AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-03, 21:57   Link #2401
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
Wrong. Rias fell in love with Issei because he rescued her by defeating Riser, saving her from a miserable forced marriage. She started developing feelings for him at the training ground and that was before he defeated Riser. After Risers defeat she fell in love with him, hence the whole moving in with him thing to deepen her bond with him.

Their feelings for each other were already there from volume 2 onwards, it's just Issei didn't admit those feelings to Rias till volume 10 with the girls help with the Raynare situation and his confession.
It started with that conversation about how everyone viewed her as the Gremory Heiress. By then she already started seeing her with a different light. (Is this how the saying goes? I think I messed it up) Then, after seeing how much Ise was willing to sacrifice for her, her feelings got deeper.

I like to think the girls's love for him didn't just spontaneously appeared from nowhere because of one single action. That after knowing him a bit more they got interested until eventually they fell for him. Maybe I'm just being delusional, whatever.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 22:07   Link #2402
Bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It started with that conversation about how everyone viewed her as the Gremory Heiress. By then she already started seeing her with a different light. (Is this how the saying goes? I think I messed it up) Then, after seeing how much Ise was willing to sacrifice for her, her feelings got deeper.

I like to think the girls's love for him didn't just spontaneously appeared from nowhere because of one single action. That after knowing him a bit more they got interested until eventually they fell for him. Maybe I'm just being delusional, whatever.
A quote from Rias herself during the Riser rating game.

"Seeing that boy fall backwards, my body rushes towards him unconsciously.

Ise's body that I am holding onto is bloody and is covered with sweats, so he's in a terrible condition. Even so, I still loved this boy."

The feelings were already there, it's just after Risers defeat and Isseis words on the griffin made her feelings for him much deeper. The whole name thing was a small dream she had and only started to become an issue when she caught Issei calling Akeno-san as Akeno.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 22:56   Link #2403
G147

To those that complain about him not spending time with his children, how come no one considered about the compatibility issue? All of Ise's children are very different from him whether is it character wise or ability wise.

Kurenai - Holy Lightning and Himejima bloodline. (Ise can't use Holy lightning nor does he understand the Himejima bloodline)
Zen - Holy Sword wielder (Ise isn't really a swordsman)
Ix - POD, Scarlet Blade, Artificial Longinus (A child gifted with Demonic Powers and Dragon Powers, similar to Vali and opposite of Ise.)
Shirayuki - Senjutsu (Ise can't use Senjutsu)
Kuroibara - Senjutsu (Ise can't use Senjutsu)

Clearly none of their abilities are similar to Ise at all. Even if Ise spends time with them, they can't progress much in terms of skills and abilities. Ise and Sairaorg are one of a kind Devils, no one can mimic them nor can anyone use their method to become strong.

Sairaorg became strong through intense training unlocking Touki and with Regulus as his partner. Ise with his below average Demonic Powers became strong through Boosted Gear + Evil Pieces + Dragon Body. None of this are doable by normal standards. The most Ise can do for his children are to spend time with them and teach them his perverted hobbies and move but from the looks of things none of his kids inherited his perverseness. So in the end Ise has nothing to teach to his children so it would be better for him to hand his children over suitable mentors over him.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 23:05   Link #2404
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
To those that complain about him not spending time with his children, how come no one considered about the compatibility issue? All of Ise's children are very different from him whether is it character wise or ability wise.

Kurenai - Holy Lightning and Himejima bloodline. (Ise can't use Holy lightning nor does he understand the Himejima bloodline)
Zen - Holy Sword wielder (Ise isn't really a swordsman)
Ix - POD, Scarlet Blade, Artificial Longinus (A child gifted with Demonic Powers and Dragon Powers, similar to Vali and opposite of Ise.)
Shirayuki - Senjutsu (Ise can't use Senjutsu)
Kuroibara - Senjutsu (Ise can't use Senjutsu)

Clearly none of their abilities are similar to Ise at all. Even if Ise spends time with them, they can't progress much in terms of skills and abilities. Ise and Sairaorg are one of a kind Devils, no one can mimic them nor can anyone use their method to become strong.

Sairaorg became strong through intense training unlocking Touki and with Regulus as his partner. Ise with his below average Demonic Powers became strong through Boosted Gear + Evil Pieces + Dragon Body. None of this are doable by normal standards. The most Ise can do for his children are to spend time with them and teach them his perverted hobbies and move but from the looks of things none of his kids inherited his perverseness. So in the end Ise has nothing to teach to his children so it would be better for him to hand his children over suitable mentors over him.
And that has to do with parenting becaaaause...?

