretty annoying with those hollow side-kicks. What did Renji and Ishida do to deserve this anyways?
Old 2008-02-06, 23:16   Link #12
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Smile

i think i heard tesla's seiyu somewhere else hmm, anyway, good choice oh, and Orihime did the "what did the 5 finger say to the face" joke n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Did they do a focus group of japanese anime fans and find that they like serious situations being ruined by stupid characters?
nothing new, remember the scenes on the bridge(ichigo + rukia quarrel next to byakuya,ukitake,...) or the goofy rukia throwing at sogyouku hill right next to all the captains including old yama-ji... but i have to admit that dondochakka is a let down, peshe/nell are way better at their sidekick-performance
Old 2008-02-07, 00:36   Link #13
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
i think i heard tesla's seiyu somewhere else hmm
He's the seiyu for Graham Aker of Gundam 00; that was the first thing that struck me about this boring episode, and probably the last thing I'll remember.

Bleach got caught with it's pants down, metaphoricaly speaking. They streached and added way too many of the comedic moments. At first I found the Pesche moments funny, with him mistaking Ishida for Ichigo, but now it's just terribly annoying. The entire episode was a write off as far as I'm concerned. To much cutting and stalling.

The next episode, for myself is personally the best manga chapter in Hueco Mundo arc. Suffice to say I expect perfection from it, if not, I'm gonna be hella pissed.
Old 2008-02-07, 00:49   Link #14
EoT
~~

This episode was mainly buildup for all the fight scenes.. which i thought would of been this episode but oh well.

Wasn't too bad overall.
Old 2008-02-07, 05:36   Link #15
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Orihime probably broke her hand when she slapped Ulq.
Old 2008-02-07, 08:52   Link #16
jamerican

Send a message via AIM to jamerican
I for one am itching for more Orihime and Uliquora, Their interaction and relationship with each other has caught my interest...The "slap" made me question what was going on in his mind...Why did he not strike back? Did he think he would kill her if he did? Why was he so passive afterwards? So many questions I want answered ...If you look back at Episode 150 after their exchange, Uli begins to think to himself ending up calling her a "Stong-willed woman"...I want more!!
Old 2008-02-07, 09:22   Link #17
Jingjong

Best scene is the Tesla and Noitra interaction. I really dig Noitra's voice.
Old 2008-02-07, 09:26   Link #18
Ichimaru

did you guys noticed the diff in HM?

outside the buildin is darkness, inside has light but enoues room has dark light

whats the possibility the main hideabouts is outside the buildin?
Old 2008-02-07, 09:57   Link #19
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Ulq Arancar MVP?

Ulq’s demeanor and logic was pure. The man or Arancar in this case is a saint... on an opposite light. The speech a powerful and cold poetry and I must say it was enough to knock out old Grimmy from #1 spot on the race for Arancar MVP. (Still looking forward to seeing Stark in lazy action though)

Sadly points were stolen from Ulq by the slap of Bleach century. Although it more than likely hurt her more than it actually hurt him it was enough to stop the current Arancar MVP from speaking his innocent yet perverse views.

Honorable mentions for this episode is Noi who seems to be the long lost brother of Ken-Chan separated at birth one to spend a life of hell and the other a saint to man. Ken-Chan a saint?

A lot of flashbacks but aside the unnecessary small inconveniences I like the episode.
Old 2008-02-07, 10:50   Link #20
Sauzer

I can only say one thing: "So it begins.."
Closed Thread