AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-28, 03:00   Link #23401
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Sorry for the double post. But here goes nothing.

DECISIONS

Chapter 3 - Friends

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Spoiler for Author Notes:

Spoiler for Omake - What will she do?:

Edit: Page claim for RadiantBeam

Edit2: Big thanks again for Raiser for correcting things for me.

Last edited by sniperk; 2010-02-28 at 17:22. Reason: Omake
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 03:43   Link #23402
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

About the note... yeah, it did seem like Fate was OOC in that chapter, but not at the revelation about Vivio. Rather, it was at the scene where she was putting Nanoha to bed that seemed slightly off to me. Maybe its just for the life of me, I can't picture Fate calling anyone "Missy". I can see her being pushy when it comes to Nanoha, but I think her dialogue was maybe a bit unsuited to Fate in that scene.

On the other hand, Fate during the revelation seemed fine to me concerning her character.
Old 2010-02-28, 09:19   Link #23403
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Ah, was that yours? I suppose I'd better ask for your permission too, as I'm using the plotline that Hayate's the overseer of the NSIS for Crime Never Sleeps ...
You certainly have my permission (though I guess this means I should get around to reading it soon ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Yep. "The Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown" was the fic. Don't miss it, because it adds a lot to Chrono's characterization in the Shadows series, particularly if you're going to be using Auris as kind of a dark-side-of-the-mirror version of Chrono. My Chrono in "Shadows Fall," quite frankly, had too many sharp edges to him, and spawn rounded off both those edges and the character as a whole, while deepening his depiction and making him more of a natural development of his canon self. I'm a lot happier with the way I have Chrono in "The Shadows We Cast," and it's spawn's version of him that RadiantBeam and I have made into the NSIS director in the ViCia/Shadows stories. (Personally, I consider "The Deep Shadow..." to be an official part of the series.)
Yay! (Sharp edges = spikes of villainy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I've read all the Shadowsverse fics , but it's been a while, so the details of who came up with what blur in my mind a little . Sorry spawn!

One thing RB asked me that I didn't have an answer for was "Why was Chrono replaced by Auris as Director of the NSIS?". If anyone has an answer for that it'll be great , it wasn't essential for my story so I hand-waved that, but I must admit, I'm curious myself ...
Chrono could have burned himself out on it, causing A. Hayate, B. Amy, and possibly C. Fate and/or Nanoha to have a "I'm really worried about you and your work" conversation, and he recognized that he wasn't able to do it anymore and still be there for his family (extended, of course) and be honest to himself. When he stepped down, someone has to step up. My only weird thing is I'm not sure he'dve added Auris to the Shadows in the first place, but considering managerial moves are often just as much about "Hey, you managed Insert-Totally-Unrelated-Thing-Here, how about you manage this?" I don't think that's as difficult a question. Some big-wig clearly thought she was the lady for the job, consequences be damned.
Old 2010-02-28, 11:33   Link #23404
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Spoiler for Prologue; Depths of Isolation:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 12:30   Link #23405
Tabasco

Ok, darkness and grittiness turned up to 11 in this fic, I see...

So to make sure I have the intent correctly here, this is strictly a transplant of your own characters into the Nanoha universe rather than using the previously provided set? If so, it's your call, but I personally wonder why you would bother rather than put together a setting of your own to play in.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 13:14   Link #23406
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Ok, darkness and grittiness turned up to 11 in this fic, I see...

So to make sure I have the intent correctly here, this is strictly a transplant of your own characters into the Nanoha universe rather than using the previously provided set? If so, it's your call, but I personally wonder why you would bother rather than put together a setting of your own to play in.
This is a continuation of Wallachia Chronicles found here. It's a series of shorts that I begun writing last year and has evolved by itself.

As to why I don't make my own setting, it's because I established myself within this community two years ago and as such I have my readers and betas. I like the verse, but don't like the characters. Hence, I never use CCs (anymore) because I, for one, suck at keeping them IC, and two, they are basically high on drugs with constant pink roses on fluff with rainbows in a world where anything dark is toned down. There is no way I can utilize any of them for what I have in mind and as such do my own thing. (I have written original stuff but have a hard time to find a good community for them. I don't write often enough to "break through".)

It's a balance act. Oh and I love to write gore in otherwise fluffy settings.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 15:22   Link #23407
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
I just hope I wasn't the last drop in your decision to do this.
Don't worry, you weren't. It's a combination of reasons that led to me making this decision, so don't worry about it.
Old 2010-02-28, 17:11   Link #23408
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
Sorry for the double post. But here goes nothing.

DECISIONS

Chapter 3 - Friends

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Spoiler for Author Notes:

Spoiler for Omake - What will she do?:

Edit: Page claim for RadiantBeam
Corrected english in quote like last time. Three persistant things to point out is your use of short sentences, over use of commas, and the way you use 'till' when you should use 'until.'

Yeah, there are some issues with Fate in this chapter. She wouldn't so forcibly drag Nanoha to Shamal's office, and she wouldn't use such harsh wording. I think she'd give Nanoha puppy dog eyes until she gave in rather than push her there.

As for her reaction to the revelation, it's kinda mixed. Her eventually deciding its a good thing could be an interesting angle to explore. Perhaps the news was too much for her, so she's blocking out all the bad implications and focusing on the good? Otherwise I figure she'd be less happy about it and more depressed that Nanoha had gone through such a thing and Fate was completely unaware of it (much like Hayate's reaction).
Old 2010-02-28, 17:37   Link #23409
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Whew, finally finished this.. hopefully, if there are no major kinks to work out.

Recollections of a Lost Age

Chapter 6: Second Wind

Previous parts, along with my other fanfiction, can be found here.

Spoiler for Recollections of a Lost Age, Chapter 6: Second Wind:

Spoiler for Author's notes:

Now I can concentrate on just two fics, instead of three! Next Red Jewel Diaries chapter is "Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure." I'll be working on that, and Unexpected Expectations chapter 8, so no telling which will come out next.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 21:33   Link #23410
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
A quick shout out to each contributing author on this thread:

I'm a long time reader and lurker who just recently signed up to AS forums and I just wanted to drop by to say hello and thanks for continuing to write up these fics.

For the record: Not much of a big Nanoha fan since I only took a look at some of the manga and never watched any season. Only got into this because of some other fanfics that involved Nanoha, the strong comparisons between this series and Gundam which I like and the big fat TV Tropes Nanoha index which I found amusing enough.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 22:09   Link #23411
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Wow, I go away for a little while and the place just blows up, huh?

It'll take me weeks to break this backlog... =/

Altered Course is on indefinite hiatus while I continue to wrestle with my muses and make them actually give me good ideas. Fortunately, our resident Harem Mistress set loose a plotbunny upon me that is currently gnawing on my foot. Looks like everyone's borrowing the Shadows/NSIS setting these days...

Keep an eye out in the OC thread over the next few hours, and this one + my FF.net page over the next few days.
Old 2010-02-28, 22:27   Link #23412
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Altered Course is on indefinite hiatus while I continue to wrestle with my muses and make them actually give me good ideas.
I hope you win that fight soon! Well, take your time. If it's one thing I'm good at, it's waiting patiently!
Old 2010-03-01, 00:52   Link #23413
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I hope you win that fight soon! Well, take your time. If it's one thing I'm good at, it's waiting patiently!
That's one thing I'm trying to work on as I continue my fanfic. After looking over most of my chapters, I've decided to probably just try and write them out to the best of my abilities. Even if there isn't that many reviews for my other chapters...I'll still post the rest.

Although...one thing I've noticed is that the more chapters I add, the harder it becomes to write. (I plan to have a total of 26 chapters plus an epilogue).

Just wondering if that's true for most of you guys.
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 01:29   Link #23414
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaname08 View Post
That's one thing I'm trying to work on as I continue my fanfic. After looking over most of my chapters, I've decided to probably just try and write them out to the best of my abilities. Even if there isn't that many reviews for my other chapters...I'll still post the rest.

Although...one thing I've noticed is that the more chapters I add, the harder it becomes to write. (I plan to have a total of 26 chapters plus an epilogue).

Just wondering if that's true for most of you guys.
I understand the feeling. If you put a lot of effort into something, yet you get almost no reviews, it can be pretty demotivating. It feels like no one cares about your work so why bother continuing it?

But in the end you have to remind yourself of the purpose of your writing. For example, so far I have gotten no reviews for my new ViCia chapter. What could be the reason for this? Perhaps since there's no troll to defend me from, people are keeping silent. Perhaps it's so horrible that everyone felt it didn't even deserve to be bashed. Perhaps I turned everyone away by having Vivio ship Fate/Yuuno. Whatever the case may be, the sole purpose of the fic is to make RadiantBeam happy, so it doesn't matter so long as she likes it. She says she does, so its serving its purpose, thus there's no reason to pull the plug on it.

So if the purpose of your story is for you to have fun, if you're having fun don't stop, even if you're the only one who is having fun.
Old 2010-03-01, 01:51   Link #23415
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

New fic's main character profile is up in OCT, if anyone's interested in taking a peek.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:18   Link #23416
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Looks like everyone's borrowing the Shadows/NSIS setting these days...
Do note that I completely and wholeheartedly approve of this.
Old 2010-03-01, 12:54   Link #23417
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

More converts for the cult of ViCia!
Old 2010-03-01, 13:35   Link #23418
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5 AlternativeS 6 AlternativeS 7

Spoiler for 8-1 to 8-6:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-7:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-8:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-9:

On this note, AlternativeS is completely finished. I have the rest of chapter 8 and all of chapter 9 in a wordpad at home. I'll post them tonight when I get home :3 Sorry for this story taking so long! ^_^

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-03-01 at 16:07.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 13:44   Link #23419
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, uh, I read and re-read that section, and it seems Fate still has Strada on her. Is that intentional?
Old 2010-03-01, 13:45   Link #23420
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
On this note, AlternativeS is completely finished. I have the rest of chapter 8 and all of chapter 9 in a wordpad at home. I'll post them tonight when I get home :3 Sorry for this story taking so long! ^_^
I haz new theory! AltS!Alicia = AltS!Fate with Amnesia!

*cackles*

and Satashi, the wait is always worth it for your fics.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha