AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-01, 21:07   Link #481
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
I was refuring to my post not yours.
I know. I was just saying that even though yours was bad, mine was worse

I sorta mentioned some Yuri type things.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-01, 21:08   Link #482
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
How, when, and where did Miria's new move suddenly get more accurate? I'm not seeing it at all and I have no idea why people are complaining about it.

She has always been able to land attacks with the Phantom, she just couldn't do it while the Phantom was active with any precision (unlike Hysteria). She didn't magically get more accurate or anything, she is charging straight at her opponent and slashing at them using the Phantom's Speed (greater actually) but none of the advantages (she isn't even trying to dodge).

It is basically what Clare was doing with her Awakened Legs, except Miria is meeting Hysteria head on, while Rigaldo was simply evading Clare.
Because she says 1 thing and does another just like gooral pointed out. She will live because she is not better than hysteria but because she is important at this point. This is why I always calling clare lame. And if people are fighting and are not going to run from the fight is lame and boring giving the victory to someone that does not deserves to win.

and I don’t understand why people have to defend their guy no matter what. It seems like Teresa versus pris. People starts to say that Teresa is the most stronger 1 only because they are their fan. I don’t get it. Things have to be logical. If miria has to die, then she dies, but forcing the story like this ? and I was Cleary wrong. Miria will never be a number 1 but I still like her personality ( I still think that she is the better character until now). Just because I like her personality does not mean I have to start to imagine stuff or defend her no matter what. Not trying to get into a fight or be unpolite and some words may be a little too much but is what I think
Old 2011-09-01, 21:30   Link #483
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Finally Miria join Clare. They are one step closer to fully Half-awakening. +10
Old 2011-09-01, 21:48   Link #484
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
AHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Miria is gonna totally awaken I can see it comming!!!!!!!

Raftela getting hugged by the shrimps and Raki bloodlusted!!! hell yeah!!!!!!!
Old 2011-09-01, 21:56   Link #485
Superb

I feel that Miria is gonna pull a Pieta!Clare, but with less control, and that Raftela will have to control her somewhat. I also think that Raftela will pull Miria back to her human side, and die doing so.
Old 2011-09-01, 21:57   Link #486
Double_friedman

I love the story and I don't think Yagi is a bad writer. However, I have the impression he's been committing many mistakes lately. I understand the reason Raftela is helping everyone, I just don't see how she was able to survive after being killed in front of the scientist, who, btw, are supposed to be smart. That's pretty lame.

Miria and Hysteria's fight is definitely interesting. But also illogical (and we logic operates different in manga, but you know what I mean) and resembles to any cheap-made anime in which the main character gets a huge power-up just because she/he's determined. In Claymore, usually power-ups were explained beforehand (half-awakening, teresa's flesh, huge potential which was said BEFORE the actual battle, copying techniques), and now with this fight, (I'm exaggerating it) seems like Miria could have even beaten Rigaldo, give me a break! Her life was in danger, if it weren't for Claire, she would be dead, and now she's implying she might have done MUCH better to the point that she might have won, she's very egocentric! She's misdjudging again, like when she did with the org, with the twins, with Claire. Yagi is very consistent in that.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:02   Link #487
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Claymore never disappoints. (8/10)

P.S. Miria's & Co. are going to get mutilated unless the Ghosts arrive.. fast.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:02   Link #488
Nixl

Figures the chapter is out when I was gone.

I fail to see how people are so angry at the chapter. I also do not get where people are saying Miria had Hysteria's accuracy at all. Miria used the move once, once and it was a face-to face charge. I would not call that accuracy, unless you mean Claire was accurate against Rigardo. In fact, the "move" looks more and more like awakening like Claire during Pieta rather than some move from out of nowhere.

I am a little happier that Miria is having to awaken in order to even have a chance with Hysteria and not some random realization. I know some people would complain if Miria could match Hysteria with just a "new move." Then again, people complain anyway.

@Gooral, I believe this chapter did answer part of what we debated. Te reason Miria did not go all out against Rigardo and the Twins is that she did not want to endanger her surrounding comrades as an AB. Now, there is virtually no one t endanger but herself. For some I reason I still do not think you would be happy with this, but then again I am not sure what you would.

@Double Friedman, If I remember the chapter where Raftela gets skewered, we never actually see her die. She does in fact just drop, but nothing more. Remember that claymore that gets mauled in the Witcher's Maw arc took way more damage and still walked. I am not saying I like Raftela, but most of those MiBs were handlers, not scientists and as we have seen Mibs are worthless fighters.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:02   Link #489
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
While that would absolutaly hilarious , we don't even now if Roxanne is interested in men.
If anything, we know that Roxanne seems like the type to enjoy penetrating everyone with her sword.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:04   Link #490
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
I love the story and I don't think Yagi is a bad writer. However, I have the impression he's been committing many mistakes lately. I understand the reason Raftela is helping everyone, I just don't see how she was able to survive after being killed in front of the scientist, who, btw, are supposed to be smart. That's pretty lame.

Miria and Hysteria's fight is definitely interesting. But also illogical (and we logic operates different in manga, but you know what I mean) and resembles to any cheap-made anime in which the main character gets a huge power-up just because she/he's determined. In Claymore, usually power-ups were explained beforehand (half-awakening, teresa's flesh, huge potential which was said BEFORE the actual battle, copying techniques), and now with this fight, (I'm exaggerating it) seems like Miria could have even beaten Rigaldo, give me a break! Her life was in danger, if it weren't for Claire, she would be dead, and now she's implying she might have done MUCH better to the point that she might have won, she's very egocentric! She's misdjudging again, like when she did with the org, with the twins, with Claire. Yagi is very consistent in that.
I agree with a lot of your thoughts here, I feel that the last 10-15 chapters haven't been as good as the rest of the series. I'm fine with how things like this work for Clare, because it is explained very well, and everything that makes Clare more powerful happens over the course of the manga. But I don't like this with Miria, my opinion will change if she actually awakens in the next chapter. Then I would at least believe that this sudden new technique is possible, because she gave everything she had for it.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:14   Link #491
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...y'know, I was in a good mood after reading the chapter with Miria-taichou trying out 'How to Be Crazy like Clare'... and I see some getting into a technical 'discussion' on her words about the precision of her strikes while in Phantom against Hysteria?

Sure, I'll bite.

Miria's brain just isn't fast enough to process everything while moving in Phantom - it's like her brain goes into Safe Mode/Tunnel Vision while moving at Hyper Speed to make sure that she doesn't overload herself with everything her senses are trying to tell her. It's why her older Phantom was so linear. As for this Awakened Phantom, sll she can probably make out of Hysteria can be equated to a 'blur' when she's in Phantom, if she's even seeing her at all. So when she swung, she swung at a 'blur' - she wasn't sure if she was going to even hit it at all - hence the 'inaccuracy'.

It's the same as seeing something enter just inside your peripheral field of vision and you grab at it. How many times did you snag a thrown/fallen pencil or piece of paper that way and thought, "wow, that was pretty cool". You KNOW you can't duplicate that every single time though. It's basically the same concept, just moving at 80 mph. NOW try grabbing that same piece of paper or pencil - pretty impossible to even think of it now, isn't it?
Old 2011-09-01, 22:19   Link #492
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

All the Mira hatting is unfunded.
1. Phantom is about seed
2. Add yoki to a skill and the skill increase in power or speed.
a. Add yoki to Phantom and you get super-Phantom (noting strange about that).
The argument should be:
Why now and not in Pieta?
Lost of good explanation for that. Make one up, and you have your answer.

Nothing strange. I have been waiting for this for years, its about time.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:21   Link #493
claremore

wow...every month the chapters come out i am less and less interested.. this was one of the worst yet
Old 2011-09-01, 22:23   Link #494
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
wow...every month the chapters come out i am less and less interested.. this was one of the worst yet
Worse than cat hands Dauf?

Anyway, explain what bothers you.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:23   Link #495
Kain999

i have no problems with Miria new powerup and her explanation.

In fact, in Pieta, their plan was not to kill ABs but to die convincingly. There's just no incentive for her to go all out and kill Rigardo.

One may even argue that they may be more survivors in Pieta had Clare not interfered and simply just let Rigaldo killed off the 5 captains and let the rest get knocked out.

But we will never know so its pointless to debate.

The problem with this chapter as with all other chapters is its too short. It felt like I was reading less than 10 pages and suddenly it came to the end and we have another one whole month of waiting........
Old 2011-09-01, 22:26   Link #496
Demon6666

Does anyone fully understand Cassandra's technique? seems to me like its quite similar to the drunken fist technique in kung fu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRSzBzgVEUA

However, i still don't get what makes her so fast. The manga does't say she can sense yoki, so her reaction time must be completely phenomenal if she is able to do counter any attack. I wonder if she would be able to counter Hysteria...
Old 2011-09-01, 22:26   Link #497
Superb

As much as I fear that Clare exiting the destroyer will mark the beginning of the finale of the series, we really need her to come back. She is the driving force of Claymore, and without her it feels... empty.

It would be so epic for the other Ghosts to arrive and join the battle, yet still be losing to the resurrected #1's. Then at the end of a chapter have Clare appear standing on a ridge, looking down at the battle. The three 1's wouldn't even understand, that they were all about to die again
Old 2011-09-01, 22:27   Link #498
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
i have no problems with Miria new powerup and her explanation.

In fact, in Pieta, their plan was not to kill ABs but to die convincingly. There's just no incentive for her to go all out and kill Rigardo.

One may even argue that they may be more survivors in Pieta had Clare not interfered and simply just let Rigaldo killed off the 5 captains and let the rest get knocked out.

But we will never know so its pointless to debate.

The problem with this chapter as with all other chapters is its too short. It felt like I was reading less than 10 pages and suddenly it came to the end and we have another one whole month of waiting........
Totally agree. Can't wait to see if Miria transform her body
I'm also hopping that Helen and Deneven get in on the fun.

Helen will surlly try and then Deneven would, just because Helen did it.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:29   Link #499
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
As much as I fear that Clare exiting the destroyer will mark the beginning of the finale of the series, we really need her to come back. She is the driving force of Claymore, and without her it feels... empty.

It would be so epic for the other Ghosts to arrive and join the battle, yet still be losing to the resurrected #1's. Then at the end of a chapter have Clare appear standing on a ridge, looking down at the battle. The three 1's wouldn't even understand, that they were all about to die again
lol, that was epic.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:31   Link #500
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

And the above is exactly why I don't want Clare to intervene in this fight. Everyone seems to think all problems will be solved by Clare's return, which annoys me far more then even Raftela's survival.

If Clare comes back, then so does Priscilla. Unless that situation somehow magically resolves itself, things are effectively in a deadlock with that situation. Even if Clare does somehow come out of it without Priscilla being a threat, she has to cross half the continent to come save everyone.

I love Clare, and do want her to appear again, but I just don't think her reappearance would be good for the story at this point. I find the story quite interesting with or without Clare.

I'd also like to note someone gave me negative rep me when I made a similar comment last thread. :P