He doesn't need to train them to actually be seen as a father. Heck, if having the same fighting style meant so much Ise wouldn't be so close to Kiba, Saji or Gasper.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:14   Link #2405
G147

Quote:
And that has to do with parenting becaaaause...?
Xenovia and Koneko doesn't want Ise to pass down his perverseness to the children and ask Ravel to make sure Ise's schedule is full so Ravel goes to the extreme and made it 200 years (so she can spend all those time with her Ise-sama alone.)
Old 2015-09-03, 23:18   Link #2406
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Xenovia and Koneko doesn't want Ise to pass down his perverseness to the children and ask Ravel to make sure Ise's schedule is full so Ravel goes to the extreme and made it 200 years (so she can spend all those time with her Ise-sama alone.)
Haha. So. Funny.

Especially because no one minds his perverseness anymore.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:21   Link #2407
G147

Quote:
Haha. So. Funny.

Especially because no one minds his perverseness anymore.
The same Xenovia who became a "Kyoiku mama" and just because Koneko does not care if Ise acts perversely around her doesn't mean she doesn't care if her daughter acts perversely like her dad.

The kids did say that Ise became more perverted during their time, the wives probably have their hands full with him trying to make sure he doesn't go out of line.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:25   Link #2408
MV5

Quote:
SG's power doesn't pass down genetically. And Great Red's and Ophis's power pretty much almost killed him, so yeah, not really much.
I'm not talking about the sacred gears power. I am talking about Ddraig's aura/essence being passed down which Issei has. The boosted gear is just a seal to hold Ddraig in basically. There is a quote where Ddraig tells Issei that they are dragons, or in fact the heavenly dragon before vol.12 where Issei gets his new body, even though Issei felt they didn't fit the look of one. Also the kids are already shown to posses dragon traits inherited from Issei, which would make Kuroka's statement correct, not to mention they are power houses, mostly Ix's. As for the argument of past boosted gear users having children, more than likely Ishibumi overlooked that aspect or rather the fact that sacred gears with celestial beasts that reside in them have their aspects passed down to their kids except for Sairaorg maybe since Regulus Nema doesn't reside in him and is its own entity.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 23:27   Link #2409
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
The same Xenovia who became a "Kyoiku mama" and just because Koneko does not care if Ise acts perversely around her doesn't mean she doesn't care if her daughter acts perversely like her dad.

The kids did say that Ise became more perverted during their time, the wives probably have their hands full with him trying to make sure he doesn't go out of line.
Xenovia being OOC isn't exactly a good reason.

Her daughter is acting like Kuroka. That already is 60% of the way to Ise-tier.

Again, for the millionth time, Kurenai said Ise doesn't have time even for his wives. We already know that Xenovia and Irina are completely busy with work as well.

@MV5: Ise's aura for possessing the BG was so weak noone noticed he had it until he activated it. And even then he was still weak as fuck needing multiple boosts to actually put up a fight against some fodder level.

The children's Dragon aura clearly is because Ise's body is literally that of a Dragon after v12. And it still doesn't make any goddamn sense for them to be so strong since they are technically only half "Dragons" and their mothers weren't exactly strong at that age.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:36   Link #2410
G147

Quote:
Xenovia being OOC isn't exactly a good reason.

Her daughter is acting like Kuroka. That already is 60% of the way to Ise-tier.

Again, for the millionth time, Kurenai said Ise doesn't have time even for his wives. We already know that Xenovia and Irina are completely busy with work as well.
Personality and Behavior are two different things.

Ravel is his manager unless if Ravel doesn't marry Ise even after 30 years, i'd say Ise is spending lots of time with Ravel.
Also if the wives are equally busy who's to say that Ise is the only one at fault? The mothers might not even spend time with their kids as well hence the closeness to Asia.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:40   Link #2411
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Personality and Behavior are two different things.

Ravel is his manager unless if Ravel doesn't marry Ise even after 30 years, i'd say Ise is spending lots of time with Ravel.
Also if the wives are equally busy who's to say that Ise is the only one at fault? The mothers might not even spend time with their kids as well hence the closeness to Asia.
I doubt it's "close and intimate" time though. Knowing Ravel, she probably became Grayfia 2.0: Sweet when off duty, but no bullshit when in work.

Did I ever say he's the only one in the worng? If you're right and ALL of them have been neglectful (or in the case of Xenovia, just a plain bad parent) then all of them just turned OOC for plot's sake.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:44   Link #2412
G147

Quote:
I doubt it's "close" time though. Knowing Ravel, she probably became Grayfia 2.0: Sweet when off duty, but no bullshit when in work.

Did I ever say he's the only one in the worng? If you're right and ALL of them have been neglectful (or in the case of Xenovia, just a plain bad parent) then all of them just turned OOC for plot's sake.
Hence Ise's tight schedule.

Azazel's death might have something to do with that. Up till now Azazel is the one in charge of everything behind the scenes for DxD or to be specific Rias' team, losing him can cause lots of change.
Old 2015-09-04, 00:16   Link #2413
MV5

Quote:
@MV5: Ise's aura for possessing the BG was so weak noone noticed he had it until he activated it. And even then he was still weak as fuck needing multiple boosts to actually put up a fight against some fodder level.

The children's Dragon aura clearly is because Ise's body is literally that of a Dragon after v12. And it still doesn't make any goddamn sense for them to be so strong since they are technically only half "Dragons" and their mothers weren't exactly strong at that age.
In which Xenovia stated in volume 4 she felt it was getting stronger, and by the time 30 years have passed, it was probably already overkill at that point which was passed down to his kids, mainly Ix's. Issei already had the dragon's aura via Ddraig before vol.12, so that wouldn't make sense for him to have an aura after 12, probably got buffed up due to Ophis and Great Red. And if it was from Issei's new body, it wouldn't make sense for IX's to be as strong as he is unless you are assuming that Issei and Ddraig have separate auras. There really is no way to really known unless EX part 3 goes in depth on those aspects.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 05:28   Link #2414
Darkligh

I find it funny how someone can say that Xenovia taking on a more office related job is OOC when she's fucking the Student PRESIDENT in the novels now =_= Seems people focused too much on her power idiot side, something she's bemoaned in the novels as well. =_=

The immature expectations of the cast from some of the readers of this thread is quite frankly sickening.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 05:47   Link #2415
Tbolt

Talking about how a parent should act and things they should be doing by children that post in this thread just cracks me up.
Old 2015-09-04, 06:26   Link #2416
saw2097

I can't believe that people think that just because Ise is the strongest and is marrying a rich girl means that he gets to loaf around all day and play around.

Everyone expects him to accomplish great things as an adult, that is why everyone is investing so much time into him, Azazel hasn't been training him and the Gremory's haven't been teaching him so that he can play games all day, and the Gremory are not letting him marry their daughter so that he can slack off for the rest of his life.

The reason he is being groomed to marry Rias is because he has the power to accomplish great things for the Underworld, the Phenex are of the same mind, they are trying to hook him up with Ravel because they realize he will be even more important in the future.

They all expect a return on the investment into him.

Most importantly, its been noted that Ise is a important figure in the Underworld, Sirzechs and Azazel have been sheltering him from the higher ups and other powerful figures up to this point because he is a kid, they aren't going to do that when he reaches adulthood, he will have to deal with many people who will take an interest in his power and his popularity in the Underworld will make him important in politics as the powerful will want to use him to sway the public opinion.

Even his children seem to understand the situation, except for one of them and that is just the standard rebellious phase that most kids go through.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 06:28   Link #2417
Darkligh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
I can't believe that people think that just because Ise is the strongest and is marrying a rich girl means that he gets to loaf around all day and play around.

Everyone expects him to accomplish great things as an adult, that is why everyone is investing so much time into him, Azazel hasn't been training him and the Gremory's haven't been teaching him so that he can play games all day, and the Gremory are not letting him marry their daughter so that he can slack off for the rest of his life.

The reason he is being groomed to marry Rias is because he has the power to accomplish great things for the Underworld, the Phenex are of the same mind, they are trying to hook him up with Ravel because they realize he will be even more important in the future.

They all expect a return on the investment into him.

Most importantly, its been noted that Ise is a important figure in the Underworld, Sirzechs and Azazel have been sheltering him from the higher ups and other powerful figures up to this point because he is a kid, they aren't going to do that when he reaches adulthood, he will have to deal with many people who will take an interest in his power and his popularity in the Underworld will make him important in politics as the powerful will want to use him to sway the public opinion.

Even his children seem to understand the situation, except for one of them and that is just the standard rebellious phase that most kids go through.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2015-09-04, 06:45   Link #2418
Ultragunner

well yeah, no sh*t

but what really bothers me is the fact that even Vali himself has the time and patience to coach Ise's kid, I thought he would be way more busy fighting with all the otherworldly beings

Also, isn't raising the next generation an important job as well? Ravel should put that on Ise's to-do-list
Old 2015-09-04, 06:47   Link #2419
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well yeah, no sh*t

but what really bothers me is the fact that even Vali himself has the time and patience to coach Ise's kid, I thought he would be way more busy fighting with all the otherworldly beings

Also, isn't raising the next generation an important job as well? Ravel should put that on Ise's to-do-list
Vali's goal would likely change. In fact it's already changing. Plus given how much he wanted a family he could easily latch onto the current situation. Not that surprising really. Nothing in EX could be called OOC so far unless you keep hold of childish preconceptions that the Adult cast would be as carefree as their late teen years.
Old 2015-09-04, 06:49   Link #2420
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well yeah, no sh*t

Ise asked once what Vali was doing traveling around, he notes after getting the answer that a lot of what Vali does is the actions of someone that has to much time on his hands.

Vali has spent much of his life just doing whatever he feels like.

And in volume 20, its noted that Vali's greatest wish is to have a family, maybe that is why he bonds with the kids as this is the closest he will get to actually having one.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote