Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-02, 20:21   Link #41
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist View Post
Also while the animation had great CGI backgrounds I didn't dig the character models too much
Yes, Shinkai's people drawing skills are not too good, the characters looked a bit weird at times, however I didn't find it distracted from the story except in one scene where they were cycling along and her head was so much smaller than Noboru's that it looked rather bizarre.

AFAIK he did indeed make the whole thing himself (apart from the BGM) so it's not surprising there would be a weak point somewhere, no artist is perfect at everything.

Although the film was short, I found it long enough to get involved with the characters, I felt he managed to cram a whole movie plot into 25 minutes, there are plenty of 2 hour Hollywood movies with less story than Hoshi no Koe, and although the storyline was necessarily condensed it didn't feel cramped.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 06:58   Link #42
justpassingby

Catmint Tai#7 is going to produce a recitation play for Hoshi no Koe (Japan only of course) from April 23rd to 27th. More info here

I remember downloading and watching this in my high school computer lab, under the pretense of doing the school newspaper :P.

Well, I'm just posting the news because Mikako-shi is going to voice Mikako ٩( ᐖ )و ( ᐛ )و , her first time voicing a character that has the same name as her.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2015-03-23 at 08:18.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:29   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Actually I agree with you but in a way I strongly disagree with you also.

The ending of both anime are miles apart. In fact, not just miles apart, it's like heaven and hell apart.

One gives you hope. The other cuts off all hope.
Well, they should remake the anime and give it the real ending which wasn't bittersweet at all if you read the earlier forum posts.
Old 2015-04-18, 05:53   Link #44
justpassingby

The Mikako and Noboru and some others of the recital version.

Images
Taken during practice
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
5 days to go.
Damn. I wished I could be there _(:3 」∠)_
Old 2016-11-01, 12:42   Link #45
Psyco Diver

Hate to resurrect a old thread but I didn't want to start another one but Toonami will be playing this movie on Saturday, I liked this movie quite a bit so I recommend watching it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 19:02   Link #46
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

*hipster mode on* all these kids these days saying Kimi no Na Wa and Byousoku are the best Makoto Shinkai movies probably haven't even heard Through the Years and Far Away.. they probably don't even know who TENMON is.. *hipster mode off*

but for real, this is my favorite Shinkai work, and its soundtrack is probably the best of all his releases.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-05, 12:14   Link #47
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
*hipster mode on* all these kids these days saying Kimi no Na Wa and Byousoku are the best Makoto Shinkai movies probably haven't even heard Through the Years and Far Away.. they probably don't even know who TENMON is.. *hipster mode off*

but for real, this is my favorite Shinkai work, and its soundtrack is probably the best of all his releases.
This. I can't even start to thing there are people who haven't heard Kimi no Koe playing during animation sequence D:
Old 2016-11-05, 13:55   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

now if they would just this into a actual series.
Old 2016-11-05, 18:56   Link #49
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
now if they would just this into a actual series.
i'm sure you know about the manga. it does a great job of expanding the story just enough for me to be happy.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-05, 20:42   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
i'm sure you know about the manga. it does a great job of expanding the story just enough for me to be happy.
too short, want more
Old 2016-11-10, 18:54   Link #51
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
REAL Shinkai-domo <strike>stalkers</strike> fans think Haru no Ashioto is one of his best works (with a TENMON soundtrack too, of course). It's the short he did to advertise a harem eroge from Minori -- anyone who watches it realises he recycled a lot of it for the core plot of Kimi No Na Wa. Don't mistake it for the OVA of the same name, that just used some of the characters from the game in a separate story with no Shinkai magic.

Tags
drama, romance