AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-05-13, 23:10   Link #4721
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So what if DK part of the curse was lifted but not from the part from divine side?

Now heavens shall fall.
Old 2019-05-13, 23:23   Link #4722
alex_drian

Well shit, that not only crush Elizabeth, but my heart. I wonder if the current Elizabeth is dead we'll have a time skip with a new Elizabeth.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 23:28   Link #4723
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Well shit, that not only crush Elizabeth, but my heart. I wonder if the current Elizabeth is dead we'll have a time skip with a new Elizabeth.
Since Mel is DK things might different this time, he will face the SG to demand her to revive Elizabeth and remove the curse then learn a cruel truth that Elizabeth is his sister and DK and SG secretly has relationship.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 12:29   Link #4724
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Man, so glad that it's not ending yet.

But it's also bad that it seems like the curse on Elizabeth isn't broken yet. So is she going to get revived again with her memories gone? But that's off because the curse was supposed to make her die in one day after she regained her memories. And as it was already said, it's already been three days since she got her memories back. So was it really the curse?

@Oberstein: I'd hate that. It'd mean that this is a series where the main pairing can never be successful no matter what (unless the author goes Brother-Sister incest route). A lot of the other pairings were successful, so why make only the main pairing always continue to fail? I hate that kind of thing.

Anyway, in panels it looked like some sort of black lightning type thing came down and did something. Could it have actually been the Supreme Goddess that did this? Maybe she isn't there personally but actually managed to send the attack down from the heavens. If she can do that.
Old 2019-05-14, 16:07   Link #4725
Homura7

I knew it.

The curse Meliodas destroyed was only half of it. Namely, the demonic part of the curse.

Now listen. Elizabeth's curse is shaped like the Ouroboros, which symbolizes the endless cycle of life, death and rebirth.

How much you want to bet with the next reeincarnation Elizabeth went back to square one? As in, this time she'll reincarnate back to her original goddess incarnation and therefore no longer be hindered by her human constitution.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 18:21   Link #4726
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And if that happens, maybe this time she'll keep her memories since half of the curse is broken. But even then, Meliodas will have to wait another 18 or so years to be with her again. I just hope he does something about her darned mother in the meantime.
Old 2019-05-14, 18:23   Link #4727
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Fucking called it!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 00:33   Link #4728
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I believe my thoughts of this chapter can be summarized as such..."What the flipping, freaking, what the what!?"

Did I get crushed by a boulder? I feel as baffled as someone obliterated and suddenly dropped into the afterlife. So...I guess we're continuing on here. Never mind on the wrapping up stuff. Let's regain our footing and figure things out.

It does seem probable that they did only clean up the curse from the side of the Demon King. And thus they still need to deal with the Goddess side of it. Plus we can't possibly wrap this up without Ban ever getting his sacred treasure !

So are we just adding a few extra chapters or is this a launching point for an entire arc? Regardless things could get pretty crazy. I do wonder if the name dropping of Zeldris and Arthur does imply that they'll still have some role to play? If the series was just ending then it was a nod to accept their passing. But if things are continuing on then who knows.
Old 2019-05-15, 01:04   Link #4729
Azurial

From the looks of this it seem Elizabeth knew she's gonna die thats why she went first instead of Meliodas and when she push Diane away.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 05:34   Link #4730
Random14

Maybe Arthur will finally be back soon since Meliodas brought him up again and of course things aren't over. I didn't notice the nearby cliff until I reread the chapter, at first I thought some other random bad guy had suddenly attacked (as is usual for manga).

Since Merlin talked about the demon realm, I wonder if that means they're going to be storming the goddess realm next. Either that or go into the afterlife, Meliodas has more friends (and resources) now than at any other time in his life so even dying isn't as much of a challenge anymore (relatively).

Though after everything else they've already been through, not sure how the series can top itself.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 11:10   Link #4731
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shocking twist aside, I liked the rest of the chapter, particularly Hawk talking about going to purgatory and making a proper grave for his older brother (so they did tell him!). Meliodas talking about wanting to see his and Ban's kid fighting was nice too.

Really looking forward to the next chapter. Are they going to have to wait for Elizabeth to be reborn and grow up, which means a timeskip?
Old 2019-05-15, 14:48   Link #4732
marvelB

Well, I've been saying all along that there were too many loose ends in need of addressing to end the series at this point, but.... damn. Hopefully, this isn't the end of Elizabeth.

But surprisingly, the highlight of the chapter for me was Hawk's resolve to visit Purgatory to pay respects to his big brother. I imagine that there's a good chance that he, too, shall experience a good deal of growth from the trip, as Mel and Ban have.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 18:04   Link #4733
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Hawk will get a power-up from spending time in Purgatory, too, yeah. I wonder how strong he'll be when he comes back (if he does)?

Anyways. They may have to wait for Elizabeth to grow up again. But like I said, she might keep her memories intact from the beginning in her next life.

As others have said, the fact that Zeldris and Arthur were mentioned might mean they have more of a role to play (in the case that the series will continue for longer, like maybe another arc at least).

I do hope we see Ban's Sacred Treasure, as well as the tying up of all remaining loose ends. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Supreme Goddess finally, since she might be the next main antagonist.
Old 2019-05-15, 18:48   Link #4734
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Isn't Elizabeth's curse to die three days after recovering the memories of her past lives? If she has them right after being reborn, she'll just die three days later as a baby.
Old 2019-05-15, 19:16   Link #4735
Tyrant Ruler

That is true if she regain her memories right away after being reincarnated again mel and the sins have 3 days to figured it out, either breaking the completely are my favorite scenario gI've the supreme deity a beat down like demon king got his.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 06:37   Link #4736
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That part of the curse is already broken, isn't it? It's why she died just now and not earlier.
Old 2019-05-17, 07:10   Link #4737
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
That part of the curse is already broken, isn't it? It's why she died just now and not earlier.
We don't have enough information right now. Maybe he did break the whole curse but Mother-in-law just put it back or he never managed to break it, at least completely.

It was Mel's assumption to begin with that he could break it with god level power, maybe there are some other conditions.

But it is true that the curse seems to have activated a day later, that might be because Mel did break it and SD just cursed Elizabeth again or she can control/adjust the curse and activated it a day later to give them false hope(that bitch) .

Last edited by Hakai; 2019-05-17 at 07:51.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 10:42   Link #4738
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Whichever of those it is, it's still bad and it means the Supreme Deity needs to be defeated (preferably killed?) ASAP.

Meliodas' assumption that he could break it with god-level power made sense. The takeaway here is probably just that he only broke the Demon King side of her curse and the Supreme Deity side still needs to be taken care of.
Old 2019-05-17, 18:29   Link #4739
XFire
150% done

Are we sure it was the curse and not just the SD dropping a rock out of spite?
Old 2019-05-17, 18:50   Link #4740
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Are we sure it was the curse and not just the SD dropping a rock out of spite?
It's written on the final page that this is the result of the curse. Twice.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen