Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-06-28, 18:13   Link #1
gizmo
Monenenenee!

Gizmo's Art

Hey people, long time no see!
I've got some new art, based on the clip of Linkin Park.
Maybe worth looking at.. :P

watch the videoclip

view the original

Spoiler:
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 23:09   Link #2
kagetsu
3D Animator
*Artist

If I'm not mistaken Production IG is the ones behind the animation of it. Seems they went the route of keeping there new type of animation to what they did for Kill Bill. I like it alot actually its sort of the angle they went with FLCL and it almost mocks there new anime Dead Leaves perfectly. The only thing I can say about your pick is if your trying to mock that animation vary up the color more. They like to be very color oriented with many things and use nice shading techniques. Also compared to that style your lines are to clean, you come off rough outwards alot from the lines while that style makes there lines usually coming inwards to form the picture.
kagetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 04:59   Link #3
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Ok,a matter of personal opinion and advice,don't try to make your pictures look too 'rugged',an artist should always strive to make your pictures the smoothest as possible.(That means to make your work pieces look and feel 'smooth'&'clean')Unless you very experienced(Like Togashi-sensei,the creator of the HunterXHunter series)dont try to use the 'rough' style.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 20:53   Link #4
gizmo
Monenenenee!

@ kagetsu:

I see what you mean yes. But I've never intended to copy their style, this picture is drawn with the feelings I head with hearing that song. So It isn't just an atempt of comparing myself with that artist. Well thanks for your comment anyway

@ Inuzuka:

So you're saying that the picture didn't work out right? I said it was BASED on the clip, the feeling and the emotion. The style on the other hand doesn't resamble the art of the clip, because I don't have the materials for that kind of work.

I'm not sure what you're saying to me, that I have to keep myself with my own "old" style or something, instead of expanding my horizon on the field of art? Or just that the picture sucks? Please tell me, I'm not sure..
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 00:08   Link #5
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
I think the pic's awesome. Two thumbs up!!

Then again, if you've ever seen my art "thread", you'll see where I'm coming from. Some people only like the super-stylized anime style. And people let me know it (sort of).

(*shrugs*)

I'd love to see more of this kind of work.
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote