AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 15:48   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

12 chapters? Wow. I figured it was rushed, but not to that extent. I'll have to check the manga out once the show is over.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:29   Link #82
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So dissapointed that this is only going to be 13 episodes!

Do we have confirmation for this? I'm too lazy to search jap sites for this and anidb has " unknown number of episodes".
Old 2012-04-04, 16:42   Link #83
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I haven't seen any info on episode count either though I didn't look beyond Moonphase. That said, Cal Syoboi list the schedule for 12 episodes only.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:50   Link #84
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Do we have confirmation for this? I'm too lazy to search jap sites for this and anidb has " unknown number of episodes".
Well from what I remember the original source people used to claim this was broadcaster YTV's english website,I remember seeing it indicate 13 episodes but looking at it now that seems to have been removed.

That website also indicated 48 episodes for Space Bros but that turned out to be wrong so maybe the info on zetman was incorrect too,but it definatly feels paced like a 1 cour rather than a 2 cour show.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:52   Link #85
Echoes

Gotta get on the "rushed"-bandwagon with this one.

Everything was introduced and happened so quickly that the supporting cast, the grandfather in particular, came across as set pieces, there for nothing but emotional manipulation and "sad backstory" set-up. Still, the episode was pretty engaging, and I feel there's a lot of potential for improvement in the following episodes. Definitely following this one.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:32   Link #86
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man I was thinking after the fight at the end if things were really going to get just that much more shitty for Jin, but fortunately this series doesn't appear so dark that they'd kill the hooker with a heart of good that looks like she'll be his guardian.

Aside from the first 5 or so minutes which were basically all blitz-paced expository dialogue I really didn't find that too rushed like other people, but yeah up until about the part where his grandpa died I got a little bit of whiplash. Aside from that it just looks like there's a lot going on all at the same time and they want to launch us right into this story for better or worse. It seems almost certain that Jin's friends father has something to do with that underground betting ring too, he just seems the type to have some big role in all of this.

Aside from that I feel like I just watched the latest Go Nagai adaptation. I'll keep this for now since I really don't get to see a lot of TV shows that are this grim anymore. It's something that these days feels different (I'd only ever expect to see this kind of content in an OVA and Movie in 2012 ) and I kind of appreciate that.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:45   Link #87
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well from what I remember the original source people used to claim this was broadcaster YTV's english website,I remember seeing it indicate 13 episodes but looking at it now that seems to have been removed.

That website also indicated 48 episodes for Space Bros but that turned out to be wrong so maybe the info on zetman was incorrect too,but it definatly feels paced like a 1 cour rather than a 2 cour show.
The information regarding Space Brothers is most likely correct - ANN made a mistake when reporting it as a 1-cour show which they retracted afterwards, so we've got no reason to stop believing the original source anymore, what with it still being from one of the producing companies.

Anyway, Zetman is indeed confirmed for 13 episodes, as shown by the BD/DVD listings (with 6 volumes in total).
Old 2012-04-04, 18:43   Link #88
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

12-13 episodes? Doesn't look like it will be enough for this kind of shows. But it was definitely faster-paced than what would be best. But it does seem pretty promising though, let's hope the pacing does not ruin the story.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:22   Link #89
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this is a freaking sweet show. its just straight up action, which i haven't watched in a while. it didn't feel that rushed. like a lot of stuff happened, but it didn't feel "rushed," just "moved fast."

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 02:46   Link #90
konart

Well, if 1 cour is confirmed... then it's a pity. There is no way of adapting 190+ chapters into a 1 cour anime ;(
Old 2012-04-05, 06:52   Link #91
Arya

Really. It would be a bit senseless trying to compress all that chapters in 13 episodes. Unless there are many subplots they can cut away focusing only on the main cast.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:52   Link #92
klare

read the first few manga chapters some time ago, noticed some changes but that is fine

Jin being the innocent and naive kid but at the same time asked for money in helping others is not fine, makes no sense

may put it on hold until the uncensored version released
Old 2012-04-05, 13:45   Link #93
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well, if 1 cour is confirmed... then it's a pity. There is no way of adapting 190+ chapters into a 1 cour anime ;(
Someone mentioned that Katsura (the author) confirmed that the anime
Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2012-04-05, 14:03   Link #94
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Jin being the innocent and naive kid but at the same time asked for money in helping others is not fine, makes no sense
He wanted to live in a nice house with grandpa. Grandpa said they couldn't because it costs a lot of money.

So, he goes and performs good deeds in order to earn lots of money. I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

Edit: What... I thought the opening song was very catchy... : | I can't stop listening to it.

Last edited by Yuutsu; 2012-04-05 at 14:15.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 14:54   Link #95
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for Stuff:
That kindo makes me want to stop watching it.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 15:00   Link #96
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for Stuff:
One thing is to have some events altered to lead us to an alternative ending. Cutting out 2\3 of material and making a short story without a decent background is completely different.
I more or less okay with alternative endings and even story, but this show being 12-13 episodes long+alternative ending is like a bad omen.
All shit that is about to happen is just a stupid game without a background.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:41   Link #97
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The manga spent almost an entire volume expanding on Jin and Akemi's interaction, how they bonded and became a family, mother and son, etc.

They just zipped past all those in this anime in 10 min.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:45   Link #98
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The manga spent almost an entire volume expanding on Jin and Akemi's interaction, how they bonded and became a family, mother and son, etc.
Yeah, as I browsed through those pages, the Akemi's hug in the hospital was much more powerful than the anime portrayal of it.
Old 2012-04-06, 02:05   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yeah, as I browsed through those pages, the Akemi's hug in the hospital was much more powerful than the anime portrayal of it.
Exactly the same for me - I liked the premiere enough to be curious about what the anime skipped. Both the art and the storytelling in those Akemi scenes were terrific, and the hospital scene did have more of a payoff.

Still - I liked the premiere for what it was. It's just too bad such a well-regarded manga could only get a one-cour adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:10   Link #100
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Still - I liked the premiere for what it was. It's just too bad such a well-regarded manga could only get a one-cour adaptation.
I'm guessing that a lot of us has already figured it out that the producers may not think the show would do well enough to justify more than it's current scheduled run on TV. If it receives well enough and do well financially, perhaps they will redo it....

Tags
action, seinen