AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 18:51   Link #541
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

......in-universe one of their own paid a quick trip to Earth, saw Kamen Rider.......

I LAUGHED the moment I saw this.
Old 2010-09-29, 20:27   Link #542
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
...VC/CoD, or VC/MoH? I can't tell - haven't really played either series.

Now, VC/BF42 would be interesting. XD
It's a crossover with CoD2; the above is a short ripoff of the Tobruk setpiece, in which Sgt. John Davis is nearly killed by a scout car, and where Captain Price captures it through badassery and a righteous mustache, and where MacGregor's bad driving is evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
......in-universe one of their own paid a quick trip to Earth, saw Kamen Rider.......

I LAUGHED the moment I saw this.
The charecter who's hooked on Kamen Rider gets a fair amount of ribbing from his fellows

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 12:46   Link #543
Snowman24

New chapter up for "Just My Luck"

This one is SO much more easier to update than Adventures in War... There's so many variables and possiilites that could happen for the next, single chapter

-Should Aika come back, shouldn't she?
-should Vyse fight Selvaria again, or not?
-Should anyone die, everyone live?
-And then theres the dozens up possibilites that could happen with Selvaria and the battle itself...

The whole thing makes my head spin, because so much could happen, that I can't think of what to do... that's why it's been delayed so long. While Just My Luck is barreling on ahead :P Being an Author ain't easy but it sure is rewarding
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 14:43   Link #544
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
New chapter up for "Just My Luck"

This one is SO much more easier to update than Adventures in War... There's so many variables and possiilites that could happen for the next, single chapter

-Should Aika come back, shouldn't she?
-should Vyse fight Selvaria again, or not?
-Should anyone die, everyone live?
-And then theres the dozens up possibilites that could happen with Selvaria and the battle itself...

The whole thing makes my head spin, because so much could happen, that I can't think of what to do... that's why it's been delayed so long. While Just My Luck is barreling on ahead :P Being an Author ain't easy but it sure is rewarding
Spoiler for Spoilers relating to Adventures in War:
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:05   Link #545
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers relating to Adventures in War:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2010-10-17, 22:28   Link #546
Snowman24

Has sort of a writers challenge, for myself. Can anyone suggest another possible one-shot fanfic I could write? Suggest a character and a situation, and I'll see if I can cook something up. Maybe if I get my creative juices flowing for this, it'll help me with my current writers block for Adventures in War and Just my Luck
Old 2010-10-18, 00:04   Link #547
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Write about a character hardly ANYONE writes about. I've never seen anything written from Nils' point-of-view, so that might be interesting.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 00:41   Link #548
DC20

^ It has to be from Nils' POV. He was on patrol one night and got separated from the rest of the Squad, and has to sneak through enemy lines in order to survive the night. The only other people with him are Cherry, Ramona, and Dorothy. It's Cherry's birthday, Dorothy sprained her ankle, and Ramona is on her period. Nils is also addicted to cigarettes, but he lost his lighter in the scramble when they got separated. The three girls lost their entire packs, and between all of them they have one Anti-Tank round, four rifle magazines (two of which are only half full), and two Mags magazines. It's raining, and the area they're in is slick with mud.

How (if) they get back, my good man, is up to you.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 01:13   Link #549
Runty

Maybe you could try something using VC2 as a source? There's got to be a few good characters in that one that are worth writing about.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 01:57   Link #550
DC20

No, not really.

Ok, ok. From Salinas' POV - Freesia finds a love letter addressed to him and accuses him of sleeping around on her (which, of course, he is). In order to keep her from stealing a handgun from the armory and shooting him (which it seems she's likely to do), he has to convince Hermes to explain to her that he wrote the letter and sent it to Salinas so that he could proof read it for him and ensure that it was quality enough to get his wingman laid. However, Hermes isn't going to do it for free, and in order to get the guy to play along Salinas really DOES have to hook him up. All the while Freesia is trying to pretty much kill him, so they have to avoid her and the Squad Cougar (Yoko), who wants Salinas' nuts. At one point or another Musaad has to quote some Oingo Boingo lyrics.

How (if) he manages, my good man, is up to you.

Last edited by DC20; 2010-10-18 at 03:30.
Old 2010-10-18, 03:20   Link #551
Snowman24

Already 1,000 words into DC20's first request, it's likely to be as long as my Isara One-hitter, maybe slightly longer. The 2nd one sounds hella funny... I just might do it.

Also, to do the VC2 fics, which I most likely will in the future... I'd first have to play the game and beat it with every character. Sadly, still don't have a PSP or the game, it's hard to find.

PSPs here are still $200 CAN, lot of money for just 1 game I'd like to play. I will admit, I've been hearing some pretty funny stuff. How laundry magically gets done at the academy overnight, a stalker girl... really? I still dunno about Magari or... whats her name, the Darcsen girl with the glasses... Mishlitt or something.
Old 2010-10-18, 04:06   Link #552
DC20

Oh man, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl on rock! You're the best, Snowman!
Old 2010-10-18, 06:30   Link #553
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's my suggestion.
A oneshot love story between Cezary and Nadine about how Cezary started as a jerk but grew to respect and later fall in love with Nadine at the end of the war.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:44   Link #554
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

If I may try to get Firefly back here, I've been thinking about returning to my VC/Red Alert 1 crossover wherein the Soviets have one; they're now dealing with the Rebels, and I expect the revolution to be brought to a swift end (the Soviets have almost complete air dominance, save for Federation airships). However, I've detailed that in the past; this post is delving further into Gallia's new mustachioed dictator, Marchenko.

Spoiler for S.A. Marchenko:

Thoughts?
Old 2010-10-20, 13:09   Link #555
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wouldn't Kane just manipulate the Combine for his own purposes? Kane is not a man who takes orders from a higher power. Kane is the higher power.
Old 2010-10-28, 00:46   Link #556
Beri270T3

Any y'all have an idea as to the species of plants, trees, and ecosystems of Europe? Or where I may be able to look? At least the non-taiga/boreal type. I mean the area of the Ardennes region and the ancient forest which it used to be a part of specifically.

For a person not from Europe I have little understanding of the biology of your plants species though I could hazard a guess as to the interactions side based on what I understand of forestry. It would be a little out of place if I put Norwegian Spruce or Mugo Pine, types of alder and oaks in questionable locations. Sort of like what they did with Leontopodium.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 10:49   Link #557
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

I figure Europa would be fairly similiar to RL Europe in terms of what lives there, with any changes being fairly subtle.

---

RIse and, shINE, Miss oh-HA-rah...
Old 2010-11-04, 18:50   Link #558
Snowman24

little update; I apologize about my recent lack of chapters for ALL my stories. Truth is, far TOO many good games have come out for PS3 and Xbox360 and I own both consoles.

Been playing alot of fallout new vegas, Fable 3, Dead Rising 2 and a few others.

But I am further into my Nils Daerden fanfic one-hit, I expect that one to be up before the weekend...hopefully.

I am also working on a Leon the mechanic one-hit fanfic. This one includes him test flying the 'Isara' prototype plane, encountering some mechanical and weather problems, thus getting lost and crash landing on some distant, remote island, far off Gallia's coast. Kind of a Castaway type story. The crash gives him a very bad case of Amnesia, thankfully, he had a co-pilot with him and the two work to survive being stranded on an island and dealing with the problems of survival, food gathering and eventually... turning on one another after being stranded for so long.

Maybe I'll take a day away from gaming to write this Leon fanfic.
Old 2010-11-04, 23:45   Link #559
Beri270T3

Brrh... sounds chilling. Especially if it's a northern latitude. If you were in the RCAC, or reading up on the 7 enemies of survival will help with developing problems Snow.

1. Pain
2. Cold
3. Thirst
4. Hunger
5. Fatigue
6. Boredom & Loneliness
7. Fear
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 11:05   Link #560
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
Brrh... sounds chilling. Especially if it's a northern latitude. If you were in the RCAC, or reading up on the 7 enemies of survival will help with developing problems Snow.

1. Pain
2. Cold
3. Thirst
4. Hunger
5. Fatigue
6. Boredom & Loneliness
7. Fear
RCAC? As in Royal Canadian Air Cadets? :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction