AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 08:11   Link #421
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished reading the 51 chapter of Deadman Wonderland, but even tho it shared many similarities with MN, i still found Mirai Nikki waaaay more interesting: in DMW i didn't feel much tension or surprise
Spoiler for plot:

I had planned to watch the anime adaption of DMW tonight, but i won't bother. Tonight i'll probably watch Baccano.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 08:57   Link #422
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Given that you have dropped Clannad (you actually have dropped at episode 15 or something instead of episodes 6-7, according to your first thread) but you'll take it in consideration, I read somewhere at LB thread that some people consider Clannad a bit boring. To give more information, the first season has 24 episodes and its sequel (After Story) also have the same number of episodes.
Spoiler for spoiler for season one:

But something unexpected and less boring didn't happen until the second half of AS. Despite some flaws, many people consider Clannad one of the best romances ever. And the romance gets developped better than Haruhi and S;G, so you'll need to re-check this one.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:37   Link #423
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Episode 3 of Baccano, but i'm feeling a bit confused: all this going back and forth, between 1930 and 1931 is screwing me a bit. The type of artwork and animation is the one i like the most (similar to DN and S;G), and the characters so far were cool, but i'm really finding difficult following the plot.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:39   Link #424
Eragon
Still Alive

^ That's the fun of watching Baccano But don't worry you'll get the hang of the story after a few episodes.
From the post above yours, it seems you dropped Clannad Why? And that too after 18 episodes. I assure you after watching both seasons it will be in your top tier of favorite anime.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:16   Link #425
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Baccano, and even tho it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, i could somehow enjoy it. I really wanted more of Firo. Characters were scattered all around, there was no main character, and even tho following the story was hard in the beginning, i was able to understand it later on.

The romance in it was very pitiful, but it contained action and a music that adapted very well with the background. The characters i liked the most were Firo(for being badass), Isaac and Miria(for being funny and cheerful). What i didn't really like was the little character development. I wasn't able to get attached to any of those characters :/

I'll now start White Album

EDIT
Finished episode 6, but i don't know if to say that "i like it": the whole situation reminds me of School Days, and that was an ugly experience. Before things got fucked up, i was liking school days very much(which was the first episodes). I don't think this'll turn in a bloodfest, but i have a bad feeling about it.

Beside that, it fits my requirements 100%, isn't boring, all the girls look awesome and the graphic is perfect. It's just the SD situation that doesn't put me at ease. Continuing it

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-31 at 19:38.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:44   Link #426
Undertaker

Have you checked out Durarara yet?
Old 2012-03-31, 20:28   Link #427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
EDIT
Finished episode 6, but i don't know if to say that "i like it": the whole situation reminds me of School Days, and that was an ugly experience. Before things got fucked up, i was liking school days very much(which was the first episodes). I don't think this'll turn in a bloodfest, but i have a bad feeling about it.

Beside that, it fits my requirements 100%, isn't boring, all the girls look awesome and the graphic is perfect. It's just the SD situation that doesn't put me at ease. Continuing it
Ah, somebody finally able to make you watch White Album that I suggested to you months ago . I’m looking forward for your opinion about the ending .
Old 2012-04-01, 00:25   Link #428
Shanarock
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Finished watching Baccano, and even tho it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, i could somehow enjoy it. I really wanted more of Firo. Characters were scattered all around, there was no main character, and even tho following the story was hard in the beginning, i was able to understand it later on.

The romance in it was very pitiful, but it contained action and a music that adapted very well with the background. The characters i liked the most were Firo(for being badass), Isaac and Miria(for being funny and cheerful). What i didn't really like was the little character development. I wasn't able to get attached to any of those characters :/
Baccano has 3 OVA episodes. Episode 14, 15 and 16. Have you watched them all?
Old 2012-04-01, 04:37   Link #429
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Yes i did.

The main reason i watched baccano was for your signature: cute girl and cool boy.
Spoiler for however:

EDIT
Finished watching the first season of White Album:
Spoiler for plot:

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-01 at 05:42.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:43   Link #430
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Considering you have watched Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head would be a good idea to watch. Both are created by the same company (Nitro+ and 5pb.) and they set in the same city called Shibuya, but the themes are different. Also, C;H sets one year before S;G starts. The show is primarily consisted of some unexpected kind of mystery filled with mindfuck moments. The romance is here, but it is used as a dramatic (but not depressing nor touching) thing for the show. It ends with a unexpected ending.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-01, 09:58   Link #431
Trudinh

NO NO NO, Chaos;Head was an Awful Anime, well i guess that my opinion................
Nothing is alike between Steins;Gate beside same company

Different Art Work
And the message "C;H set one year before S;G" not so important cause it doesn't have any connection what so ever.
The story Idea is completely different, One is about time travel and one is about illusion and delusion
Trudinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 10:00   Link #432
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Can't understand why C;H is awful. Other than that, Classified will watch it because I suggested it, considering that both animes are created by the same companies (Nitro+ and 5pb.), even though you disagree. And I am right about why it sets one year before S;G, even though it does not look important much.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-01, 10:17   Link #433
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Don't fight over such trivial things: i had downloaded time ago Chaos;Head, and dropped because i didn't like it at all. It's totally different from S;G indeed, and i'm happy i didn't check C;H before S;G, because otherwise i would have probably skipped S;G, and that would have been unforgivable.

Anyways, i'm currently watching the 2nd season of White Album, but hell, i want more of Rina, GIMME MORE OF RINA.

PS
Currently getting Highschool DxD; i'll watch it wednesday when i get back from uni (Easter holidays). I'll wait for bakabt to release ZnT f.

@Undertaker:
Sorry for the late answer, but i didn't have the time to check other titles: last week i was occupied with Death Note and Deadman Wonderland all the time, and this weekend i'm through White Album.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:41   Link #434
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Why do you hate C;H at all ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-01, 14:22   Link #435
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The anime for Chaos;Head is awful. Absolutely awful. The VN is pretty good though.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:32   Link #436
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching White album, and i loved and hated it:
Spoiler for spoilers about s1 & s2:

85% of my vote comes from the artwork and animation, just because i can't rate such title low: it is probably the title that got the best artwork and animation i ever came across: just the amount of details, the real-like artwork, and the cute girls in it... just because of it i'm giving this title a 9. The plot was overall very good, and the anime dealt with real life, but the only problem was the protagonist. If the protagonist was more worth than a trash bin, this title would have probably gotten in my top5.

This anime was like a beautiful wedding dress covered in mud.

I have little time, since tomorrow i have university, so i'll start Koharu Biyori (that is only 3 episodes) and go to sleep.

Next week i'll watch Highschool DxD and the other titles you suggested so far. I'll edit the main post with the updated list.

EDIT
Now i know why i felt Baccano's style was very familiar: doesn't it look like some of Tarantino's works for its fucked up timelines and atmosphere? Just like pulp fiction.

EDIT2
Finished watching Koharu Biyori and it was a really enjoyable watch: it was light, ecchi and relaxing. I really enjoyed it; how sad it was only 3 episodes long. Thank you for having suggested it, i really needed something like this after DN, DMW and WA.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-01 at 18:13.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:57   Link #437
maxblaze

Smile My list of harem + ecchi + romance + action + comedy + Scifi + fantasy

Eden of the East Paradise Lost

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-10-04 at 02:14.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:46   Link #438
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Here are 5 new titles

Denpa teki na kanojo-here is a mystery thriller that is similar yet very different to mirai nikki.it’s only two episodes 47 min each. Really good anime but could have been better if it had more episodes.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5177/Denpa_teki_na_Kanojo

Gantz-Try reading the descripton then read tehnominators helpful non bias review. You should at least watch the first episode
http://myanimelist.net/anime/384/Gantz

Rec-nice relaxing anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/710/Rec
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora- really good non depressing title
http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Han...ga_Noboru_Sora
Natsuiro no Sunadokei-another good short anime that involves time traveling
http://myanimelist.net/anime/622/Natsuiro_no_Sunadokei

Just a reminder of the new romance tagged anime that air this week

4/2/2012-ZETMAN-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqww3yzPTU
4/4/2012-kore wa zombie desu ka ?of the dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDIyBxwYAc
4/4/2012-Medaka box-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_5bOPt0cA
4/5/2012-Sankrea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SB_jgLYAIs
Old 2012-04-03, 21:29   Link #439
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Hantsuki is a non-depressing title??

at best it's bittersweet, more on the bitter part. but i second it nonetheless
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:05   Link #440
maxblaze

i like to try that list hopefully they meet my expectation.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote