AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 15:04   Link #4941
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I love Nam (Vackiry) Genderswapped Champions.
My Personal Favourite is Xerath and Renek and Rengar :D

-imagery redacted-
Well done, even if I'd expected Vel'Koz to have a lab coat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If it means they finally actually do something positive with the lore, then I'm for this change.
Agreed; properly-handled backstory is always welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Same reason they go to watch any other sport; because they enjoy watching it. It's pretty damn simple.
Yes, it is; and yes, the above is .sig-worthy.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:21   Link #4942
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Who knows, Dark Passage just may take this world championship. To put all of us to shame
Old 2014-09-14, 08:22   Link #4943
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for The truth behind Scrying Orb:
Old 2014-09-15, 09:36   Link #4944
Eragon
Still Alive

Credit - SkyeExcalibur on deviantART
Old 2014-09-15, 09:41   Link #4945
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This more than makes up for the floods of cringworthy Riven art from other people. Thank you, kind sir.
Old 2014-09-15, 10:44   Link #4946
Bogart
Banned

ZacxRiven OTP
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 06:48   Link #4947
Kreceir

Well to be honest, I wouldn't say Cring Worthy fan art, but its rather weird to look at specially if ya don't like that kind of fanart.
But I can see what you mean.
Talking about Riven, Kinda wish there was some Championship Riven skin fanart, kinda on of my favourites, and most proud of skin that I bought.

Old 2014-09-16, 07:12   Link #4948
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
ZacxRiven OTP
Pffff, that title actually belongs to Shyvana and Jarvan. : D

also... cringe worthy Riven art? you mean the ecchi stuff? because I haven't seen any Cringe Worthy yet... wish Shyvana got half the amount these skantly cladded ladies get. Sadly Shyvana is struck with the Soul Calibur Hildegard disease.
Old 2014-09-16, 07:21   Link #4949
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Pffff, that title actually belongs to Shyvana and Jarvan. : D

also... cringe worthy Riven art? you mean the ecchi stuff? because I haven't seen any Cringe Worthy yet... wish Shyvana got half the amount these skantly cladded ladies get. Sadly Shyvana is struck with the Soul Calibur Hildegard disease.
Ah my favourite dragon lady, its kinda sad you don't see a lot of fan art for her.
I kinda expected to see more fan art of her after her new skin.

Old 2014-09-16, 07:27   Link #4950
Eragon
Still Alive

Well, now that she is just as skimpily clad in her new splash art as those other female champions maybe she'll see more fanart.

And, bunny skin/fanart = cringe worthy.

In the meantime,

Spoiler for Shyvana:
Old 2014-09-16, 14:48   Link #4951
Kreceir

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wowwowoow

That Sivir close up, absolute beautiful.

And then Shurima.... damn
Old 2014-09-16, 15:25   Link #4952
Asuras
Dictadere~!

That's a lot of sand soldiers.
Old 2014-09-16, 15:58   Link #4953
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Now watch as we never hear from Shurima again and instead focus on another "story".

I feel like the repercussions of awakening the might of Shurima, with their massive armies and powerful magiks will amount to diddly squat in any other story that the narrative will come up with.

I'm sorry but I'm going to play pessimistic here. Its a nice story, but ultimately it does the exact same thing as the previous lore, just flashier. So we learn about Sivir and Azir's 'origins', along with Cass, Renekton, Xerath and Nasus. Just like the old lore but animated. There is no improvement except for graphics.

On other news:

SK Svenskeren goes ahead and ruin's SK's chances for world. God darn it I thought it was going to be their moment and get out of groups, but noooo one of the teammates HAD to have a mind of a 12 year-old.

I feel so bad for Nrated and Candypanda and the rest of the team.

P.S. JarvanxShyvana is best royalty.

Last edited by Mach56gs; 2014-09-16 at 16:41.
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 17:11   Link #4954
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I honestly have to agree with you there. Ultimately this new "lore" seems a bit half-assed... just as apathetically produced and installed as everything before it. Perhaps it will eventually integrate itself into the whole of Runeterran events (and changes that occur later!), but if it doesn't... well then nothing has changed and Riot has failed in practicing what they recently preached.
Old 2014-09-16, 17:48   Link #4955
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I honestly have to agree with you there. Ultimately this new "lore" seems a bit half-assed... just as apathetically produced and installed as everything before it. Perhaps it will eventually integrate itself into the whole of Runeterran events (and changes that occur later!), but if it doesn't... well then nothing has changed and Riot has failed in practicing what they recently preached.
I'm trying to be fair, I could see stuff happen, but...

This is so exclusive. This isn't some global runeterra, its us looking at Shurima, and then we're going to look at some other country and look at its champions. Great we get to see Galio talk about Demacia. Big woop.

There is no mixing, there is no international conflict, there is no "global" vibe which they said they would convey. Literally all they needed to do was have the speaker be someone from Ionia or Gangplank and then you could see that other champions are "up to date" with what has happened in Shurima.

But so far, I'm not too impressed.
Old 2014-09-16, 18:22   Link #4956
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post

On other news:

SK Svenskeren goes ahead and ruin's SK's chances for world. God darn it I thought it was going to be their moment and get out of groups, but noooo one of the teammates HAD to have a mind of a 12 year-old.

I feel so bad for Nrated and Candypanda and the rest of the team.

... What the fuck is this guy thinking about making that kind of name, in a different country.

I already saw an other screenshot that was way too offensive,
Seriously Riot should have Banned him already, just like they did with IwillDominate.
Old 2014-09-16, 18:41   Link #4957
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
... What the fuck is this guy thinking about making that kind of name, in a different country.

I already saw an other screenshot that was way too offensive,
Seriously Riot should have Banned him already, just like they did with IwillDominate.
I'm an SK fan and I agree. I don't know if its during worlds or after, but there has to be some sort of punishment, period.

I'm completely saddened. I was soooo hyped for SK's chances at worlds and this killed my enthusiasm.
Old 2014-09-16, 18:42   Link #4958
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As for SK - Svenskeren had better get a bigger timeout than IWillDominate did. Might send messages to his fellow bigots. Considering the former Lemondogs and other players are just like him.

No offense to SK fans but I hope TSM and TPA beat them into the ground now. Starhorn obviously will.

As for the lore - give it a bit of time. Freljord hasn't lost steam. Braum was perhaps the most solid addition of new champs this year. The Howling Abyss is still played by many. Lissandra is being practiced by many of the mid laner pros that are in boot camp in Korea, so expect to see her played at worlds.

Sivir's character has always been lamented, but now she actually feels relevant. Improved normal skin and splash art, some relevant story, links to other champions. Shurima Princess/Queen Sivir skin would be nice.

And remember - that 'other' MOBA never even tried to do lore. And World of Warcraft has permanently ruined everything they ever did with Warlords of Draenor. There are far worse out there.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-09-16 at 18:56.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 18:50   Link #4959
Kreceir

"We want to apologise as an organisation to anyone who felt or feels offended by the actions of Svenskeren."

"Even though we understand Svenskerens actions today were not meant to harm or disrespect anyone"

I'm sorry but, what the fuck is this.
This is their apology?

Bull fucking shit, he fucking knew he had an name that was offensive.
''Oh we are sorry, we just wanna play worlds''

He even said to an local fan ''Does this name offend you?'' meanwhile the fan was excited that he was chatting with a guy he liked in the LCS.

I'm a Asian, and the many time I got Teased/Bullied with ''Ching Chang Chong I ur speaking your Language'' Is too many fucking times.
Sorry for my vulgar language, but this just makes me mad.

No offense to the SK fans, but I expect to hear some Booing when they go on stage.

this is the one I was talking about earlier, the moment I personally disliked him.
NSFW
Offensive Language
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kreceir; 2014-09-16 at 19:04.
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 19:17   Link #4960
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Yeah that poor guy went onto Taipei's forums and thought that everything was cool. Completely unaware of what Sven had done. Poor dude, what an infringement of trust between pro and fan.

IWillDominate was really bad, I think that the same treatment would be just fine. IWD seems really cool now and I'm kinda a fan for Curse now because of their roster, included.

I hope Svenskeren can learn from example.

I'll still be rooting for SK, but only for Jesiz, Candypanda and Nrated. I'm fine with the people who want them stomped, you guys definitely have a right to that x|

Tags
league of legends, lol