AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2018-09-03, 00:38   Link #221
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Errrrr

I think you're mistaken? The Kiss to the Galaxy manga is just a different medium. It's about as Canon as the movie is or the series I think? The story itself is a prequel in the sense that the first story is about Sheryl's childhood with the latter part of the manga being about her time in frontier which opted for a kind of a weird mashup of the TV and movie's events littered with tons of flashbacks for haracter motivations.

At the end of the day it's just a shoujo manga version with Sheryl being the main character.
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 02:48   Link #222
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

The 4th KitG manga came out due to high demand. That is sort of a sequel, but to the end of the 3rd volume. Which as ippus noted is a mix of original ideas, the show and the movie.
Old 2018-09-03, 15:15   Link #223
magnuskn

The fourth one is the one with the wedding in the end?
Old 2018-09-03, 20:10   Link #224
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The fourth one is the one with the wedding in the end?
Huh which one ur are talking about?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 22:02   Link #225
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Huh which one ur are talking about?
The fourth volume of Kiss in the Galaxy manga, concluded with a very non-ambiguous AxS ending.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 22:48   Link #226
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The fourth volume of Kiss in the Galaxy manga, concluded with a very non-ambiguous AxS ending.

- Tak
Dammit i think i miss the chp...oh wait...i think i already read vol 4 but i dont see the wedding....hmmm weird
Old 2018-09-04, 01:20   Link #227
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

I just realised I never read the 4th one and finally got myself updated.

The manga isn't very good LOL; I just appreciate the fanservice but god is it an awkward version of events. To call it the canon version of the ending is really--

I mean movie Brera dies and the TV version where they're both alive doesn't require them needing to be saved haha;;;;;;; I still stand by that it's less a sequel and its just a different medium.

Also to say the ending was a definitive AxS is kind of redundant. The entire manga is like a straight trajectory towards AxS land with all the Ranka tipping moments cut out lol
Old 2018-09-04, 02:27   Link #228
devilo96

Sigh~ i just hope sunrise or satelight do some regeneration for their mecha animator....cuz right now 2d mecha animator already dying...
Before 2k10: 70% action 30% drama(like 00 and frontier)
After 2k10 :60% drama 40% action
And the story become more bad after 2k10(aquarion logos and delta )
But im shock with fafner quality in term story and action

Sometime my only wish...we can get good mecha animation and story like frontier (im crying after watching sayonara no tsubasa and last eps of the series)
And i just hope kawamori is back to make another master piece like frontier
Until now still love to rewatch frontier than delta tbh i never touch delta again after last eps...i mean they should chage the love interest to mikumo and mirage so we can get another frontier with idol group
*mod snip*

Last edited by LKK; 2018-09-04 at 09:12. Reason: removed insult
Old 2018-09-04, 07:41   Link #229
charles883

After Watching Macross Delta movie, Delta movie officially my 2nd favorite Macross movie with Frontier 2nd movie are 1st.

Here Pros and Cons

Pros

- The dogfight scene are to me best in entire Macross franchise especially Messer vs Keith and final battle. I even says its even better than Frontier movie dogfight scene.(Alto do not want to fight against Brera and mostly try avoid him)(Hell Messer won and die even more sad and awesome) and more action
- Movie VF new equipment are awesome especially Armored Pack, VF-31 ghost booster and Mirage Draken 3. To me its even better than Tornado pack. Also more Macross ship action
- Mirage and ayate are more likable than Series version. Also Mirage in Movie are more skilled and badass than Series version
-Music are even more awesome series version.
- Highlight that NUNS are actually more heroic competent , less trigger happy on using illegal WMD and less corrupt(they still perform illegal operation on stealing Star Singer DNA) as they manage to end Windemere war in shorter time and lesser casualty WITHOUT using WMD.
- No boring filer .
-Roid in movie are better villain and just as sympathetic as he try to save his race dying from their short lifespan but doing it in wrong way.

Con

-Pacing a bit too fast
- Winderemere role get cut short with Keith and Bogue are main role.
- Technically improve rehash like Frontier Movie.
- No new VF

Overall its great Macross movie. The reason Frontier 2nd movie are still my most fav Macross movie are its 2nd half story of Frontier are better than series version, more original story,better song(by close margin). better space battle and Macross action than Delta movie and have actual new VF which become 3rd most fav VF, YF-29 Durandal

I give Delta Movie 9.35/10 (Frontier movie 2 are 9.5)

Ranking for my fav Macross movie

1st Macross Frontier Movie 2
2nd Macross Delta Movie
3rd Macross Plus Movie
4th Macross DRYL
5th Macross Frontier Movie 1
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 09:44   Link #230
Tak

Somehow watching Delta only reminded me how awesome Frontier was.

And even after the movie, I still hold firm in the belief that Mirage was a misused character.

- - - - -

I miss Sheryl.

*Sigh*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2018-09-04, 10:15   Link #231
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I miss Sheryl.
So say we all.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 11:31   Link #232
Tenzen12

Quote:
And even after the movie, I still hold firm in the belief that Mirage was a misused character.

- Tak
Yeah despite doing practically nothing of importance, I still think she was best character of Delta, if not best part of Delta altogether.
Old 2018-09-04, 11:47   Link #233
Tak

She is ironically one of the main reasons to watch Delta, and that IS kind of sad...

- Tak

Old 2018-09-04, 13:08   Link #234
Kazu-kun

I'm not a fan of Frontier myself, specially the tv show. It looked like a romcom slapped on a sci-fi setting to me. Macross always had a prominent romance subplot but the romance in Frontier felt like something out of a cheap light novel. The movies are better, specially the second one, but still not a fan.

Delta on the other hand looked like the kind of show made just for me. As a fan of AKB0048, involving the idols in the combat scenes was right up my alley. Unfortunately, they blew it with lack of character development and slow pacing (among other problems). It's a real shame as it could have been my favorite Macross show ever. The movie fix some of the problems but it's still far from what could have been.
Old 2018-09-04, 13:20   Link #235
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not a fan of Frontier myself
*GASP*

- Tak

Old 2018-09-04, 13:45   Link #236
Tenzen12

To be completely honest, if there wasn't Sheryl in it I wouldn't like Frontier either,
Old 2018-09-04, 14:10   Link #237
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be completely honest, if there wasn't Sheryl in it I wouldn't like Frontier either,
When Kawamori created Sheryl, he hit the jackpot.

When I attended May'n's LIVE, I hit the jackpot.

- Tak

Old 2018-09-04, 14:50   Link #238
magnuskn

Exterminatus engaged.
Old 2018-09-04, 16:04   Link #239
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

I admit, when Frontier was running I didn't particularly like the series either. I felt suckered into continuing with it anyway cus I was so emotionally invested in Sheryl as a character and the music was just too good to miss.

That being said...I dunno. During Delta I rewatched Frontier and I came to really appreciate it a whole lot more? It might not be space war but it had heavy stakes. The characters were memorable and the visuals were distinct. All the events cohesively moved into one another without losing itself into the fanservice. I even came out of it no longer hating Ranka which I never thought possible. Frontier felt inspired while Delta....was just a mess and dragged its feet at every turn.

I wrote more on Delta and what I think the movie (Assumptions because I refuse to pay money for Delta. Literally bloop that noise.) is like but I deleted it in the end cus I realized I hated discussing Delta. Soooo yeah. Bloop that attempt and I'm getting off this thread lolololololol
Old 2018-09-04, 16:12   Link #240
Random14

The only possibly bad thing about Sheryl is that she might have set a impossibly high standard for all future Macross idols/characters. Delta being the next series doesn't help. I still have fond memories of the TV series, but I also loved the Frontier movies too.

Too bad short of completely remaking the entire series, its unlikely a Delta movie could have salvaged the series, and by that point it might as well just be a completely different series. The waste of Mirage's character just makes the whole thing even sadder.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote