AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-03-25, 08:17   Link #161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Definitely not a waste of time, but it could have been a regular raid as it was originally planned and it would have worked just fine.

It's the whole mechanism that turns the raid into a life or death situation for Akiba but at the same time prevents every high level player to be even remotely useful so that now everything depends on the low level characters that is a bit contrived.

This also would have several logical consequences. Unlike a real MMORPG this world doesn't have a steady influx of low level players, which means that eventually everyone will be maxed. Once you learn that at any time a genius could pop up and make all high level players become useless, it would become mandatory for at least a few groups of adventurers to never level up again, for safety reasons.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 09:02   Link #162
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Definitely not a waste of time, but it could have been a regular raid as it was originally planned and it would have worked just fine.

It's the whole mechanism that turns the raid into a life or death situation for Akiba but at the same time prevents every high level player to be even remotely useful so that now everything depends on the low level characters that is a bit contrived.

This also would have several logical consequences. Unlike a real MMORPG this world doesn't have a steady influx of low level players, which means that eventually everyone will be maxed. Once you learn that at any time a genius could pop up and make all high level players become useless, it would become mandatory for at least a few groups of adventurers to never level up again, for safety reasons.
Didn't Rudy prove they could recruit from the People of the Land?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 13:36   Link #163
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't Rudy prove they could recruit from the People of the Land?
As far as I know he's the only one that went through that procedure and Shiroe is the only one who knows how to do it. So technically it could be possible to have new "players", but that's not really a "steady influx". Unless they change something about that, eventually everyone will be max level. And while an emergency could bring them to find people of the land willing to become adventurers (good luck with that), it would still take months before they are leveled up enough and trained for raiding.

Old 2021-03-25, 14:07   Link #164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As far as I know he's the only one that went through that procedure and Shiroe is the only one who knows how to do it. So technically it could be possible to have new "players", but that's not really a "steady influx". Unless they change something about that, eventually everyone will be max level. And while an emergency could bring them to find people of the land willing to become adventurers (good luck with that), it would still take months before they are leveled up enough and trained for raiding.
Isn't that mostly an issue of people not knowing it's possible? If they did, and the method was made public, would they really have a shortage of volunteers?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 14:29   Link #165
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Probably. From what I gathered most people of the land think that adventurers are weird. It took a long time for Reynesha to wrap her head around the way they live. At any rate I don't think Shiroe plans to reveal that kind of secret any time soon. In fact, if I'm not wrong he's keeping it a secret even from the round table.

Old 2021-03-25, 19:27   Link #166
Twi

There would be a crapton of issues with the ability to suddenly become immortal and break the level cap for the natives. We're talking wars over who gets that privilege and how far they'd go for it. Shiroe most certainly wouldn't want the attention.
Old 2021-03-25, 19:43   Link #167
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
There would be a crapton of issues with the ability to suddenly become immortal and break the level cap for the natives. We're talking wars over who gets that privilege and how far they'd go for it. Shiroe most certainly wouldn't want the attention.
And wars are one of the last things Shiroe wants. Have you forgot about the Election that happened earlier this season?

That was to avoid a potential Civil War in Akiba. And look at Minami; last time we saw them, they were on the path to Civil War.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 12:25   Link #168
magnuskn

Well, that's resolved. I kinda feel sorry for Minori. But not really, girl was setting herself up for a fall. Good thing she has thoughtful friends.

So, this was the end of the season already? Well, I hope we get S4 sooner rather than later. They surely let things hanging on a "to be continued" thread.

Overall, good season, with three clearly defined mini-arcs. It all feels like it is building up to something greater, though. 7.5/10, because it feels like the middle of a story. Still love the characters and I hope for more Log Horizon soon!
Old 2021-03-31, 14:09   Link #169
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I am glad they finally settled things with Minori. It's a painful thing, but it's also a good thing for her to have expressed how she feels. Sure, I wasn't exactly pulling for her but I still like that she found the courage to take that step. No doubt the attacks they took and seeing the maturity in Akatsuki's feelings gave her a push to take that step. Good on her friends to be there for her when she needed them. Nothing to be done to make her feel better about it, but good to have ears to listen.

Honestly I really enjoyed Akatsuki standing firm when it mattered. She's not in a tanking class, but she did all she could. Because it isn't just admiration and she's not blind to Shiroe's weaknesses. She just loves the whole package and will help however she can. Kind of glad to have the story being pretty good on getting into Shiroe's heart on the matter as well. He's still getting a good feel for his feelings and there's no telling how the future will play out. But he knows well enough how he feels to know he can't return Minori's feelings.

The raid overall was pretty well done. Sure, the older cast will remain my favorites. But this was a good way to pay off the focus the younger cast have gotten and showing how far they've come.
Old 2021-03-31, 14:29   Link #170
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Romance, in Log Horizon. That was unexpected. But glad thay actully cleared things. I presume, the novels will end somethere aroun vol. 18, s9o let's hope for full 25 eps season oncve it happens.

Considering that last few WN volumes are also not published yet, they have enough time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 18:16   Link #171
Friday
Im shy too...

sssssoooooooooo.......

next stop Minami

when we gonna see that?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 18:19   Link #172
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not anytime soon as WN is just about half a volume ahead from anime.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 18:41   Link #173
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, so I was actually partially right, there was a level 35 monster hidden! Everything makes sense to me now.

I'm glad the Minori romance subplot was resolved. It was obvious from the start she stood zero chance, no point in dragging things out. I wasn't expecting Shiroe to basically admit he's in love with Akatsuki though.

Good season overall. Looking forward to more... someday.
Old 2021-03-31, 19:25   Link #174
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But there seems to be work on Vol14-16 already, right?
Who knows, maybe in 1/2 years a Season4 may come.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 21:56   Link #175
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

The last few episodes made it clear to me that I only watch this because of Shiroe and his plans, arcs that doesn't involve him doesn't interest me at all.

Hope to see a season 4 sometime, somewhere
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 00:17   Link #176
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Oh, okay. I thought the story was far ahead already. Well, probably will take a while, then.
Old 2021-04-01, 03:38   Link #177
Random14

Its a minor thing but I still find it hilarious having Tetra stuck with the sisters, triggering her old trauma. But the two definitely contributed during the raid so I don't mind them so much by now.

Poor Minori, but glad to have closure on that plot, despite how much it hurts, I hate it when shows drag out romances for too long. Its a nice change that for once we have some main characters aware that they're in love with someone, probably (and everyone else can already see it with Shiroe and Akatsuki), just that things are still progressing for them too. And it'll probably push Isuzu forward after this as well.

I'm glad we got this season, back in 2019 I never expected another Log Horizon season. I hope that with the way they ended this season (with Shiroe announcing his next expedition) that's a good sign for another season someday, well, once there's enough source material.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 10:26   Link #178
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Its a minor thing but I still find it hilarious having Tetra stuck with the sisters, triggering her old trauma. But the two definitely contributed during the raid so I don't mind them so much by now.

Poor Minori, but glad to have closure on that plot, despite how much it hurts, I hate it when shows drag out romances for too long. Its a nice change that for once we have some main characters aware that they're in love with someone, probably (and everyone else can already see it with Shiroe and Akatsuki), just that things are still progressing for them too. And it'll probably push Isuzu forward after this as well.

I'm glad we got this season, back in 2019 I never expected another Log Horizon season. I hope that with the way they ended this season (with Shiroe announcing his next expedition) that's a good sign for another season someday, well, once there's enough source material.
Yeah, I didn't really love those two when they were introduced and I'd probably have felt really bad for Tetra if I knew she'd be stuck with them. But they improved as the arc went along and I like the emotional connection built up between them and the older players. Considering Tetra's history with them they are all the more attached to her than anyone else.

With you on being glad they stopped dragging things out with Minori. It never seemed like she had much hope there. So might as well settle it, let it serve her character development, and move ahead. All the more so if Isuzu can finally figure out her feelings for Rudy.

Log Horizon was one of those shows I just presumed was done and would never get another season. And yet we did and it was really good. Fingers crossed that a few years down the road when they have enough material to work with that we get another one.
Old 2021-04-01, 14:05   Link #179
Wandering Soul

We all know Minori's feelings for Shiroe were never going to be returned, so it's nice that they finally nipped things in the bud there. I wasn't expecting Shiroe to all but declare he had feelings for Akatsuki though.

Overall another good season. Looking forward to the day we get more.
Old 2021-04-02, 10:22   Link #180
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
We all know Minori's feelings for Shiroe were never going to be returned, so it's nice that they finally nipped things in the bud there. I wasn't expecting Shiroe to all but declare he had feelings for Akatsuki though.
That was, by far, the most surprising aspect of these events. Akatsuki's declaration during the raid battle was somewhat unexpected, while Minori being turned down by Shiroe was hardly surprising at all. His sudden declaration, mostly to himself, of his feelings for Akatsuki seemed rather out of character for Shiroe, but a welcome recognition of reality.

I thought this season was going to focus more on Rayneshia. The ED certainly gave the impression that we'd see her in her new position with help from Minori and Akatasuki. Never saw much if any of that in the show itself. The election happened, Shiroe suggests she go to China, and that's pretty much it for her story.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2021-04-02 at 14:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote