AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 28 32.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-24, 15:49   Link #61
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I had nothing to hate on Slaine, I just hate dick-ish move and I hate flip-flopping a-hole. He killed Saazbaum because he tried to kill Asseylum, do I have to remind you a particular scene in S1 where Saazbaum outright say he gonna kill Asseylum? What did Slaine did? Nothing. Now all of sudden, you killed Saazbaum for nearly killing Asseylum even though he did that as well in S1? Can he make up his mind what side he truly on?

He not Lelouch, please don't even remotely tried to compared someone with brain to someone that doesn't. He the Suzaku of Aldnoah, even then at least Suzaku provided us with great fighting scenes.
He did make up his mind long ago, but it wasn't till after he was mentally shattered and forced to grow up after Asseylum was shot. He's a completely different person from the one that Saazbaum was talking to back in S1. Back then, he was still as naive as Asseylum, thinking there was a way out of a confrontation, that Saazbaum would never truly follow through on what he said. However, he learned the folly of his way in episode 12, and that there are times that you have to do things the hard way to get to the future you want.

He's had this plan all along and has been against Saazbaum ever since he shot her, he's just been biding his time and waiting for the right moment while putting all the pieces into place. He probably has others helping him as well since Harklight seemed to be totally in on the plan. Inaho might have been the one physically playing chess this episode, but Slaine has been a chessmaster for awhile now, even figuring Inaho into his plans. I'd say he's got a pretty good brain on his shoulders, and he's now got the fortitude and determination to back it up.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 15:50   Link #62
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I had nothing to hate on Slaine, I just hate dick-ish move and I hate flip-flopping a-hole. He killed Saazbaum because he tried to kill Asseylum, do I have to remind you a particular scene in S1 where Saazbaum outright say he gonna kill Asseylum? What did Slaine did? Nothing. Now all of sudden, you killed Saazbaum for nearly killing Asseylum even though he did that as well in S1? Can he make up his mind what side he truly on?

He not Lelouch, please don't even remotely tried to compared someone with brain to someone that doesn't. He the Suzaku of Aldnoah, even then at least Suzaku can provide us with great fighting scenes.
He was using Saazbaum and waiting for the right time to kill him. If he had killed him there, Asseylum would be dead.

And he did try to stab Saazbaum season 1 if you forgot about it.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:52   Link #63
Klad

Can this get more shitty?
Old 2015-01-24, 15:59   Link #64
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm man enough to admit that my estimation of Slayne has now gone up a tiny bit.

I mean, he's still a psycho stalker freako, but at least that's not all he is. Glad to see he's also got some illusions of reformation of Vers society to go hand in hand with his princess fixation.
Also, cake.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:04   Link #65
HandofFate

Slaine finally did something good for once.
At the beginning when he was kneeling in front of the guy, I was like "did you forget he's the one that literally shot your hime in front of you and tried to kill her multiple times?"

Then at the end, turns out no, and he kills him. Good.

In other news, Inaho attempts to convey emotion this episode somewhat. Not looking good.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:05   Link #66
AverageFan

So Slaine shot those bullets in order to trap Inaho. It feels like that plan was builded on putting him in a specific spot which was rather difficult do them moving around a lot in the fight. It felt like a bunch of coincidences kind of needed to happen in order to make it work.

When Sazzbaum died, I am kind of sad. I liked Sazzbaum and wanted him to live. Plus it feels like it would have been a better story if he was alive even of a bit longer.

Sazzbean naming Slaine his son and successor. Meaning taking now Slaine has the resources and man power to do his thing. Regardless there is still the other Orbital Knights and their Knights, will they go along with it a united plan or just continue to stand alone. There is also still the emperor. Whom I want Saline to talk, to see his reaction about all the change.

So Slaine’s plan is to help the lower classes of martian society. To do that he has to change martian society as a whole and start a revolution.

The episode its self was good. Slaine is starting to develop on his own and took out a large obstacle while getting into a position of power. Now I hope he can lead a group of people. The chess match between the captain and Inaho was interesting. Rayet becoming a Tunsedere Inaho as Odin. He has the Sleipnir, the lost eye and the wisdom. Now all he is missing the spear gungnir.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:10   Link #67
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
No, Slaine is working towards Asseylum's dreams.
As far as I can tell up to this point, Slaine's plan is different from Asseylum's dream.

Asseylum wanted peace between Earth and Mars, which may or may not involve a reformation of Martian society.

Slaine wanted a reformation of Martian society, which may or may not involve peace with Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Then the question becomes which part was Inaho talking about when he said Slaine was telling the truth. The princess being alive part or wanting to strike the Earth. I am guessing the princess part since Inaho did say she is still alive"
At the same time, Inaho didn't make any note that Slaine was lying about any part of his speech. It would be important to know from Earth's perspective if Slaine was lying about defeating Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
the Terrans are on the defensive.
What else is new?
Old 2015-01-24, 16:12   Link #68
ChampDream
Alive

Good job Slaine, good job, I didn't expect that too happen especially after Saazbaum proclaim him as his son, RIP Saazbaum, at least you die proud of your son.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:14   Link #69
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
He was using Saazbaum and waiting for the right time to kill him. If he had killed him there, Asseylum would be dead.

And he did try to stab Saazbaum season 1 if you forgot about it.
I also remember that he didn't kill Saazbaum. He even saved him from Inaho, knowingly that he nearly killed Asseylum in the beginning of the S1. But oh now that Saazbaum once again nearly killed Asseylum so now he gonna kill him? I could tolerant Slaine for trying to kill Inaho, but I hate flip flopping and dick move. Not to mention he killed off one of the better character in the already barely tolerable hate-filled cartoony evil Martian's side.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:21   Link #70
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Huh did I just hear some version of death march or something!? Or was that just my imagination.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:23   Link #71
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
As far as I can tell up to this point, Slaine's plan is different from Asseylum's dream.

Asseylum wanted peace between Earth and Mars, which may or may not involve a reformation of Martian society.

Slaine wanted a reformation of Martian society, which may or may not involve peace with Earth.

At the same time, Inaho didn't make any note that Slaine was lying about any part of his speech. It would be important to know from Earth's perspective if Slaine was lying about defeating Earth.
Slaine may or may not be working towards having peace with the Earth, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for Inaho's truth-seeking eye, it pretty much acts like a lie detector and can only analyze a person's voice. However, like most lie detectors, they can be fooled, especially without standards to compare the person's voice too. Slaine has spent years supplicating and lying to say what his Martian overlords want to hear. He's probably good at saying lies as the truth and doing it in a believable fashion. So, it's really not a sure thing regarding how much Inaho's eye could even work on him, regarding what parts he's telling the truth on and what he's only saying so that it sounds true.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 16:24   Link #72
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I also remember that he didn't kill Saazbaum. He even saved him from Inaho, knowingly that he nearly killed Asseylum in the beginning of the S1. But oh now that Saazbaum once again nearly killed Asseylum so now he gonna kill him? I could tolerant Slaine for trying to kill Inaho, but I hate flip flopping and dick move. Not to mention he killed off one of the better character in the already barely tolerable hate-filled cartoony evil Martian's side.
I think I discussed the very same topic two weeks ago...
Watch that episode again if you want to know why Slaine saved him.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:29   Link #73
Irenesharda

Quote:
Knowing about a conspiracy to commit murder and seeing an attempted murder first hand can have different affects on the same person. Slaine became a completely different person, but it was only after Saazbaum shot Asseylum, not before.

It was not flip-flopping. He was always against Saazbaum, but it was only after, Asseylum was shot when he forcibly matured into a darker, resolved person, that was now willing to kill another. Before that? Yes, he was naive and wavering and really only killed others during emotional outbursts. Not so much now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 16:29   Link #74
Zoks

So, does Inaho's eye have its own personality or something? His "monologue" was odd.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:32   Link #75
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
So, does Inaho's eye have its own personality or something? His "monologue" was odd.
I think it was like I had said earlier, it's a computer that helps him to calculate things and make moves. His eye can tell him where to move a chess piece and so can his own brain. The two parts often work together to do so. He seems to train his eye as well, but hiving it work out problems, while having his mind to do something else simultaneously.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 16:34   Link #76
monster

Quote:
Slaine may or may not be working towards having peace with the Earth, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for Inaho's truth-seeking eye, it pretty much acts like a lie detector and can only analyze a person's voice. However, like most lie detectors, they can be fooled, especially without standards to compare the person's voice too. Slaine has spent years supplicating and lying to say what his Martian overlords want to hear. He's probably good at saying lies as the truth and doing it in a believable fashion. So, it's really not a sure thing regarding how much Inaho's eye could even work on him, regarding what parts he's telling the truth on and what he's only saying so that it sounds true.
Well, the only thing we know so far is that Slaine is willing to promote the war while biding his time for his plan to succeed. So, at the very least, the Martian people is more important to him/Saazbaum than Earth.

As I mentioned before, Asseylum could've facilitated peace between Earth and Mars, but Saazbaum's plan messed that up when he restarted the war. And Slaine is now continuing that war.

So, even if Slaine's plan also involves peace with Earth, it will be a secondary goal to reforming Martian society. Then again, peace might just mean subjugation of Earth under Martian rule.

Speaking of which, er, I'll put it in Saazbaum's character discussion thread.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:39   Link #77
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Knowing about a conspiracy to commit murder and seeing an attempted murder first hand can have different affects on the same person. Slaine became a completely different person, but it was only after Saazbaum shot Asseylum, not before.

It was not flip-flopping. He was always against Saazbaum, but it was only after, Asseylum was shot when he forcibly matured into a darker, resolved person, that was now willing to kill another. Before that? Yes, he was naive and wavering and really only killed others during emotional outbursts. Not so much now.

Oh oh~ I guess Trillram must not gotten the better end of deal then?
Old 2015-01-24, 16:40   Link #78
hai_san

Well let see how far Slaine will/can go somehow he reminds me of Char...

That was too easy Saazbaum... well talk about Big Bad Mastermind...
Old 2015-01-24, 16:48   Link #79
dmaxzero

Slaine you little bitch. This is interesting.
Old 2015-01-24, 16:51   Link #80
Gundamx

What Strategy? Slain was plan to use that trap for Inaho....
But by mistake Saazbaum fall in it > Slaine just let him die as revenge.....

Slaine..... normally you kill bad guy when he was still bad not after he become good guy.....

It was Saazbaum dream to work for 3rd rank people in Mars and he no longer plan to kill the princess just because she have emperor blood...
Closed Thread