Currently watching or plan to watch:
Baccano
Bakemonogatari
Darker Than Black
Hatsukoi Unlimited
5 Centimeters per Second
Spice and Wolf

What I look for:

Action - Well animated. Seirei No Moribito and Samurai Champloo dominated here. They didn't always fight all the time, but the scenes were incredibly well animated. I notice that the fewer total episodes an action series has, the better the animation is. For example Bleach/Naruto/Soul Eater hooked me in the first arcs because the fighting was actually interesting. 50 episodes in and people start flying and things just start to go downhill. Kurokami hooked me in for a good 10 episodes or so with its fight scenes before it's terribly generic plot and boring characters killed it for me.

Slice of Life - Again well animated, but also the characters really need to make sense. I don't always like everything explained to me. It's nice being able to draw logical conclusions to things by analyzing characters and plot. That's what I loved about Geass/Death Note/Toradora/Clannad. (Yes I know Geass/DN aren't slice of life)

Comedy - Comedy has been pretty weak for me in anime. Maria Holic is the only show I really enjoyed all the way through. Akikan was funny for a couple episodes. Nyan Koi was ok, but the characters were too exaggerated. I notice almost all anime tries to fit comedy in, but very few actually focus solely on it.

Poor animation really really hurts anime in my eyes. If I don't like the way it looks then I spend less time focusing on the story and more time focusing on what I dislike about how it looks. Unfortunately I dropped Basilisk/Hellsing/Berserk because of that. Also yes, this is why I haven't watched Cross Game. The characters in everyone's avatars disgust me .

I'm really excited for Black Rock Shooter to come out whenever it does.
Old 2010-01-14, 02:01   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Momosan/anime - List of what I've watched

What I really liked:
Clannad
Geass
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
FMP
Maria Holic
Haruhi
Kenshin OVAs
Samurai Champloo
Seirei No Moribito
Toradora
Druaga: Aegis of Uruk

Currently watching or plan to watch:
Baccano
Bakemonogatari
Darker Than Black
Hatsukoi Unlimited
5 Centimeters per Second
Spice and Wolf
Of those from what I've seen since you like Clannad and Toradora you should enjoy Hatsukoi it's a very good romance/slice of life series with a pretty like-able cast, and some dam funny moments in a few episodes.
Also Bakemonogatari would probably enjoy though it has a number of different elements in it.
And Maybe Suzumiya Haruhi-chan it's pretty funny short episode based as Parody/Comedy version of Haruhi Suzumiya if don't mind the intonation odd animation of it.
MAL
Old 2010-01-14, 03:20   Link #3
ac3y

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?
Old 2010-01-14, 08:39   Link #4
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Try Aria. It's the best slice-of-life show I've seen.
Old 2010-01-14, 12:10   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No Genshiken in your slice of life?
Try Sengoku Basara for action and D.N.Angel for...whatever it is.
Old 2010-01-14, 16:39   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Poor animation really really hurts anime in my eyes. If I don't like the way it looks then I spend less time focusing on the story and more time focusing on what I dislike about how it looks. Unfortunately I dropped Basilisk/Hellsing/Berserk because of that. Also yes, this is why I haven't watched Cross Game. The characters in everyone's avatars disgust me
Just for the record, do you mean art or actual animation? Because the animation in Cross Game is up to today's mid tier standards. The art one the other hand may take some time to get used to because of its retro, 80's like feel. Like, 1 episode to get used to it. Really, give it a chance even if it's just for 1 episode, it's worth the efffort.

That said, you might like True Tears.
Old 2010-01-14, 17:32   Link #7
QED
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Send a message via AIM to QED
For slice of life, Minamike is really good. Well developed characters and great animation. Of course, I only mean the first season. Stay awaaaaaay from the second and third seasons.

"Honey and Clover" and "Genshiken" are also a good slice of life series that are well-animated. I also really like Nodame Cantabile (again, slice of life), but I've known people to take issue with the animation style in that.
Old 2010-01-14, 18:46   Link #8
SuperSaiyanOver9000

Green Green is hilarious
too short IMO
Shuffle! is good too, much more too it then Green Green, but not as funny, more dramatic-dare I say
(and twice as many episodes)
Old 2010-01-15, 01:13   Link #9
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just for the record, do you mean art or actual animation? Because the animation in Cross Game is up to today's mid tier standards. The art one the other hand may take some time to get used to because of its retro, 80's like feel. Like, 1 episode to get used to it. Really, give it a chance even if it's just for 1 episode, it's worth the efffort.

That said, you might like True Tears.
Ahhh, my bad. I suppose it's more the art style? I just really hate the way the Cross game characters look so I haven't even checked it out even though I see it's highly recommended. I'll probably break down one day.

Genshiken - Watched about a minute of it. The animation isn't quite what I'd like, but it's not so bad that I won't give it a shot.

Aria - Forgot that I heard alot of good things about this and Kannagi. Will have to look into.

Sengoku Basara - Watched it when it came out... was a little too over the top for me.

Honey and Clover - I'll give it a shot.

Minami Ke/True Tears- Looked interesting.

DNAngel - lol, intro has middle schoolers flying around. I think I'll pass .
Old 2010-01-15, 01:17   Link #10
Boduar

Murder Princess OVA is pretty good quality action I think but TBH after watching it a 2nd time im not sure if it will fit your plotline requirement. Either way its just 6 ~25min episodes so either you like it and it was worth or a watch or it isnt and you wasted very little time (and I dont think its possible to not like episode 1 if you like action).
Old 2010-01-15, 01:20   Link #11
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

I'm not really looking for anything plot specific as long as the quality of the product is high.
Old 2010-01-15, 03:29   Link #12
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Sword of the Stranger - best swordfight anime ever
Dennou Coil - One of the most wonderfull sci-fi anime ever
FMA Brotherhood - it has it all
NGE movies - action and crazy characters and some humor and lots of mystery
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann - best super robot series ever
Old 2010-01-15, 13:57   Link #13
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Kara no Kyoukai, srsly.

Also n'thing Rebuild movies, Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone and Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance.