Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 17:03   Link #1261
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
As long as you aren't terribad, I'm fine with fighting you. I can only use Bang though, so don't expect a lot of variety fighting me.
a fellow Bang player, nice. I'm no all the time for this and other fighting games, PSN = iw2ma, just in case someone wants to plaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Old 2010-05-04, 18:22   Link #1262
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
o Man I hope that Taokaka lookalike is one of her alternate colors...
Old 2010-05-04, 21:28   Link #1263
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Okay okay first things first. You guys remember when I posted about the Japanese version of CS having only Japanese text and English voices only in battles?

Well, turns out it's true. An Aksys rep has acknowledged this as the case on Dustloop, and it was even brought to attention by the person who would've been in charge of the US LE for CS on Aksys' own forums. Which then brings me to my second announcement... there is NOT going to be an LE of BBCS in the US. They did not have enough time to make one.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:41   Link #1264
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

instead they choose to release a LE stick for 200 bucks... haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:45   Link #1265
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
instead they choose to release a LE stick for 200 bucks... haha
The Hori CS stick looks better, has nicer art. The TE that Aksys got Madkatz to make a limited number of... the art on that looks like something that some random guy made in a few minutes while messing with Photoshop.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:11   Link #1266
Xion Valkyrie

I just wanna see some more Mu-12 shots =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 18:09   Link #1267
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammamBakr

Tokyo vs Kanagawa 14 on 14. Goro wins 9 in a row with /\. much more impressive than that bang shit. happened 3/22, so its a bit old, but its finally up on youtube.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-05, 18:16   Link #1268
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammamBakr

Tokyo vs Kanagawa 14 on 14. Goro wins 9 in a row with /\. much more impressive than that bang shit.
Yes, I mentioned that in my previous post.

Goro's Lambda ranks 1st in Tokyo's Club Sega, with Satoshi's Bang 2nd.

He's one of the best Blazblue players now.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 21:18   Link #1269
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I recall watching a couple of the pre-match clips at one of Club Sega's many local ranbats, Goro was pretty cocky and yet funny (claiming how it would be hard for him to lose, lol), while Satoshi well he's pretty known for being rather laid back although he still likes to taunt his opponents in the pre-match talk, hehe.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 08:33   Link #1270
leodamine
Divine Akuma

@slyphic and iwatch2muchanime

sorry, I haven't had time to add you guys or get online after requesting a match >_>. I've just been pretty busy around here, with studying and whatnot.

Here's what else, I've been whoring myself off to order a stick, and I plan on ordering it within the next few days, so once it comes in, I won't be able to fight on my usual level. I'd rather not disappoint, so once I get decent with it, I can verse ya guys.
Old 2010-05-06, 20:52   Link #1271
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

you can feel free to add me. psn id bonsai1214

i'm a pretty bad Nu...

Old 2010-05-07, 18:32   Link #1272
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Got a stick...for the 360 >_________> but I got it for $30 since they had it at gamestop and I had an edge card with $20 on it. Anyways, guess I won't be on psn anytime soon. I don't wanna be tempted to go back to pad, since I'm not that good with the stick yet. I'm surprised how much easier it is to pull off certain moves though. I could never consistently get out 632146 out on the pad.

Last edited by leodamine; 2010-05-07 at 18:33. Reason: forgot to add something
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 23:25   Link #1273
Westlo
Lets be reality

When I first got my first stick I got really frustrated, I was swapping between stick for charge characters (so much better) and pad for qcf characters (this was for sf4). Evidently I had to bite the bullet and no longer used the pad. I still suck at doing qcfx2 moves from the player 1 side but I definitely think I'm better on the stick.

Blazblue really did help me with dashing though.. I sucked at it while doing SFIV but when Blazblue came out it helped me alot since it's really required.. So yeah stick with the stick.. try not to rage quit on it, especially if your performance is far below how it was on the pad.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 23:31   Link #1274
leodamine
Divine Akuma

I plan on learning someone who I suck with and never use (maybe Ragna to keep it simple and then jump to litchi) that way I can see an improvement, instead of a drop if I keep using Bang. Or maybe Rachel, since I'm so terrible with her it hurts.
Old 2010-05-08, 00:11   Link #1275
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

I suck at SRK motions on stick, like REALLY do. But I can play Bang on stick fine for some reason, just like I can play Kilik in Soul Calibur fine on stick, but only them.
Old 2010-05-08, 02:04   Link #1276
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I still suck at doing qcfx2 moves from the player 1 side but I definitely think I'm better on the stick.
Yeah, I suck at 236236 moves on sticks too. A quarter of the time I attempt them I end up doing a 623 move instead. Try to do Shinku Hadoken, ends up as Shoryuken.

(Excuse my numpad notation, I just prefer it over "QCF", "QCB", "HCB" and all that because acronyms can be a freakin' pain).
Old 2010-05-08, 03:22   Link #1277
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

just find a way to time yourself, like doing a special input in the first 236 if your character allows it.

Example: when doing Tao's berserk barrage super, instead of doing 236236D, do 236B > 236D and the super will still come out since 236B is not a valid input for her it'll just register the 236 motion, but pressing B will still help your timing. You can even do it relaxed inside a combo (like 5B > 5C > 236B > 236D) and you'll connect it no problem. It's just a way to train yourself and muscle-memorize the tempo for the motion without rushing it.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2010-05-10 at 19:54.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 07:01   Link #1278
Tsuchi

Maybe not the best thread for this, but I think I can get answers.

I have my eye put on this Universal Fighting Stick. The reviews seem pretty positiva about it.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...k-70-3d9n.html

The price seems more than reasonable. Anyone here who tried it/heard any review about it? I'm seriously considering buying it.

Last edited by Tsuchi; 2010-05-08 at 07:12.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 10:21   Link #1279
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
For sticks, get into training mode, try to do a series of maybe 20 of each move, from both sides. If you miss one, restart the whole series.

Then up it and try to do 30, then 40, etc. Yes, it's boring as hell but it's the only way of honing your execution IMO.

I'm actually building myself an arcade stick--gonna make one for shmups (Seimitsu stick) and another one for fighting games (Sanwa stick). I'm more of a shmup player so the Seimitsu one will have priority--hopefully I should have some pictures when it's ready.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:36   Link #1280
Westlo
Lets be reality

I can kinda do qcfx2 super/ultra moves on the player 1 side while in training or to punish a whiffed move (though if its an ultra or something that puts them in the air and I've got time I dash under to the 2p side if possible than punish), it's generally comboing that I.. ah .. I guess choke? With the SFIV FADC system I'm actually better at it from the player 1 side (like 95% compared to 75%) but I can't combo the Ultra afterwards for shit. It's annoying when my muscle memory makes me FADC without thinking on the left side sometimes lol..

What gate is the Hori sticks and Madcatz TE sticks again anyway? Square?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360