011 - 020: Awful... 1 1.56%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Duel Masters... 2 3.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-11, 03:15   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^You still didn't dislike it as much as Fishman ...then again, maybe Fishman is just a big Duel Masters fan .

This is average Shippuden animation (slightly better than the filler arcs, not as good as the best episodes), in fact this is better animation than several anime shows (Shippuden at its worst is still average overall with the majority of animation out there), and within the arc itself the last episode had worse animation.
Next week should have Scooby, never liked it^^
I've got to agree with James when it comes to animation though. I'm 100% sure that nobody's watching JUST Naruto these days, and compared to other anime it's still above avg.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 05:06   Link #62
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrk View Post
They literally have a prejudice against Naruto, I can't remember one time they gave him good animation since Zabuza unless it had Sasuke in it.
That is so true
Even in part 1 I remember Naruto vs Kiba getting super crappy animation so that Gaara vs Rock Lee could get a Suzuki episode.

Last edited by neshru; 2010-06-11 at 06:22.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:56   Link #63
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dang can't wait for episode 166. It is going to be the best yet!

More action in this episode. Not bad.
Old 2010-06-11, 14:40   Link #64
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Dang can't wait for episode 166. It is going to be the best yet!

More action in this episode. Not bad.
Yes, the next episode must be awesome. The preview was very good.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 14:46   Link #65
neshru

Next episode is 165
Old 2010-06-11, 15:03   Link #66
iBeast

^No doubt....
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:44   Link #67
KaiokenAttack

Naruto's very very creative... what a tactician... he just showed an awesome combination there... and it seems he can definitely use Rasengan with the clones. He just used smoke bombs, that's very ninja-like, he used the tactics he himself invented... flying henge shuuriken... it's just what he used with Sasuke and it seems both still like to use that combined technique they once used against Zabusa.

Naruto was just awesome.
Old 2010-06-11, 17:02   Link #68
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Next week should have Scooby, never liked it^^
I've got to agree with James when it comes to animation though. I'm 100% sure that nobody's watching JUST Naruto these days, and compared to other anime it's still above avg.
But if people watch FMA Brotherhood along with anything else these days, all other anime just seem to cop out on visual and animation quality.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 19:48   Link #69
king12354

Wasn't a great episode. It seemed like Naruto lost focus on why he was fighting Pain.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 21:42   Link #70
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Wasn't a great episode. It seemed like Naruto lost focus on why he was fighting Pain.
Can you elaborate on this? I didn't get that feeling at all.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 01:37   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan View Post
But if people watch FMA Brotherhood along with anything else these days, all other anime just seem to cop out on visual and animation quality.
Masterpieces exempted
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 05:30   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan View Post
K-ON looks better than FMA
Old 2010-06-12, 09:52   Link #73
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
It's also very impressive to see how they've animated the rasengan. It's so much more bad ass in the anime than it is in the manga.
Defiantly, I thought the episode was pretty decent, naruto has really changed a lot and extremely powerful it looks like next week is his downfall I guess
Old 2010-06-12, 13:44   Link #74
Harumi-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Defiantly, I thought the episode was pretty decent, naruto has really changed a lot and extremely powerful it looks like next week is his downfall I guess
I totally agree with this.
Harumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 16:41   Link #75
Uchiha Soul

The ep was amazing, i wowed for Naruto, he become so smart .. but although the fight is great and i like it, i dont think its fair for pein to die like that .. they cant let Naruto beat pein all alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiokenAttack View Post
Naruto's very very creative... what a tactician... he just showed an awesome combination there... and it seems he can definitely use Rasengan with the clones. He just used smoke bombs, that's very ninja-like, he used the tactics he himself invented... flying henge shuuriken... it's just what he used with Sasuke and it seems both still like to use that combined technique they once used against Zabusa.

Naruto was just awesome.
I agree with you .. i had the same thought first time i saw the flying shuuriken .. this is what i like about Naruto, they combine the character feelings with his/her fighting styles and tactics .
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:18   Link #76
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

[QUOTE=Uchiha Soul;3089592]The ep was amazing, i wowed for Naruto, he become so smart .. but although the fight is great and i like it, i dont think its fair for pein to die like that .. they cant let Naruto beat pein all alone.

I don't think Pein is dead yet.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:40   Link #77
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lots of Naruto oldskool goodness in this one...Was nice to see some of his old moves redefined for a more upper-echelon fight...Loved the reserveruto's chilling in toadland waiting to be called up to the major leagues^^...In a weird way this fight kinda reminded me how Shinn defeated Kira in the snow-battle from GSD with the extraman trick...He's got two of them left so I'm not too worried about Naruto getting his hands ginsu'd...Pain coming down to earth a bit, but that basterd is too eerily calm...I guess his powers went on hiatus from the GOD ALMIGHTY PUSH from a couple eps back...

For the first time in forever I actually thought the music choices were alright...We got a new track eventhough it wasn't fast it was better than so many other ones...

Additionally I understand the gripes on the animation, but again that seems to be an 21 & under problem...I think older fans who grew up on VHS fansubs scoff at this animation being $hited upon...It was what it was, which is 75% of Naruto eps animation...

Kudos to the frog-gulp Rasengan kill of B!tchPain, although the froggies haven't done much more than vulture around...Everything else was good enuff for "Great"...
Old 2010-06-12, 19:37   Link #78
Shirikou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrk View Post
This is literally the worst-animated episode of anything I have ever seen in my entire life. So much untapped potential... why couldn't they make it like Sasuke's fight against Deidara, Itachi, or Hidan/Kakuzu fight? They literally have a prejudice against Naruto, I can't remember one time they gave him good animation since Zabuza unless it had Sasuke in it. The animators all have a boner for Sasuke, yet don't give a shit about Naruto, even during his most important fight ever. When the fight happens, everyone's just standing there watching each other do things. Naruto throws his Rasen-shuriken (they don't even show how it is formed, too lazy to animate that) and the Pains are just standing there for 2+ seconds, waiting to get hit. Ridiculous. In the manga they are literally scampering for their lives, moving as fast as they can, and they still get hit. In this anime it looks like they are playing a slow, boring chess game, no sense of urgency, action or skill at all. When I read the anime, I was utterly flabbergasted by Naruto's sheer display of power, speed and wits, and truly got convinced that he was one of the strongest people in the ninja world. Here when I watch it it is like everyone else just died against Pain because they weren't competent enough, and Naruto's just scoring hits because he's lucky and and he has slightly more of a hax power now. No sense of dynamics, I actually want to see the villagers slightly appreciating what's going on, instead of sitting there all wounded and broken whenever we see them. Why the f**k did they just do a play-by-play scene of the manga?! In every good animated fight that was ever done in this anime, they just used the manga as a rough guideline, focusing on the action and translating it into real-world dynamics. In this show I feel like I am reading a bad portrayal of the manga, practically color-version still shots while having slight pockets of animation just so they can say "oh yeah, we animated it. We did our job. Can we get our yen and go home now?"

Seriously, you know there is a problem with the anime when the manga was 10x more exciting to read than the show, and it's just a bunch of still colourless images. Words can't describe how disappointed I am with these episodes, so fuck whoever's responsible for ruining one of the best series in anime.
I totally agree!

Team Gai vs Kisame, the record holder for worst fight ever, was just replaced by naru vs pain. Last episodes highlight the 3sek frog pwng and they dare to show us that horrible clumsy shit. Way to slow looks like they are training, on top of that best moments are slowmo.

Good night everyone (looking forward to 166-167)
Shirikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 19:41   Link #79
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
i definalty have to agree with you on when naruto threw the rasen shuriken. The peins just stared at it for like 5 seconds and then tried to dodge when it was already close.
When the time rules were stated in the manga i already knew that the anime will be broken. For example god realm pain needs 5 seconds for recovery after using his jutsu, but in this episode after he repelled the rasenshuriken it took like 2 or 3 minutes before Naruto tried to hit him, and then when he uses shinra tensei again he states that it was a close one. Well i guess 3 minutes is quite close to 5 seconds in anime-time

But on the other hand we must not bash the animators, they were given an impossible task. It is impossible to animate a fight that is about 10 minutes long using 2 hours. It is obvious that Naruto can't maintain his sage mode for so long as the anime shows, and also it is obvious that the fight must be short because otherwise all the Konoha ninja would have time to organize and attack him, to help naruto. The whole fight was about Naruto's explosive power that does not give a chance for Pain to think of a strategy or make his bodies work together as a team. So the failure of the anime in that matter is not a major problem given the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
but although the fight is great and i like it, i dont think its fair for pein to die like that .. they cant let Naruto beat pein all alone.
The village gave the most important help to Naruto already: god realm was disabled for a long time because of his village-destoying jutsu. Naruto crushed 4 Pains so easily because god realm was unable to use it's ability. And the fight is not over yet...
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 00:45   Link #80
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Not really. It's not like you have to sacrifice the quality of the drawings to get solid animation. Sometimes it happens, depending on how a particular animator did a particular scene, but the drawings in any Suzuki episode look great 90% of the time. That's what Suzuki does, as an animation director. He doesn't come up with the animation, he just goes over the drawings and gives them his personal touch.
I've seen caps from Suzuki's episodes picked apart in the Konoha TV section of NF. The biggest complaint is how different the characters look. The main difference is the lack of shading and bright solid colors. Look at Hidan from episode 85. Then look at Hidan from 84. In 84 his features are well defined and shaded when you examine a frame of animation. So is Hirofumi Suzuki a bad artist? No. It just tells me his style is more conducive to a fluid style of animation. The animation from 85 is far superior to that of 84 and light years ahead of what we saw in 164.

Tags
weekly episode discussion