Old 2012-03-04, 14:12   Link #822
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for Shadow5YA:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:02   Link #823
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoa, rather heavy the past couple of pages. I appreciate the passion, fella's, but it's a romcom, aren't we supposed to enjoy the fun ride while it lasts, and cry when the heartbreaks happen?

Anyways, I really liked the beach arc, yeah an arc, I'm glad it took up the 2 episodes it needed, I was getting irked by the recent seasons of anime where the beach segment would take like, 5 minutes of one ep

And then the festival ep right after, right on schedule but the courage test, when Kaito ran off, I felt it, that was like a rejection to Kanna. Sure he was genuinely worried about Mizuho, but in Kanna's case, seriously, since when was a courage test NOT about bringing two closer. Well, it actually might have in this case

I thought for sure we'd see Mizuho's sister's by now. But I think that's where this series' charm is: one alien girl, alone, in a world she's never been to, without any interference/assistance from family, Mizuho...... ends up killing a guy, revives him and then has feelings for him. Wait, that's like some guro version of a stockholm syndrome gone wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Beach activities.

Spoiler for Megami/Nyantype - slightly NSFW:
I've been meaning to say this, but that Arisawa is big, and I mean, she's like as tall as Kanna but bigger up there, I was rather shocked. The anime didn't really show it that much. Didn't she have a shirt on most of the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
No Mio this month
You can bet she would have had the sweater on anyways Oh, and I "fixed" one of the posters if it interests you
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 15:30   Link #824
konart

Spoilers
Spoiler for 09
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-05, 16:15   Link #825
leokiko

Spoiler for episode 9:
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 18:04   Link #826
sikvod00

Oh, man. That kiss scene was so wonderful.
Funny how Ichika was finally able to realize her feelings because of Kanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
I think she's crying for Kanna's heartbreak as well as her own. Conflicted emotions are what makes for the best kind of drama IMO.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2012-03-05 at 18:24.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:11   Link #827
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I feel sorry for Kanna in this episode. If I were in her situation, I wouldn't have the courage to say something like that to my rival. NEVER!

Loved the last 3 minutes of the show before the ending song.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:15   Link #828
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well this episode confirms that Kaito only transferred in during first year of middle school. So as much as I'd like to think that Kaito and Kanna are childhood friends (would have another 'horse' in the race or so to speak), this episode totally debunked it as I have surmised before. Glad to know my osananajimi radar can still weed out false positivies.

As for the Mio --> Tetsu --> Kanna triangle... this episode just reinforces that I still don't know where I stand there. While it was certainly d'aww worthy seeing Tetsu comfort Kanna, seeing Mio behind the shed also bawling kinda broke my heart too. T_T

What's most interesting though is that Ichika has been on earth before, because she says the place is something she remembers through her memories. Meaning... is it possible that she's the daughter of Onegai Teacher's main couple?

(Shippy side also can't help but wonder at the possibility that Kaito and Ichika met before as kids but forgot about it, since Ichika was on earth before. Then logical side kicks shippy side in the nuts saying that Kaito most likely stayed in Tokyo all his life, so the possibility is near zero logically. But one can hope, right? )

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 20:11   Link #829
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
... and that's all they are doing with the whole alien twist rather underwhelming

Anyway, 2/3rds of the cast were crying their guts out this episode, while half of it was heart-broken, and only 1/3rd achieved happiness... on the other hand, I could not stop laughing since the presentation was more fitting to a satyr rather then romance.

But there is hope, since there are 3-4 episodes left for something more interesting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 20:19   Link #830
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I laughed pretty hard at Tetsuro's sister getting the Zoidberg treatment when they went off to the spaceship.

The confession was a good payoff, and played very nicely. I just don't particularly like Ichika, or even Kaito that much.

All my feels for the Trio of Tragedy. All of them.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 20:54   Link #831
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

As expected Kaito doesn't have a problem, but in fact remembered and knew the whole time. That was very brave of Kanna to do that. The triangle drama gets more intriguing. Good thing Lemon helped Kaito out. The ending was simply great.
Old 2012-03-05, 21:06   Link #832
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and that's all they are doing with the whole alien twist rather underwhelming
I thought that the biggest obstacle to IchikaXKaito is not Kanna, but the whole "Ichika must go back home someday" conflict? So I don't think her being an alien is done with the plot just yet... they DID destroy a rescue probe after all, so more aliens are bound to come.

Old 2012-03-05, 21:51   Link #833
Xeilo

MIB is not fake.
Xeilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 21:56   Link #834
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Of course it isn't. If Remon states anything, however implausible, must be the truth. She's that awesome!

Old 2012-03-05, 22:02   Link #835
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

So I guess the only secret left is why Ichika is looking for that place. Why would she have memories of it? Could she even be the daughter of Kei and Mizuho after all and she wants to see the place where her parents first met? I just checked and the place where Mizuho landed in Onegai teacher has indeed trees and a lake.

Again, sry if this was all mentioned, I didn't read the thread from the beginning
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 23:21   Link #836
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i dont know why, im even used that the protagonist usually dont choose the character i prefer, but i dont like ichika x kaito, it actually pisses me off.
Old 2012-03-06, 00:06   Link #837
ZODDGUTS

Problem is that I don't really care for any of the characters or whom they'll end up with. This series feels lacking that something that was in Onegai Teacher series. Also feel this series is trying to hard at being "deep" when it really isn't.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 00:40   Link #838
TimeSkip

Remon is an MIB agent. How else could she know the ship was not functional right away, and was in the right place and time every time. She probably uses the movies as her report to her boss.

What she said about being forever 17 is probably true due to alien's tech. She's going to be a flat chested petite girl for the rest of her life.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 00:52   Link #839
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe blackmail is Remon's game. She certainly seems to be trying to push Ichika into incriminating situations and then film them...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 03:12   Link #840
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
I'm expecting Mizuho to come back from space any episode now to find her /missing/ daughter. Remon *is* Morino, that due to her initial stand-still will never finish growing up and remains in High School because it's what makes her happy.... hahaha who knows. It's entertaining enough.
Worldestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen