Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-20, 16:35   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The reason I liked Aqua was because she the only competent member in her trio. Terra obviously made a mess everywhere he went, and Ventus could barely deal with Vanitas.

She was essentially the only true hero of the bunch and didn't deserve being trapped in the dark world.
Being trapped there tho let her escape aging and becoming evil or something. Kingdom Heart stuff. XD
Old 2015-09-20, 21:36   Link #22
Akashin

Quote:
The reason I liked Aqua was because she the only competent member in her trio. Terra obviously made a mess everywhere he went, and Ventus could barely deal with Vanitas.

She was essentially the only true hero of the bunch and didn't deserve being trapped in the dark world.
Ventus did just fine seeing as he was a couple years younger and relatively less trained than the other two. And poor decision making regarding Xehanort aside, how exactly was Terra incompetent?

Don't get me wrong, Aqua is my favorite too. But I don't see how she's the only competent one among them.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 22:02   Link #23
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Terra was just desperate to prove himself as a Master and was taken in by those who claimed they could help him, it took Eraqus being struck down to wisen him up.
Old 2015-09-20, 22:45   Link #24
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

you know if aqua didn't do stupid shit like saving terranort from falling to that heartless world, this whole mess won't happen. there won't be any ansem and xemnas since terranort is trapped lol
Old 2015-09-21, 05:34   Link #25
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
you know if aqua didn't do stupid shit like saving terranort from falling to that heartless world, this whole mess won't happen. there won't be any ansem and xemnas since terranort is trapped lol
Seeing as Terranort, unlike Aqua, has access to Corridors of Darkness, no he would not have been trapped as she was. The only difference is that he wouldn't have become one of Ansem's apprentices, and so we probably wouldn't have gotten Axel, Saix, etc.

And are we really going to call wanting to save your friend stupid on her end? Seriously?
Old 2015-09-21, 08:19   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Seeing as Terranort, unlike Aqua, has access to Corridors of Darkness, no he would not have been trapped as she was. The only difference is that he wouldn't have become one of Ansem's apprentices, and so we probably wouldn't have gotten Axel, Saix, etc.

And are we really going to call wanting to save your friend stupid on her end? Seriously?
Yea I'm not so sure he knows what he's talking about.
Old 2015-09-21, 10:16   Link #27
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Ventus did just fine seeing as he was a couple years younger and relatively less trained than the other two. And poor decision making regarding Xehanort aside, how exactly was Terra incompetent?
Remember the Sleeping Beauty world? Where Maleficent tricked him into thinking he took Aurora's heart, and then he just left her there and went for the next world?

It's not just Xehanort where Terra was hopelessly gullible. He was tricked by other Disney villains on multiple occasions.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 15:21   Link #28
Akashin

Quote:
Remember the Sleeping Beauty world? Where Maleficent tricked him into thinking he took Aurora's heart, and then he just left her there and went for the next world?

It's not just Xehanort where Terra was hopelessly gullible. He was tricked by other Disney villains on multiple occasions.
Fair enough, but even then, hopelessly gullible (which is roughly what I meant to begin with; you put it better than I did, and I shouldn't have singled out his poor decisions regarding Xehanort) and incompetent are two wholly different things.

Why he didn't turn around and try to right this is anybody's guess, though.
Old 2015-09-21, 16:50   Link #29
Galaxian

Terra screwed up a lot, but Eraques and his (mistaken) black-and-white view of Light and Darkness did not help at all.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 00:01   Link #30
Wandering Soul

Terra made his mistakes but Eraqus and Aqua didn't make things any better with their communication issues.

Honestly a lot of grief could have been prevented if the cast just sat down, had some tea, and talked things out for 5 minutes.
Old 2015-09-22, 01:18   Link #31
rladls2121

I wonder if outcome would have been changed if Mickey met Terra, and Yen Sid done something more?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 09:43   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All of BBS was a rushed chase to the ends of the world. The three young keyblade bearers are both strong and good, but they're still young. Eraqus is at fault for completely shutting out the power of darkness and not helping Xehanort before he was consumed by it...

Other than that, it was a LOT of bad timing and misunderstandings - but we wouldn't have a story to play through otherwise!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 08:45   Link #33
MCAL

The Final Trailer.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And unsurprisingly, we won't have any KH 3 news until this winter.

EDIT:
And the Japanese trailer for those who are interested.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And I think one of those guild masters is played by Kana Hana.

Last edited by MCAL; 2016-06-08 at 15:17.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 16:29   Link #34
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
The first of the two black coats to speak sounds like Sugita.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 16:36   Link #35
Galaxian

The BBS portion looks amazing, it makes the wait for KH3 even more difficult. lol

Really curious about the Back Cover portion after seeing this trailer.
Old 2016-06-08, 17:50   Link #36
Wandering Soul

Back cover part looks interesting. Seems like it covers the events leading up to the KeyBlade war.

The BBS section looks cool as always.
Old 2016-06-08, 18:09   Link #37
sayde

The BBS section makes me wanna call it KH3: Ground Zeroes. It's clearly meant to give us a taste of the type of graphics and gameplay we can expect from KH3 later on. So it's both a prologue and a glorified demo of sorts. I'm really looking forward to it big time. I've never wanted to play as Aqua more than I want to right now.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 21:31   Link #38
Galaxian

I'm curious about how the second screen mechanics are going to work for the DDD port. I'm guessing they'll use the pad in the PS4's controllers.
Old 2016-06-12, 19:20   Link #39
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 20:10   Link #40
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The BBS section makes me wanna call it KH3: Ground Zeroes. It's clearly meant to give us a taste of the type of graphics and gameplay we can expect from KH3 later on. So it's both a prologue and a glorified demo of sorts. I'm really looking forward to it big time. I've never wanted to play as Aqua more than I want to right now.
I'm pretty sure Nomura said somewhere that the Final Chapter Prologue was initially intended to be a prologue for KH3 a la Roxas' portion of KH2, but it was stripped off and made separate to make room for other things in the game. So yeah, this is pretty much it.