Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-21, 05:02   Link #21
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
looks cool, i hope their are more dialogues in it like chapter 444
and btw Bleach is gone on the big 3? look at the image below Toriko is part of the big 3 now lol
In terms of sales, Bleach is still confortable in the third position.

However, in terms of ratings (WSJ has a rating poll system. Every week, the readers rate the mangas), Bleach ranks now clearly behind Bakuman, Gintama and Toriko.
Even titles like Beelzebub or Sket Dance are starting to get rated above Bleach.

Also, Toriko has a anime that just started and Shueisha is doing a lot of promotion for it. It doesn't mean Toriko is that big yet. Shueisha is still trying to convert the good ratings into good sales.
Old 2011-04-21, 05:13   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
How come I saw a lot of content, and think there is a lot say?
I have no idea. Really there's been extremely little content in each Bleach chapter for years and years now compared to other manga such as Naruto. What other manga do you read besides this?
Old 2011-04-21, 10:50   Link #23
Alchemist007
*Author

If Bleach didn't end in a proper cliffhanger now, I'd wonder whether the last page got cut off or something
Old 2011-04-21, 12:52   Link #24
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I guess it could cut through anything, but another fullbring ---if the person is powerful enough. It's been a rule in Bleach that someone with equal or greater power than yourself can stop an attack
But it has just been shown in the same chapter that Ichigo doesn't have equal or greater power so it still doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Hasn't he always done that?

He got a bankai in 3 arguably 2 days?
He used Shunpo before it was ever named, and without knowing what it was and how he did it, when fighting Sora (Orihime's brother)

Ichigo has always been able to do the seemingly impossible, and fast since the beginning of Bleach.

Did you really just notice this canon ability of his? Or did it always bother you, but you're only being vocal about it now? I'm just wondering... because it's nothing new. (No sarcasm intended either)
Before at least Kubo tried to give an explanation such as Kisuke's device, now it seems like he doesn't even bother also it is quite different because Ichigo didn't even know what fullbring was until a few days ago. With his Bankai though he had previous experience with his shikai, the set up with Zangetsu and the Kenpachi fight with talking to your sword.

There was none of that, Ichigo finds out what fullbring is and boom he's doing it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2011-04-21, 13:20   Link #25
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

To be fair, what Ichigo did there, fullbringing the concrete and air is probably not all that different than shunpo, and Tsukushima did say that his Fullbring was incomplete.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-04-21, 14:09   Link #26
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Ahhh another smug ass villain, surely his fullbring plants illusion and decent into his opponents. I have a feeling no one from soul society is gonna show up for a long time, I think I may pull a naruto and let chapters build up till I can blow through this arc in a day or two.
Old 2011-04-21, 14:41   Link #27
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
To be fair, what Ichigo did there, fullbringing the concrete and air is probably not all that different than shunpo, and Tsukushima did say that his Fullbring was incomplete.
I was goign to say the same thing, fullbringing the air looked like the Shinigami just standing in the air. I am a little miffed he gets this far int he span of three comics but at least SOMETHING is happening now.
Old 2011-04-21, 15:47   Link #28
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
My point is though he could barely do it with his shinigami badge and now he is fullbringing concrete and the air continuously without no show of effort on his part, in his Bankai and even his Vaizard training he at least looked like he was trying.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2011-04-22, 00:33   Link #29
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
My point is though he could barely do it with his shinigami badge and now he is fullbringing concrete and the air continuously without no show of effort on his part, in his Bankai and even his Vaizard training he at least looked like he was trying.
i agree. there was too much improvement in just a few chapters. i think it's about time that ichigo finally shows some but to have him do all those things after finally getting his clad form fullbring is a bit much. when he finally got his mask he could only use it for a few minutes and he was still struggling with it. not to mention that he supposedly trained with the vizards for a month to get that far. i doubt ichigo has been training with the fullbringers with more than just a couple of weeks. how long has it been really?

maybe kubo is starting to feel the pressure from his editors. bleach is not as strong in the polls as it used to be. the sales are going down too, at least that's what i heard.

