AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-03-11, 12:38   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
And so, this is IMO the moment Luffy inherits the will of Joy Boy, caused through the awakening of the Gomu Gomu no Mi.
Luffy has always had the will of Joy Boy. It's just that he's now manifesting himself as the next Joy Boy through the awakening of his DF. And unlike his predecessors, he's at the right place with the right time in going about changing the world.
Old 2022-03-11, 12:46   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
Luffy clearly *was* dead, and then his heart restarted making a "nika" sound, and his hand twitched. He's not dead anymore.
The Nika sound is Joyboy grinning. It might even be his laugh sound like how different characters have unique laughs

Just thinking about the times Luffy almost died with a grin on his face. If death is what releases his Awakening and makes him Joyboy then the smile would be that inner Joyboy spirit looking forward to being released. And if death is the key, then the WG really screwed up by forcing Luffy's death. They should have attacked Kaido instead
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-11, 12:47   Link #43
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy has always had the will of Joy Boy. It's just that he's now manifesting himself as the next Joy Boy through the awakening of his DF. And unlike his predecessors, he's at the right place with the right time in going about changing the world.
Though if he's told about Joy Boy I know Luffy will reject the idea. To him this adventure is not worth it if everything is handed to him in a silver plater.

That's why it will be interesting to see what will happen in the coming chapters.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-11, 17:18   Link #44
cyberdemon

If his awakening is turning his body to latex, that is too op. He could essentially liquify wounds and solidify them to fix his body. It essentially takes every weakness of his devil fruit and nullifies them. Kinda like his paramecia became a logia

My guess on the exact nature of it is that super heating his body, his body was still steaming at the end, allows it to liquify into latex which causes a healing effect that fixes his body.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-03-11 at 17:41.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 16:28   Link #45
rladls2121

I just hope the CP0 guy crushed by Kaido is still living just to see what Luffy has become. I don't think he can RIP in death if he finds out Luffy is suddenly "revived".

I feel bad for Law and Kid as Kaido's pirate crews immediately discredits them after Big Mom is beaten, but Kaido is still all well. Though Luffy being down right now wasn't fair, in this chapter I feel Big Mom is underwhelming.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-13, 22:18   Link #46
BPD Renegade

I thought the white vapor spiraling out of Luffy's mouth was his soul, so Zunesha's claim that "he is here" and that Joy Boy has returned makes it seem like Luffy's body has been possessed.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-14, 00:50   Link #47
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
If his awakening is turning his body to latex, that is too op. He could essentially liquify wounds and solidify them to fix his body. It essentially takes every weakness of his devil fruit and nullifies them. Kinda like his paramecia became a logia

My guess on the exact nature of it is that super heating his body, his body was still steaming at the end, allows it to liquify into latex which causes a healing effect that fixes his body.
Sounds like it’s almost as effective as eating meat
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 19:39   Link #48
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I just hope the CP0 guy crushed by Kaido is still living just to see what Luffy has become. I don't think he can RIP in death if he finds out Luffy is suddenly "revived".

I feel bad for Law and Kid as Kaido's pirate crews immediately discredits them after Big Mom is beaten, but Kaido is still all well. Though Luffy being down right now wasn't fair, in this chapter I feel Big Mom is underwhelming.
Even the masked guy who has just been defeated by... iirc Izo already backs up. So I think he may also survive.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-16, 08:32   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Even the masked guy who has just been defeated by... iirc Izo already backs up. So I think he may also survive.
That's a different guy. There are three of them in Onigashima.
Old 2022-03-16, 16:51   Link #50
itachi-san314

Cool scene from a while back of the 3 members
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 01:25   Link #51
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's a different guy. There are three of them in Onigashima.
So there are three CP-0 present on Onigashima?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 14:29   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
So there are three CP-0 present on Onigashima?
Yes, that is correct.

And supposedly these masked members are amongst the elites of the organization, according to Nico Robin. Considering their reputation and status, their performance thus far has left much to be desired. The World Government looks weak when their top assassination / espionage organization can't put a fight against strong adversaries. I expected more out of them. If the Yonkou ever unified their forces, the WG would cease to exist.
Old 2022-03-19, 03:19   Link #53
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Well it was a great chapter for sure .. I wonder if Luffy's fruit is a stretch stretch fruit .. it's awakening might stretch time, people's hopes, poeple's power, etc

I am sure Oda will do something great as usual
Mazkoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-20, 04:11   Link #54
Kaz_

With Zunesha being a suspiciously Hindu-related being, I guess this is going to be an avatar/vessel kinda thing. Eventually Im expecting the main story of One Piece to be some kind of altered Atlantis theme. Maybe an advanced civilization created avatar bodies to resurrect later?
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-20, 04:29   Link #55
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If the Yonkou ever unified their forces, the WG would cease to exist.
My understanding is, pre-Supernova, the power balance was like this:

The reason for the Shichibukai/7 Warlords to exist was because they helped maintain the status quo. Although the Yonkou themselves had a pseudo-agreement, it was at least heavily implied that the Yonkou COULD take out the WG, if they so chose- though I suspect that would be a case of all four uniting- a truly terrifying prospect for the WG. So, the Shichibukai existed to help the WG should even one of the Yonkou decide to break the status quo.

And now that we have the Supernovas/Worst generation in the mix... well, it's really hard to say what form the balance of power will take. Especially considering that two of the Yonkou are going to be MASSIVELY reduced in power after Wano.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 08:51   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Summoning marvel!

Spoilers are out, and they're BIG NEWS!