AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-07, 12:14   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pretty fun return. No shock that the episode was spent in part recaping character motivations and the plot to this point. But they are moving forward. It is a fair point that a major concern right now is a lack of stable food resources. That village was contracting rather than expanding because they couldn't move past hunting/gathering, with all of it being focused on fish.

Good little moment for Taiju too. Little emotional scene with pointing out that he can't get his family back since they died long before all this happened. So he's focused on doing what he can for others instead. Certainly a reliable Food King that will take care of what he can.

At least they skipped having to revive a super legendary farmer and moved instead to a cook. Presume that person is seriously going to cry over the lack of ingredients they'll have to work with compared to before getting petrified.
Old 2023-04-07, 15:30   Link #22
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Wheat is too complicated, and has poor efficiency. Potato is king!
Well, they would have to find some first. Not to mention potatos have only few months of shelf life where wheat can be stored for decades, which means you can have reserve food even if you get year or two of bed harvest. Potatoes will be eventually needed as population rise, but for time being it's not necessary.

And don't forget Senku explicitly want create rations for long distance travel...
Old 2023-04-08, 05:05   Link #23
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I'm more curious about how we would see the money in the long run.

I've already finished reading the manga, and this gets me excited for the next character Senku wish to revive.

Spoiler for Reference from Manga:
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 13:00   Link #24
grecefar

I always get emotive when they present a new invention, the camera part was good.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 13:27   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just a reminder that perhaps Senkyuu should be looking for oil in places other than Japan.

Quote:
Japan has limited domestic proved oil reserves, totaling 44 million barrels as of January 2020, according to the Oil & Gas Journal (OGJ).8
In 2019, Japan’s production of petroleum and other liquids was an estimated 127,000 barrels per day (b/d), and only about 10,000 b/d of that total was from light crude oil and natural gas liquids (Figure 2). Most of Japan’s domestic liquids supply comes from refinery gains because the country has a large petroleum refining sector.
https://www.eia.gov/international/analysis/country/jpn
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 15:32   Link #26
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This was a great and wholesome episode. They've now got mirrors/film/cameras, and the ability to make long lasting, travel worthy (and tasty) food to do topological surveys (in black and white) of their surroundings. That pose at the end...classic!

Francois is truly one of a kind. The best no nonsense butler who knows Ryuusui so well and goes straight to work. Old man looked dapper in his suit. News reporter girl was so amazed and grateful for the camera gift (I almost teared up in gratitude)....and then Senku rolls out a whole bunch more haha! Ryuusui may be "greedy", but he's doing it for the good and glory of humanity. Senku's got a good crew now and I'm even more excited to see what lies ahead for them.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 16:25   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Just a reminder that perhaps Senkyuu should be looking for oil in places other than Japan.

https://www.eia.gov/international/analysis/country/jpn
Yeah, but Japan is where he is, and he needs oil to go elsewhere. Plus, for now he doesn't need much. Just enough for one ship to cross the Pacific.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 19:52   Link #28
Random14

Its nice to get pass the recap and get back into the crafting. Ryusui's certainly had a big presence since joining the cast but Francois gives more insight into his personality so that he's not too bad. Its appropriate to have Senku as the representative of this new age and heh, that pose. Yeah, eating bread sounds wonderful after everything they've been through. Great voice for Francois, and if I hadn't seen the news would have no idea that was Maaya Sakamoto (not that I'm good at picking up voices anyway).

Cool to see the Steam Gorilla back and makes sense that Nanami would want a camera. Even aside from her, cameras will help a lot with their surveying. I enjoy the series' sense of humor, Senku's not trying to be rude with ruining her moment when he rolled out all those cameras, that's just how he is. Now they have their food supply, just need to find the oil then.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-14, 10:54   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Trivia: the blue-white-red sash Francois was sporting can be worn by French elected officials (like mayors) and some civil servants.

A blue-white-red collar would be the symbol of a "meilleur ouvrier de France" (best craftsman of France).

I don't think blue-white-red cuffs have any particular meaning.
Old 2023-04-19, 11:23   Link #30
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but Japan is where he is, and he needs oil to go elsewhere. Plus, for now he doesn't need much. Just enough for one ship to cross the Pacific.
He could fly over to Russia. It has a lot more petroleum than Japan.
Old 2023-04-19, 11:27   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The Escoffier culinary school awards a variety of colored sashes.

Red Sash — professional chefs
Blue Sash — non-culinary professionals in the food industry and media
Purple Sash — sommeliers, maîtres d’hôtel, restaurateurs, and hospitality professionals
Green Sash — food and wine producers

https://www.escoffieronline.com/who-...-of-escoffier/
Old 2023-04-20, 11:20   Link #32
grecefar

"Why?"

I remember that page in the manga, it gave the goosebumps.

Here animated too. Loved it.
Old 2023-04-20, 18:19   Link #33
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

First contact was eerily well done. I'd love to know more about the meaning of only sending out the message "Why".

Perhaps it's why are you here, or why did you do what you are have done?

Little boar got spared. Senku and Chef Francois were kind to it, but the other boars will become food sadly...
Old 2023-04-21, 04:56   Link #34
Random14

Aw, Suika has a new friend and they've found their oil supply. They even throw in a reference to way back in the beginning when Senku was still in that high school lab.

Its crazy how much Senku can rig up, and with devices we've already seen him build earlier, such as the radio. They nailed that creepy moment when they ramp up the radio signal and get a message back, though of course Senku is ready to take that challenge head-on (whatever that message means).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 19:47   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It took a while to get onto the ocean (and still a ways to go before they are on the main ship), but that's progress.

It does drop a very interesting message into the void. Who is behind it? A real mastermind behind the incident? Maybe others did revive to this point. Can't discard any possibility really. Presuming Senku is right (and since he's the main character that's possible) the message makes sense. "Why" is humanity still out there when they petrified and erased it"? "Why" is humanity rebuilding down the technological path it was on before?

It opens up the topic about the attackers which hasn't been tackled too much. What was the motive? It clearly wasn't to take over the planet since...no one's taken it over. A natural event seemed unlikely since it was specifically tailored to attack humans. An alien version of PETA?
Old 2023-04-22, 16:57   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
He could fly over to Russia. It has a lot more petroleum than Japan.
According to this map, you're talking about either off-shore drilling in the Arctic Ocean, or crossing the whole of Siberia from East to West. If Sagara (which their labor force can reach on foot) has enough oil for their purposes, it's probably a better course of action. Once they've industrialized some more and increased their population of revivee, they can go look for better sources of oil.
Old 2023-04-22, 17:56   Link #37
Tenzen12

With population being few hundreds at best with one car (that doesn't need oil) and two boats there is no point looking for more oil then Sagara can provide. Population could tripple and assuming each of them gets own car, they still woulnd't need more oil then Japan can provide.
Old 2023-04-27, 16:35   Link #38
grecefar

I always love when my boy chrome shine the most in the chapter.
Old 2023-04-28, 03:25   Link #39
Tenzen12

I did think it's about time connect individual settlements, so I was pleased to see asphalt roads... that lead directly to watter route, which I should have thought, but didn't. I just assumed smartest thing would be connect everything with roads and make some Gorilla trucks or maybe trains.

I guess me living inland made me miss most obvious solution...
Old 2023-04-28, 04:42   Link #40
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Good episode. It's great to see Chrome come up with practical applications based on his newfound knowledge. The timeskip is very generous, but that's the nature of the show.

Only thing that concerns me is not having proper masks when dealing with asphalt, and one question I'm sure others have asked, but the show hasn't addressed (unless I completely missed this in season 1), which is why didn't the original space crew "invent" paper/ink or pass down their writing system/language/knowledge? If that had occurred, we would have a lot more "Chromes" and the advancement of their tribe would have been a bit further by the time Senku woke up.

Tags
adventure, sci-fi