AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 13:14   Link #36881
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

I'll go with ... Yukikaze, or perhaps Violle.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:00   Link #36882
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*slinks away because people forgot about his Nanoha x DD xover...*
Old 2012-08-15, 19:53   Link #36883
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

....there is one?!
Old 2012-08-15, 20:10   Link #36884
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Too many OC, Meister.
Old 2012-08-15, 20:24   Link #36885
Lycodrake

I liked it, Meister...I'm just not good at commenting. ;~;
Old 2012-08-15, 20:25   Link #36886
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So it turns out my phone can create Word documents, which means I can do some writing when I'm at work (when I'm not napping during lunch, that is). So perhaps I'll have something soon... Once I finish reading Fate/Zero, that is

Just to have a writing related topic... Any authors here have any regrets regarding their career? You might think that mine is that certain incident, but I've gotten over that and accepted it as a learning experience. I do, however, regret writing certain fics for certain people that turned out to be... extremely fair weather friends, putting it mildly (I won't name names). I've considered deleting said fics but I suppose at this point that wouldn't have much of a point
Old 2012-08-15, 21:23   Link #36887
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I never visit OC thread that much because it's confusing T_T
Old 2012-08-16, 05:56   Link #36888
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
....there is one?!
Magical Lyrical Athra
The Next Generation

"The Honorbound"

Prologue
Spoiler for Prologue:

Phase 1.01

Spoiler:
That's as far as I got though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Too many OC, Meister.
You will never see the officers again, they were just mooks with names. The main characters are Sein and Schach on the cat side, and a new character I created especially for this story titled The Belkameister for the dog side of the investigation. The Aces were to play a role later, but I haven't gotten to that scene yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I liked it, Meister...I'm just not good at commenting. ;~;

I know how it is for FFTs, they tend to get buried in the conversations between authors. Just need to rear up and whore yourself subtly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Just to have a writing related topic... Any authors here have any regrets regarding their career? You might think that mine is that certain incident, but I've gotten over that and accepted it as a learning experience. I do, however, regret writing certain fics for certain people that turned out to be... extremely fair weather friends, putting it mildly (I won't name names). I've considered deleting said fics but I suppose at this point that wouldn't have much of a point
I wish I were a businessman, but I'm a doctor. Because I am just terrible at writing.

I write because I like it, but I sure as hell can never make a living out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I never visit OC thread that much because it's confusing T_T
I posted it here.
Old 2012-08-16, 06:32   Link #36889
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I wish I were a businessman, but I'm a doctor. Because I am just terrible at writing.

I write because I like it, but I sure as hell can never make a living out of it.
No, I when I said 'career' I didn't mean an actual professional career I meant the period time authors' have been doing fanfiction.
Old 2012-08-16, 07:31   Link #36890
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
No, I when I said 'career' I didn't mean an actual professional career I meant the period time authors' have been doing fanfiction.
I am Crack Writer Decade. Destroyer of Canon. Founder of Outercadia, and the one who ruined it in the end.

I am the soul of my inspiration.
The pen is my blade, and ink is my blood.
I have written over a thousand crosses.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
I have created a thousand fics,
and yet these hands will never finish them.

I have no regrets; this is my only path
So, as I pray...

"Unlimited Bluecheesium Works"

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Old 2012-08-16, 08:03   Link #36891
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah... that didn't answer my question
Old 2012-08-16, 10:02   Link #36892
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I can relate to that feeling somewhat, but my approach towards 'those kind of fics' are different.

The way I would say it is that I am ashamed to have published/shared some stuff that I have wrote for certain people as well ( none in the Nanoha fandom, but there are definitely stuff that I wanted to be rewritten altogether ), but I don't regret them. I mean, ultimately, I have a ton of notes and written stories that are only for my own eyes due to how horrilame they were, and to regret writing them would be a pity, even if they're crap.

To me, it's a learning experience to reflect on the stuff that I used to do or take for granted when writing. Ultimately, those stuff that I'm ashamed of have already been read by others, even if they exist in the depths of the interwebs known to few, so I'd rather just leave it as a piece to not forget the mistakes of one's youth.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:22   Link #36893
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Quite the opposite; I wish I had written more yunoha and chronofate fics when I was younger -_- I would have been an Excellent 'Demon King' to a certain pigheaded faction.

I wish I had written that Hayate/Verossa fic I had in mind so that certain individuals (Aaron) wouldn't feel too comfortable hogging her. I certainly could have done more for my absolute favorite crack Chrono-Carim pairing... it could have been gloriously erotic, yet wholesome fun.

But more than anything I wished I had played dress-up with Keroko (OC) more during those moments in the morning where Keroko senior wasn't around! Not to mention lowegear and his weird but tasty chainsaw wielding girl... don't get me started about flamespark and his foxgirl...

...Sigh, my youth was wasted and now I live a life of regret as an old(er) man...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:27   Link #36894
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah... that didn't answer my question
Long story short, I write like crap, but I have no regrets.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:24   Link #36895
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My only regret in writing is how my muse is such a selfish bitch that never helps me with what I write. Hence why all my updates to MercenarieS, Altered Course, and State of Affairs are all horribly delayed.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:56   Link #36896
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

@Chaos
Huh, long time no see.
@Rising
Eh, that pretty much happens to everyone.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:57   Link #36897
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's still frustrating when your muse is showering you with inspiration for a future combat scene when you're trying to write a different one.
Old 2012-08-16, 12:03   Link #36898
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

@Rising
Same here. Hell, mine pretty much show me the future, yet never the present.
Old 2012-08-16, 12:04   Link #36899
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I haven't regretted anything I've ever written in a "learning" kind of way. This thread, or rather OCT, was my introduction to writing which led me to where I am now. What I do regret is never being able to focus, having the very same problem Rising is mentioning. This is why almost 100% of my fanworks are incomplete and I resorted to shorts. I also regret jumping on bandwagons... that doesn't tend to work out well.

But due to this I've written quite a lot in the past 4 years and have several original projects ongoing. It also proved that I seem to have a knack for writing as long as I stick to it, which means becoming actually published isn't so far-fetched. In other words, my current quality (which is approaching pre-professional levels) wouldn't be where it is if I would regret my past writing.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:34   Link #36900
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
More from Santo~

Never Let Your Sword do the Talking
The Stages of Grief ...and Cheesecake

Spoiler for From Grief to Fury:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha