AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 19:34   Link #8441
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon921 View Post
It really depends... I been out at night with a groups of people from college and some of the girls had to be home by midnight or their father would shit bricks. I don't think it is really that strange if they live at home because some fathers are really overprotective of their daughters.
Still when your daughter has a BF and you know he ain't a prick, you know his family, it should be quite understandable to lower the curfew or at least throw some good intentions (she is damn 19-20 can almost drink alcohol in jpn and stuff, and yet they treat her like a child???). That is if you know that your daugher has a bf. As it is now eba could say that she goes to her girl friends ...
Seriously I even speed read (more like run trough pictures not much to read there) this chapter, and I would take Rin any day over yuzuki. Her screwing with you aside, she is so damn better/alive than yuzuki. You could pop haruto/yuzuki cardboards in room and it would be almost the same as them being in that room.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 20:41   Link #8442
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
It really depends... I been out at night with a groups of people from college and some of the girls had to be home by midnight or their father would shit bricks. I don't think it is really that strange if they live at home because some fathers are really overprotective of their daughters.
Overprotective nothing, that's smart thinking.

Unless he knew that Haruto was a dickless wonder, in which case she'd be allowed to stay out all night~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 23:15   Link #8443
mangaf_cksdotcom

Quote:
I guess in Eba's case, her curfew might be related to her runaways on her high school days... but i dont think her father is overprotective... she was sent away to Hiroshima as if she was the cause of trouble. afterall, she is the real Eba here. if she really is the kind of sweet girl that Seo sells to his readers, there's no way a father would choose the other 2 than her own biological child. and a "strict" 10pm curfew is a bit early for a college student. so maybe there's more to the eba family that will be revealed, soon...

Seo, please make this arc reasonable... but i doubt he want to end this yet.
Old 2011-08-20, 11:09   Link #8444
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
I guess in Eba's case, her curfew might be related to her runaways on her high school days... but i dont think her father is overprotective... she was sent away to Hiroshima as if she was the cause of trouble. afterall, she is the real Eba here. if she really is the kind of sweet girl that Seo sells to his readers, there's no way a father would choose the other 2 than her own biological child. and a "strict" 10pm curfew is a bit early for a college student. so maybe there's more to the eba family that will be revealed, soon...

Seo, please make this arc reasonable... but i doubt he want to end this yet.
She is an alien who change into mushroom after 10pm ^^.
Nah seriously even I'm kinda interested in her family, as its almost the only still existing plot element which wasn't pushed away (hope so).
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 12:05   Link #8445
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The problem I've seen with this whole moving arc comes down to one simple issue that I, and I'm sure several others, have:

If this chapter was written before the Tokyo arc, it would be a good, relationship development chapter. As it is, this whole "moving" arc doesn't really work. Seo seems to be trying to get things back to the status quo-- namely, give the manga the same feeling it had before the Tokyo arc hit. That's not really possible, however, as everything that's happened for the past 60 chapters will forever cast a shadow on the rest of the manga. Kind of like the old saying "You can't go home again."

The biggest problem is that he has Haruto and Eba acting like they did before and throughout the whole Tokyo arc. They haven't changed. Haruto is still indecisive, willing to do idiotic things though he has a girlfriend (pretending to be Nanami's boyfriend with Eba, going on a date with Eba while going out with Asuka) and let's himself be manipulated by Rin. Eba still is playing games with the whole "home" circumstances-- hiding things from Haruto.

It's as if everything that's happened to them the past two years-- the Kazama ordeal and his death, Haruto hurting Asuka in such a bad way and losing his friends-- means absolutely nothing to the story as Seo tries to return things to the way they were. It's as if they've learned absolutely nothing from the experiences they've had and are still stuck where they were back in high school before everything went down with the break up. Seo is trying to push a reset button on the relationship, but that doesn't work in real life. Experience shape and change people, which hasn't happened to Haruto or Eba, and frankly, if it were a real couple, I'd believe it would kill the relationship in the end because they're repeating the same mistakes they made back then.

All it would take is another time of Haruto being a moron and helping another girl (like Shiori) or Eba feeling insecure again and latching onto an excuse to break up for history to repeat itself.

Everything that's happened to Haruto and Eba should have helped them to mature and change the dynamics of their relationship, but it hasn't. It's business as usual between them as if the Tokyo arc never happened, as if the two years of pain and sadness between them never existed in the first place. It's not good to live your life blind to what you've learned.

I believe Haruto and Eba could work in the story and people would be more accepting of it if the characters themselves actually showed any sense of forward progress and change in the relationship itself. But there is none. One confession and a jump in a river later and it's all back to the square one.

This is just my view on the matter, of course.
Old 2011-08-20, 12:18   Link #8446
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Yeah. At the very least, now that he knows where her priorities lie he should've made sure she doesn't have anymore dying friends before goind back together. He's learned nothing.
Old 2011-08-21, 00:48   Link #8447
mangaf_cksdotcom

Yeah, 100% agree with KLG...

i cant help but feel that Eba's hiding something, or is it just because what she did in the past that i cant let my guard down on her. She wants to spend time with Haruto but declined a 5- minute walk to her house? every girl I've known would be happy to be accompanied home by their BF, because it shows that the guy has the balls to meet the family. hmmm... a secret? (i remembered Asuka, Haruto took her for granted and no special treatment at all, he cant even send her off the train station)

Haruto also asked Eba out on a date but i did not hear an answer from her, instead she used her anti-haruto weapon, the "puppy-look" (very effective BTW, kind of manipulation technique) and haruto forgot he asked her out. i was expecting something dramatic on the next page but it was just nonsense... i think having a date outside is different from visiting the apartment. she could have gladly answered a "yes" and add the "can i also come by tomorrow?". or is it just Seo who can't differentiate a date and a regular visit. (again, i remember asuka. did they have an official date? in 1.5 years?)

Last edited by mangaf_cksdotcom; 2011-08-21 at 01:11. Reason: add
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 01:44   Link #8448
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Only date that he written, was when he took her to the baseball game, to make himself feel better, when he went into a sex hotel w/ the other girl.

I've to agree that he took Asuka kindness/trust for granted.. lol
Old 2011-08-21, 12:03   Link #8449
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...When i read Princess Lucia after Iru Machi ...
So many differences ... Lucia is so much better, that we never thought at first.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 12:49   Link #8450
Shadow5YA

Or maybe Seo just shouldn't write any long running series. Princess Lucia and Rinko Days are all great so far, and KNIM was good early on.

There's also the fact that Eba just isn't the girl that Seo is used to writing. He good at writing mean tsunderes who like to step all over the main protagonist. See Suzuka, Lucia, and Rinko.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 19:52   Link #8451
Saber024

KLG's points are very good. i agree with most of them.

i find yuzuki not wanting Haruto to walk her home weird.
Old 2011-08-21, 21:39   Link #8452
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Late to the party here sorry...

Those anime designs are incredibly disappointing. It's travesty! I do wonder where they will end though...

As for the latest chapter... *face palm*
Old 2011-08-21, 23:14   Link #8453
Shadow5YA

I heard it's only an OVA, so they can't cover much anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:48   Link #8454
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Currently, everything is boring and feels like middle school love. College life for Seo was mellow XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I heard it's only an OVD, so they can't cover much anyway.
Correction its OAV! It will be release w/ manga volume (to my knowledge).

Last edited by vansonbee; 2011-08-22 at 00:14.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:59   Link #8455
mangaf_cksdotcom

ive read the spoiler for ch147... im not sure if it's ok to post it here, so just check it at MF or OM.

Spoiler for :

i doubt Seo had any love-life in his teens... maybe unrequited, so he just expressed it in his drawings the scenes that he wish to happen... "we dated like this", "she was blushing because i do that", "i nailed her like this", "ive read this book and it says that girls love this and that...AH! A PLOT!!!!" ...
Old 2011-08-22, 02:53   Link #8456
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
i doubt Seo had any love-life in his teens... maybe unrequited, so he just expressed it in his drawings the scenes that he wish to happen... "we dated like this", "she was blushing because i do that", "i nailed her like this", "ive read this book and it says that girls love this and that...AH! A PLOT!!!!" ...
I don't want to intrude upon Seo's private life, but I don't see how else he could write a romance where 20-year-olds act like 10-year-olds, except that his own romantic experience must have gone this way. It's far past the point where we could chalk it up due to cultural differences or otaku pandering, IMHO.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 04:21   Link #8457
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Or maybe Seo just shouldn't write any long running series. Princess Lucia and Rinko Days are all great so far, and KNIM was good early on.

There's also the fact that Eba just isn't the girl that Seo is used to writing. He good at writing mean tsunderes who like to step all over the main protagonist. See Suzuka, Lucia, and Rinko.
In KNIM's case the stepping-over main prota-girl would be, ugh ... Rin >_<. I don't want to imagine her as the leading heroine at all, more like "ripping" my eyes out I just dislike that manipulating dreaded devil who does it just out of boredom.
/is still waiting for a truck to hit her

Lucia is okay-ish even though I stopped reading the manga because it has become boring for me. And I didn't even bother with Suzuka except for the rather nice ending (chapter[s]).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 07:14   Link #8458
mangaf_cksdotcom

Can you feel it guys? Seo is planning to detonate a bomb here somewhere.

A series of lovey dovey chapters and Eba wanted to be with Haruto everytime, she even bought a bicycle to refresh their old memories (plus the festival)...Is she going somewhere? A preparation for a big drama? Seo might end this lovey-dovey arc with sex, so the closer they are the more it would hurt for the masochi...i mean protagonist..

Every time Rin shows up, she's up to something... For now she's helping the 2 to be closer together, i wonder what amusement she can get after that.

Obviously, making up with childhood friends will not cause a big drama, it's an automatic reconciliation the next time they meet. IMO, they will show up when things get bitter between Haruto and Eba...
Old 2011-08-22, 22:27   Link #8459
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Can you feel it guys? Seo is planning to detonate a bomb here somewhere.

A series of lovey dovey chapters and Eba wanted to be with Haruto everytime, she even bought a bicycle to refresh their old memories (plus the festival)...Is she going somewhere? A preparation for a big drama? Seo might end this lovey-dovey arc with sex, so the closer they are the more it would hurt for the masochi...i mean protagonist..
I sense it too but I believe it can go two separate paths. One path is a semi-quick ending with no more major upsets except maybe Haruto yelling at his friends in one chapter then everyone forgives him. Another path will be leading up to some big confrontation, Eba contracting a sickness maybe? Now... If Seo chooses this route... My initial thought on the plot taken this turn was "If she is seriously in a risk of dying, Seo should have just killed her off when he got rid of that dead-beat Kazama."

Don't do it Seo, the sickness card is only allowed once and you already fucked that one up.

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 23:18   Link #8460
Key Board
Carbon

no, the magical AIDS / sickness card should be banned for at least the next 10 years

blame Key for whoring it out
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life