AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-20, 20:25   Link #1461
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Based on the words of a guy planning on squeezing every last drop out of his life to beat Saitama.
Again it could be a hyperbole. You literally have nothing to prove he is god rank, there is actually source to show monster rank, you should look it up and use it as a source to back up your statement.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 20:29   Link #1462
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Again it could be a hyperbole. You literally have nothing to prove he is god rank, there is actually source to show monster rank, you should look it up and use it as a source to back up your statement.
destroying many planets

but hes not god rank...are u trolling?
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 20:35   Link #1463
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
destroying many planets

but hes not god rank...are u trolling?
Am I trolling? all you gotta do is search it up, and again boros could have exagarent that part, he could have use his ship to "destroy" those planet as in going around lay waste to the surface. It's not like he is frieza or something.
Old 2015-12-20, 20:39   Link #1464
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
God level-threats are defined as things that are threats to Humanity itself. Boros himself might not be, but add in his lieutenants AND his ship? It's not hard to imagine.

That said, this is all just making an argument for the sake of it, as we don't know how powerful Boros is supposed to be (unless you peek into the official Guidebook), and the Heroes Association only makes up threat levels only AFTER a threat has been witnessed and assessed (see how Sea King's ranking went up). And no one witnessed the fight between Saitama and Boros.
Old 2015-12-20, 20:44   Link #1465
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
God level-threats are defined as things that are threats to Humanity itself. Boros himself might not be, but add in his lieutenants AND his ship? It's not hard to imagine.

That said, this is all just making an argument for the sake of it, as we don't know how powerful Boros is supposed to be (unless you peek into the official Guidebook), and the Heroes Association only makes up threat levels only AFTER a threat has been witnessed and assessed (see how Sea King's ranking went up). And no one witnessed the fight between Saitama and Boros.
No one even know boros existed except saitama since sweet mask murder all the alien that could have told HA about him.

PS; we also dont have a clear criteria to the ranking because if we give a demon level enough time he ccan destroy multiple cities but that doesn't mean he is dragon level. If the criteria is that they are capable of destroy like said the earth with one attack to be god level than boros might not fit that criteria.

Last edited by luffyxnami; 2015-12-20 at 20:57.
Old 2015-12-20, 21:43   Link #1466
ChampDream
Alive

awesome and epic last episode, it was so great.
Old 2015-12-20, 22:27   Link #1467
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh God, I love TornadoXSaitama! <3

Quote:
And what proof do you have that it is NOT hyperbole? Boros did say he 'ravaged the universe', and that his attack will 'blast you and this planet to hell'. Thinking that this particular translation had liberties, the manga scans I found used the phrases 'laid waste to the universe' and 'wipe you out together with the planet's surface'. I like the last one, because while it's not as bad as destroying the planet, it's specific enough that it ravages the entire planet's surface. That is still plenty enough to put the entire humanity in peril, but describing how it would do so was a nice touch in that translation.

Think of it logically as well, Boros has 'dominated' multiple planets, and no one was able to challenge him like Saitama. We've got people like Tornado who can pull meteors to strike the earth, and enough of those will put humanity in peril. Clearly Saitama is head and shoulders above Tornado, but of the many planets he defeated surely there were many of Tornado's power level there. Tornado after all was barely doing any damage to the ship (heck she looked REALLY surprised that the ship was crashing), and her being able to fell meteors, it speaks how much stronger the ship is and in turn how powerful Boros is.

Not only that, but it was shown in the anime that Boros was using the ship's energy core to power his Roaring Cannon. He literally was using his ship to augment his already terrifying power. If Boros himself isn't God level by himself, surely Boros + the power of a ship that can travel faster than light surely is.

So no, the onus is on YOU my friend to prove that Boros was merely being hyperbolic. Everything up to this points to Boros could have and would have wiped out humanity.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 22:30   Link #1468
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That one hell of a kick he took and the last punch was just so sweet

8/10 Need anther season
Old 2015-12-20, 22:40   Link #1469
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh God, I love TornadoXSaitama! <3

And what proof do you have that it is NOT hyperbole? Boros did say he 'ravaged the universe', and that his attack will 'blast you and this planet to hell'. Thinking that this particular translation had liberties, the manga scans I found used the phrases 'laid waste to the universe' and 'wipe you out together with the planet's surface'. I like the last one, because while it's not as bad as destroying the planet, it's specific enough that it ravages the entire planet's surface. That is still plenty enough to put the entire humanity in peril, but describing how it would do so was a nice touch in that translation.

Think of it logically as well, Boros has 'dominated' multiple planets, and no one was able to challenge him like Saitama. We've got people like Tornado who can pull meteors to strike the earth, and enough of those will put humanity in peril. Clearly Saitama is head and shoulders above Tornado, but of the many planets he defeated surely there were many of Tornado's power level there. Tornado after all was barely doing any damage to the ship (heck she looked REALLY surprised that the ship was crashing), and her being able to fell meteors, it speaks how much stronger the ship is and in turn how powerful Boros is.

Not only that, but it was shown in the anime that Boros was using the ship's energy core to power his Roaring Cannon. He literally was using his ship to augment his already terrifying power. If Boros himself isn't God level by himself, surely Boros + the power of a ship that can travel faster than light surely is.

So no, the onus is on YOU my friend to prove that Boros was merely being hyperbolic. Everything up to this points to Boros could have and would have wiped out humanity.
What, so I gotta prove that it's hyperole? ok first prove the tentacle alien "compare" his gravity power to that of a black hole, clearly hyperbole, this pretty much show the villain hyperbole their power alot. Also try looking up stuff like data book and stuff to see if he hyperbolic or not. Also have you seen the alien that serve him? all of them except three or weak as hell so I doubt the alien in space are that tough to be on the level of tatsumaki. Plus we have no idea what level tatsumaki is, seeing as she is able to pull down a meteor she is probably dragon and we have no idea how her fight with boros would have turn out either, she probably lose but probably by a small margin.

So those are some prove that I can give you, so what do you got to back yourself up? sci fi logic that might not even apply to this anime? Even if boros use the ship core to power himself up, it sill didnt show that it have the power to lay waste to the earth surface, maybe a portion but not all of the surface and he have to put all of his energy into that so I doubt that qualify as god class. That's like saying a demon class have to use all of his energy to waste/destroy half a city.

Last edited by luffyxnami; 2015-12-20 at 22:50.
Old 2015-12-20, 22:51   Link #1470
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Boros is below God level and above Dragon level threat.
Old 2015-12-20, 22:59   Link #1471
bakato

Quote:
What, so I gotta prove that it's hyperole? ok first prove the tentacle alien "compare" his gravity power to that of a black hole, clearly hyperbole, this pretty much show the villain hyperbole their power alot. Also try looking up stuff like data book and stuff to see if he hyperbolic or not. Also have you seen the alien that serve him? all of them except three or weak as hell so I doubt the alien in space are that tough to be on the level of tatsumaki. Plus we have no idea what level tatsumaki is, seeing as she is able to pull down a meteor she is probably dragon and we have no idea how her fight with boros would have turn out either, she probably lose but probably by a small margin.

So those are some prove that I can give you, so what do you got to back yourself up? sci fi logic that might not even apply to this anime? Even if boros use the ship core to power himself up, it sill didnt show that it have the power to lay waste to the earth surface, maybe a portion but not all of the surface and he have to put all of his energy into that so I doubt that qualify as god class. That's like saying a demon class have to use all of his energy to waste/destroy one city.
That was obvious considering the floating squid was depicted as a joke character destined to get one shoted. A lot? How many villains in this series even described the strength of their attacks? So every time a villain describes the magnitude of their attack it's a hyperbole? That sort of answer simply doesn't accept anything a villain says. Everything is weak against Saitama, but those underlings gave the other S class a run for their money and just because they were weak doesn't mean Boros was weak. Have you already forgotten how he survived Saitama's punch? This was the ultimate battle with the strongest villain shown so far. Do you really think the author would've had Boros make an exaggerated claim about his final attack?

As for the source, ONE stated in an interview that Boros was above dragon. He didn't say god, but it's likely due to the fact that his final planet-incinerating trump card would have taken too much out of him and killed him.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:08   Link #1472
luffyxnami

Quote:
That was obvious considering the floating squid was depicted as a joke character destined to get one shoted. A lot? How many villains in this series even described the strength of their attacks? So every time a villain describes the magnitude of their attack it's a hyperbole? That sort of answer simply doesn't accept anything a villain says. Everything is weak against Saitama, but those underlings gave the other S class a run for their money and just because they were weak doesn't mean Boros was weak. Have you already forgotten how he survived Saitama's punch?

As for the source, ONE stated in an interview that Boros was above dragon. He didn't say god, but it's likely due to the fact that his final planet-incinerating trump card would have taken too much out of him and killed him.
Look at data book, it tell you what class he is in, and you even said ONE said he is not god, so basically you are argueing with the author, good luck with that. Dont throw in your assumption when there are like two sources against you.

Another thing you need to realize just cause they are in the same rank doesn't mean they are equal, it's not like all the demon rank monster are all have equal power with each other or something, there are class in the rank to like maybe high, medium or lower or something. Just putting them in the same rank doesn't automatically mean they are of equal strength, even if boros is dragon doesn't mean he is equal to other dragon threat like for example that meteor or the monster at the end of the anime, heck I doubt the monster even equal the meteor.
Old 2015-12-20, 23:10   Link #1473
demonicslayer

Well, this year's one of the best anime has come to an end. It was fun to watch and enjoyable.
demonicslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:14   Link #1474
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Funny thing is that to Boros it was an exhausting exercise and the only thing that stopped him breaking his limits is his fear of dying.

When Saitama did his training he didn't use AC or heating making feel he was going to die.

That is why he is so strong now.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:22   Link #1475
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

That was amazing! Definitely the best anime this year for me.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:26   Link #1476
eiyuuou

His ultimate could make him God rank (temp), even if he has to die for it.
Old 2015-12-20, 23:34   Link #1477
Akashin

Quote:
Look at data book, it tell you what class he is in, and you even said ONE said he is not god, so basically you are argueing with the author, good luck with that. Dont throw in your assumption when there are like two sources against you.
You either misunderstood what he said or are deliberately twisting it. ONE said that Boros is "above Dragon." Whether that means above Dragon but below God, or if he meant God but didn't say it, is up in the air AFAIK.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:38   Link #1478
bakato

Quote:

Another thing you need to realize just cause they are in the same rank doesn't mean they are equal, it's not like all the demon rank monster are all have equal power with each other or something, there are class in the rank to like maybe high, medium or lower or something. Just putting them in the same rank doesn't automatically mean they are of equal strength, even if boros is dragon doesn't mean he is equal to other dragon threat like for example that meteor or the monster at the end of the anime, heck I doubt the monster even equal the meteor.
No, I didn't. Read it again. ONE didn't say he was god. That's not that same as "ONE said he wasn't god."

Obviously, the ranks given by the Association based on their limited information are hardly accurate. ONE's assessment is obviously true, but I take his views on danger levels to be more ideal. To him, a true god class threat could exterminate humanity with ease. Boros could only achieve this feat at the cost of his life so I don't think he qualified by ONE's standards, but going by the strict definition of threatening to exterminate all of humanity Boros and his planet-incinerating trump card does make him a god class threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Funny thing is that to Boros it was an exhausting exercise and the only thing that stopped him breaking his limits is his fear of dying.

When Saitama did his training he didn't use AC or heating making feel he was going to die.

That is why he is so strong now.
That's not right. Case in point, he was willing to die to take out Saitama. The only reason he didn't use it until now was that there was no reason to. No one's ever been able to push him so far.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:40   Link #1479
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
You either misunderstood what he said or are deliberately twisting it. ONE said that Boros is "above Dragon." Whether that means above Dragon but below God, or if he meant God but didn't say it, is up in the air AFAIK.
I think ONE said it that way due to Boros capable of destroying multiple cities (which I think he is capable of if he wants to at his peak) and even entire humanrace if there are no heroes to stop him. The problem in the show is we do not have a comparison for a disaster ranking under God. So, how would you classified that without a comparison. What kind of monster would make a blow in the earth crust that can classified under GOD. For me, no point keep comparing until we have an incident where they classified it under GOD .
demonicslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:43   Link #1480
luffyxnami

Quote:
No, I didn't. Read it again. ONE didn't say he was god. That's not that same as "ONE said he wasn't god."

Obviously, the ranks given by the Association based on their limited information are hardly accurate. ONE's assessment is obviously true, but I take his views on danger levels to be more ideal. To him, a true god class threat could exterminate humanity with ease. Boros could only achieve this feat at the cost of his life so I don't think he qualified by ONE's standards, but going by the strict definition of threatening to exterminate all of humanity Boros and his planet-incinerating trump card does make him a god class threat.

That's not right. Case in point, he was willing to die to take out Saitama. The only reason he didn't use it until now was that there was no reason to. No one's ever been able to push him so far.
The data book back up what one said, there is no prove what so ever that Boros attack would do what he said it would. One never said Boros was god class plus combine with the data book clearly make him dragon class no matter how you cut it. One is the one who decide the standard and the rank not you, unless you can prove that Boros attack can even do what he said it would or you are just speaking fantasy. If he was god rank ONE would have said so but didn't so it mean he was the peak of dragon class. Also the data book might not be all base from the HA assessment since they don't even know Boros existed.

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero