Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-13, 17:40   Link #221
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Indeed (though info here's a bit wrong), considering the whole sequence of event went somewhat like
Spoiler for Guillotine:

Guillotine's supposed to be brutal and fixated. Manga "destroyed" her character somewhat. Shinkurou is ... not as pathetic in the novel (loli power up is a must, but not through inspirational speeches but through resolve from his own).
Wow... that is brutal. I think I'll take the manga over the novel in this case, even if it means our loli-lover is a little more wimpy. I would still love to read the novels one day though.
Old 2011-04-13, 18:51   Link #222
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I don't like the manga, but I'd hate the novel even more. I'm not into hopeless, nihilistic, pedophile torture fantasies. The author seems to quite enjoy killing, maiming and otherwise destroying people while Shinkurou continues to be a pathetic idiot who can't do anything. Man, why not just have him castrated and hung by his **** with a metal hook? Heck, it seems like it's something the author might get off on. Something tells me the LN series will end with Kurenai dead and the bad guys winning.
Old 2011-04-13, 22:29   Link #223
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't like the manga, but I'd hate the novel even more. I'm not into hopeless, nihilistic, pedophile torture fantasies. The author seems to quite enjoy killing, maiming and otherwise destroying people while Shinkurou continues to be a pathetic idiot who can't do anything. Man, why not just have him castrated and hung by his **** with a metal hook? Heck, it seems like it's something the author might get off on. Something tells me the LN series will end with Kurenai dead and the bad guys winning.
The thing is Shinkurou is not pathetic in the novel ... the "resolve" moments were generally badass. The first time he got his horn was pretty amazing and every time after as well. Yeah it's brutal, but there are a lot of warms moments with Murasaki, as well as awesome antics with Ginko and Yuuno along with his eccentric neighbors.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 01:42   Link #224
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Of course, she done nothing wrong and didn't lose her composure even once.
I don't know if I'd call what she does "nothing wrong".

Spoiler for novel stuff:
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 01:43   Link #225
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't like the manga, but I'd hate the novel even more.
Kurenai isnt as bad in the novels. he still has some loli-power up here and there but he is far from useless crap hero we see in the manga.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 01:45   Link #226
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kurenai isnt as bad in the novels. he still has some loli-power up here and there but he is far from useless crap hero we see in the manga.
I'd like that to show up in the manga, instead of him jobbing all day like he's Renji in Bleach or something.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:05   Link #227
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
The thing is Shinkurou is not pathetic in the novel ... the "resolve" moments were generally badass. The first time he got his horn was pretty amazing and every time after as well. Yeah it's brutal, but there are a lot of warms moments with Murasaki, as well as awesome antics with Ginko and Yuuno along with his eccentric neighbors.
I don't see Shinkurou as pathetic. Most people just want him to be a badass killer but Shinkurou only wants to be peaceful mediator. He may have learn the Hōzuki-style martial arts but he only learn it to protect those he cares about. That's why he never uses the horn or the full might of the Hōzuki-style unless he has no choice coz if he did, he'll become a heartless monster just like the guy who works for the Akuu corp and is also Hōzuki-style practitioner. Unlike Shinkurou, the other guy was banished from the Hōzuki's dojo becoz he uses the martial arts to kill people without remorse. And this is why Shinkurou is considered a true successor of the Hōzuki-style as Shinkurou has a heart and doesn't let the power of the Hōzuki-style get into his head.
Old 2011-04-14, 09:09   Link #228
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't see Shinkurou as pathetic. Most people just want him to be a badass killer but Shinkurou only wants to be peaceful mediator. He may have learn the Hōzuki-style martial arts but he only learn it to protect those he cares about. That's why he never uses the horn or the full might of the Hōzuki-style unless he has no choice coz if he did, he'll become a heartless monster just like the guy who works for the Akuu corp and is also Hōzuki-style practitioner. Unlike Shinkurou, the other guy was banished from the Hōzuki's dojo becoz he uses the martial arts to kill people without remorse. And this is why Shinkurou is considered a true successor of the Hōzuki-style as Shinkurou has a heart and doesn't let the power of the Hōzuki-style get into his head.
He fails to use it though. Without loli power ups he would be long dead by now. And corpse is pretty useless if you ask me, even if he didnt let the power get into his head before death.

He should be strong even without loli-power ups to protect the ones he cares.

Say one day he doesn't get strong enough erection from his lolies, and then he will die or others who are close to will.

He is bit too pathetic right now.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-04-14 at 09:20.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:13   Link #229
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The problem with this argument is that Kurenai makes a pretty horrible mediator as well. They're supposed to resolve disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible, right? Yet every time he gets involved, things escalate into massive violence, often with him losing or him needing the help of everyone else to back him up. He can't do anything on his own. He chose a life of violence when he chose to follow in Benika's footsteps. She's got the power to back her up, though. Power doesn't make you a monster, it's how you use it. He doesn't have the strength needed for this job and if he really wants to keep things non-violent and still act as a mediator, he should become a psychiatrist instead. Otherwise, as long as he's like this, people he care about, like Lin, will keep dying around him and there's nothing even pedo-power can do about. The people he's up against are total monsters, as you said. That means if he wants to defeat them without killing them, he needs to be stronger than them. Otherwise, he'll keep on losing and watching others die while he sits there crying.

Who knows. Maybe the author's intent is that by the end of the series, Shinkurou realizes he doesn't have what it takes to be a mediator (when everyone else is dead) and he retires as the dojo head.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-04-14 at 09:31.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 06:35   Link #230
Tri-ring

Spoiler for Ch 41:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 15:49   Link #231
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 41 is out
Spoiler for ch41:
Old 2011-07-30, 20:14   Link #232
Xion Valkyrie

Moe sells, can't kill off all your moe's now can you? =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 23:39   Link #233
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Moe sells, can't kill off all your moe's now can you? =P
More like you can't kill off two of the most badass characters.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:06   Link #234
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 43:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 14:47   Link #235
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 43:
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 21:55   Link #236
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 41.5 was adorable.
Old 2012-02-11, 16:29   Link #237
Valky
Radioactive

We got trap now.
Old 2012-02-11, 22:06   Link #238
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I just wanna know if the manga is diverging from the LN with the new chap?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:19   Link #239
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
I just wanna know if the manga is diverging from the LN with the new chap?
With what stuopidget posted about the Guillotine part in the LN . Then it does diverge, because in ch 48...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 04:24   Link #240
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Chinese scans already have up to ch. 48.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen