AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-22, 21:59   Link #361
Magewolf

Angie was treated very badly by the last two episodes. First she had a slideshow fight and now they neutered her "choke a bitch" moment. She was supposed to lift ring hair up by her throat with one hand,slam her against the wall and hold her up there slowly strangling her as she talked to her. Then Angie tells her that a lot of people seemed to think she could be trifled with now so perhaps she should just make an example of her(kill her). That is when ring hair's minions try to make a move and Angie stops them with her "I will crush you".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 04:39   Link #362
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Does she looks like someone who would slap others in first place to you? Ange assaulting people is consistent, she is prone to oubursts after all, but did Olivia ever showed spine? We are talking about disparaging people she cares most after family, but she didn't get even angry on their behalf only flustered. It's not that she doesn't care, but she is completely non-confrontial. If you are saying such person would slap someone "reflexively" regardless whether she thinks of them just as "fellow human" or not, I have to press X.
During Leon's duel with the prince she defended Angie (who she barely knew) when the prince claimed that Angie didn't love him.

And like I mentioned, she defended both Leon and Angie at different times before being immediately shot down and then getting defended by Leon/Angie.

I think that even in the game she gets protected a lot by her chosen love interest, like protagonists of many shoujo stories are. She's someone with a non-combat power so more like the protagonist of Escanflorwer rather than Sailor Moon.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 06:14   Link #363
Tenzen12

I am aware and I didn't say she never attempted defend them. That's not same as actually taking stand. She hesitantly speak up, she get yelled on, she shut up and backs out. As I said she cares, but she is not good with confrontations. Well, noone yelled on her during duel If her character was consistent she it would go by route I described (but given that my issue is inconstency in first place I admit it might go either way, really).

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2022-05-23 at 06:24.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 07:09   Link #364
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, noone yelled on her during duel If her character was consistent she it would go by route I described (but given that my issue is inconstency in first place I admit it might go either way, really).
Nobody would have yelled at her if she slapped the prince either. Since the prince would have been amazed that she dared hit him and became interested in her.

And in the first arc Marie was supposed to be acting like Oliva right? She was always hiding behind the princes during the Angie confrontations.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 09:46   Link #365
Tenzen12

That's false equivalence. Barely speaking up and assaulting someone requires different amount of guts. Even if she was much more outspoken that wouldn't mean she would be able randomly slap someone actually there wouldn't be even necessity to do so.

And again Blue might be dumbass, but he's not actively malicious do you truly think he said or did something worse pre game derailment then anything we got in anime so far?

As for Maria, yes she's Olivias stand in and she is indeed always hiding be prince. Isn't that even further evidence that slaping him was completely out of character?
Old 2022-05-23, 14:13   Link #366
AndrewR5D4

Anyone else bugged by Leon's mob mentality? This isn't the actual game, and the girls clearly like him. Besides, seeing how Angie and Livia are outcasts too, it's not like anyone else at the academy wants to marry either of them. Not to mention every other girl at the school hates Leon's guts. His choices for wives are very limited.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 18:23   Link #367
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Anyone else bugged by Leon's mob mentality? This isn't the actual game, and the girls clearly like him. Besides, seeing how Angie and Livia are outcasts too, it's not like anyone else at the academy wants to marry either of them. Not to mention every other girl at the school hates Leon's guts. His choices for wives are very limited.
You clearly haven't been reading our discussions. The short answer is yes.
Old 2022-05-23, 23:32   Link #368
mickbis

That basically Leon bad part as he always treat himself as a mob
and want to stay in background despite every people see him in spotlight.
It in his desire to stay out of all the troublesome matter while getting drag deeper and deeper.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 02:25   Link #369
AndrewR5D4

Another thing I don't quite understand is why all these opportunistic (and decidedly horrid) noble girls are still obsessed with the prince and his gang. They've all been stripped of their status and disinherited, and now they're being supported by Marie (who's already struggling to pay her family's debts off). In comparison, Leon is rich, possesses vast military power, has connections with very influential people, is the youngest knight in years, and was recently promoted into the upper noble ranks...

He now has everything that spoiled rich girls would be looking for in a partner. Even if they still hate him, wouldn't it be smarter to pretend otherwise in order to obtain more riches and influence?
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 02:32   Link #370
mickbis

Quote:
Another thing I don't quite understand is why all these opportunistic (and decidedly horrid) noble girls are still obsessed with the prince and his gang. They've all been stripped of their status and disinherited, and now they're being supported by Marie (who's already struggling to pay her family's debts off). In comparison, Leon is rich, possesses vast military power, has connections with very influential people, is the youngest knight in years, and was recently promoted into the upper noble ranks...

He now has everything that spoiled rich girls would be looking for in a partner. Even if they still hate him, wouldn't it be smarter to pretend otherwise in order to obtain more riches and influence?
His attitude piss entire Schools off aside from selected few like Leon's male friend and Charice's biker followers especially the first duel ( this two group are the one that bet on Leon ).
He bet on himself using his entire fortune when he see that the betting could be cancel because no one bet on him so it attract them to the point that some of them even borrow money to bet on the prince and friends.

in Novel it state that, aside from Marie who have to went to dungeon along with the boys. the rest of students also have to enter dungeon for entire summer break because they end up in debt due to the bet to the point that it become
>> "The amount of students who explore dungeon during summer break is the highest in history" <<
and to add salt into injuries, Leon himself purposely provoke their stupid behaviors damaged their pride in the process

also at this point, he is still in Baron rank so his title isn't that high combine with the fact that noble girl attitude is still the same toward male aside from rich prince family
Old 2022-05-24, 09:30   Link #371
maximilianjenus
[E]

youngest knight is still just a knight.

Leon is rich, but who knows that? his assets are in cash so he is like a modern drug dealer in that sense, the only visible good he has are the small island, and that was true even before he pissed off the school and made enemies do everyone on this generation.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 02:34   Link #372
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm still very interested in this show but, my god, the mecha battle is beyond rough.

The anime team is already struggling to animate the human characters. And yet with such limitation, they had to animate the mecha in 2D handdrawn way. I mean, I admire their choice to go handdrawn but I would be lying if I say the result is not bad. Like, the mecha fight animation & direction in Zeta Gundam from 1985 TV series ran circles around this show.

Old 2022-05-27, 09:07   Link #373
maximilianjenus
[E]

well at this level the cgi would have been like kumo , so handdrawn fits better
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 17:28   Link #374
Rasty

Quote:

Face and attitude I guess. Leon might be kind and do lots of good, but he presents it in a thick wrapping of being a jerk.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 08:41   Link #375
mickbis

Leon mob mentality is really frustrating this episode even if he himself grow attached to Olivia and feel super piss over the pirate boss to the point that he deployed the Axe and almost kill the pirate.
now with Livia at the bottom of her mentality.. thing look broken for the trio relation.
Old 2022-05-29, 09:09   Link #376
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Leon may be failing successfully from laying low and not getting promoted but he's failing spectacularly at handling his relationship with the two girls. His mob mentality is his biggest fault and it would need a really big something to shake that up. Luxion telling it to him isn't enough since Luxion's just an AI and he also sort of hates Leon too. A school trip can definitely stage a big event which hopefully will snap him out of his mentality.

Also, Marie seems to be dungeon crawling. Leon did say one of the three items of the Saint is in a dungeon. They're going to be one a piece when she gets it since Leon just obtained the necklace. Though Marie may still get an advantage as the third one, the staff was said to be with the Temple/Church. If Marie gets recognized as the Saint when she has the bangle from the dungeon, she may also get the staff too. That's for the future as the last episodes will be for this school trip.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 10:05   Link #377
Rasty

I hate this type of MC. Don't get me wrong, his acting as a jerk is OK. What I hate is his constant complaining about his situation, yet very thoroughly intentionally crushing any chance of it improving even at the cost of hurting everyone he cares about.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 11:07   Link #378
Xiyon

The Mob Mentality thing is the one blemish on an otherwise fun story-telling. I didn't understand it in the manga; still don't understand it in the anime. Maybe the LN delivered it better but, at least in the two media I've experienced, it feels like cheap drama.

Like... does Leon _really_ expect Brad and Greg would suddenly fall in love with Olivia and the game-setting will just fall into place after Marie thoroughly inserted herself into the harem protagonist role?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 11:11   Link #379
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Like... does Leon _really_ expect Brad and Greg would suddenly fall in love with Olivia and the game-setting will just fall into place after Marie thoroughly inserted herself into the harem protagonist role?
The dumbest part is that he thinks the game routes are still viable but then Leon is Marie's brother and the same person who isekai'ed themselves by forgetting to eat and sleep and while rage playing the original otoge. He's really not that bright.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 11:28   Link #380
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways I'm at least glad they didn't try to resolve all this in one episode. At least the story seems to be at least aware that Leon's mob mentality is a flaw and issue. Even with being challenged throughout this episode he still doesn't really get it. He's really just stumbling around right now. Seeing things like Livia being destined to be with those guys, but not trusting her destiny to get things done either. Thus him going around trying to secure her protagonist rare items. How he plans on giving those to her when he's also distancing himself from her, I'm not sure.

At least things are setting up for Livia to find her breakthrough moment. Her powers are still clearly there with shutting down the robots trying to stop her through that special voice she has. Of course it only led to her walking into danger, but hey...she's trying things . It did also allow those guys to step up. Regardless of Leon being stupid, it shows that they are good guys. They have already locked themselves into the Marie route. There's no romantic interest in Livia, but just protecting her because that was the right thing to do.

Kind of funny that Marie is actually trying on her own (almost) to take action. Yes, she's pretty dumb to be challenging a dungeon she isn't ready for because she wants the protagonist items for herself. But in a sense she and Leon are both equally dumb in focusing on game items ahead of everything else.

At least Julius remains consistent. He's still really dumb and his friend is only enabling him to remain that dumb. I feel so bad for the Queen. Thankfully she is distanced from things right now or she'd feel even more depressed seeing how dumb Leon is being too.

Guess we'll see how they pull all this together in the remaining episodes.

Tags
harem