Quote:
It's only been 21 chapters since the arc began. It's still relatively early considering Kubo had to introduce, new characters, and abilities as well as develop the preexisting characters that are relevant to this arc

SS arc took 52 chapters before it began...
before ss arc started we had the substitute shinigami arc and in that arc we got to see how ichigo became a shinigami, his duties, his growing powers and such. during that arc we were also introduced to other characters that would play big roles in the series like ichigo's friends, etc. when you're starting a series those things are essential. so it's normal to take that long to establish a series before going into the good stuff so to speak. but even so, bleach wasn't this dragging, the first two arcs of the series were exciting, things happened in almost every chapter and we saw how ichigo improved with each fight. his growth may have been phenomenal but it didn't happen just like that. it only showed that he's a natural and later we found out why. of course he's a natural! he's the son of a shinigami, after all.

but this fullbring arc is not the beginning of the series, it's just like any other arc following the first one, only in this one ichigo has no powers. we all know that this arc would show us how he will get them back but it's taking far too long. just compare it with the vizard arc, the vizards were introduced, they took in ichigo and trained him for a month. the build up was not done badly in my opinion since the vizards were intriguing and their presence was a possible explanation for what ichigo was going through. we had no idea what hollowfication was all about and they gave us that. but before the term hollowfication was ever introduced, we saw hints of that already even in the earlier arcs. ichigo gained that mask when he tried to recover his shinigami powers, and his hollow side came out when he fought byakuya. we know that it's a part of him since then.

but ichigo never showed fullbringing abilities before this arc. the ones who did were chad and inoue. that to me is still a mystery and honestly, it feels a little farfetched. how did he gain those abilities? why didn't we get any hints of it before? it seems like something kubo whipped up without much thought. i'm curious on how he will justify ichigo's fullbring. that's why i don't find these fullbringers as interesting as the vizards. right now, what they have to offer is nothing more than ichigo gaining back his powers. unlike with the vizards, they gave us the explanation for ichigo's hollow and how he could wield it.

Quote:
I have no idea. Really there's been extremely little content in each Bleach chapter for years and years now compared to other manga such as Naruto. What other manga do you read besides this?
i have to agree with this too. i actually counted the amount of time i read a single bleach chapter and a naruto chapter for comparison. it usually takes me half the time to read one bleach chapter compared to when i read a naruto chapter. even shorter when kubo does his super huge panels just to show a drawing of a single character. it's disturbing.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-04-22 at 00:43.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:45   Link #30
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

recycled plot,powers and inkspills, exactly the same as last year only change is there wasnt an annoying b***h screaming "KUROSAKI-KUN!"
also if golden week is next week than that means this time last year i started reading the bleach discusions here on animesuki.
(yes i was stalking you all for months before i joined )

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-04-22, 13:47   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
(yes i was stalking you all for months before i joined )
Can't exactly argue with that since i did that myself before joining.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:36   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Ahhh another smug ass villain, surely his fullbring plants illusion and decent into his opponents. I have a feeling no one from soul society is gonna show up for a long time, I think I may pull a naruto and let chapters build up till I can blow through this arc in a day or two.
Ahhh someone else thinking the same thing, I knew the guy would be some smug ass asshole but when I finally seen him in a fight it really hit home and how much I've come to think "meh whatever dude" to smug ass assholes.
You know somewhere down the line, he's gonna get his ass handed to himself.

But then pretty much ever single enemy in Bleach has been a smug ass ass, most series change it up or plant the image that you know the guy being smug has reason to be.

This Tsukushima dude is on the whole, another rather unimaginative character.

Bring us some of the SS gang now!
Old 2011-04-23, 10:35   Link #33
kitten320

Wow... so many days passed and here are barely any disscussion going on... just 2 pages!

Bleach really fell low...
Old 2011-04-23, 11:57   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

I put my efforts into parodies these days. Beats talking about a few seconds of action over and over.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-23, 14:49   Link #35
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Wow... so many days passed and here are barely any disscussion going on... just 2 pages!

Bleach really fell low...
Is it just me? I feel that bleach is picking up lately. I'm glad the talking and explanations are over and things are starting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I put my efforts into parodies these days. Beats talking about a few seconds of action over and over.
Spoiler:
Aw man, haven't been on here for months but still not letting me rep you. You must've been one of the last people I repped. Kudos though, made me laugh
Old 2011-04-23, 15:16   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

I've been making one for almost every chapter after a certain point in this arc, I've got them all on Devart (siglink).
Old 2011-04-23, 15:27   Link #37
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

cookies and llamas are all you need to survive

Old 2011-04-23, 15:51   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

I remember the first one I got, my reaction: What the hell is this?!

I just got my 14th and my reaction: What the hell is this?!
Old 2011-04-23, 18:28   Link #39
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

wow. i havent even been there on dA for 10 months and ive got 87 and cake! youve been there for 5 years! if i had points ide give you some.

Old 2011-04-23, 18:30   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually, I didn't submit 90% of my work until starting late last year. I simply had the account made 5 years ago and never went back for a longass time (I think I made it because my friend did, lol). Considering the offtopicness of this, I'll conclude with: I don't care about llama badges, but they are funny to see.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2011-04-23 at 18:47.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion