AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-11, 12:18   Link #1341
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Finished reading the latest chapter. The return of Teresa.

But before the final fight with Priscilla. Teresa have to deal with another number 1 first. Cassandra seeing an image of her best friend smiling before dying - I think that's a nice end for her.

Can't wait for next month.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 14:23   Link #1342
Dj0rel
True Believer

Summary of chapter 152 by God Eye Galatea from mangahelpers:
Spoiler for Ch152:
Old 2014-07-01, 17:20   Link #1343
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And so it has finally begun...
Old 2014-07-01, 19:18   Link #1344
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty intense start to the fight.
A part of me is glad Teresa let Priscilla recover to that extent, but it is without a doubt an immense risk.
Old 2014-07-01, 23:12   Link #1345
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Pretty intense start to the fight.
A part of me is glad Teresa let Priscilla recover to that extent, but it is without a doubt an immense risk.
It is Yagi's way to show 10% yoki relase is greater than 80% Abysal yoki release. whatever it means.

It is also Teresa's pride as a warrior, even she looks down on her title. The arena battle draws a lot of younger sisters crowd. All imouto warriors tried to figure out the ability gap between them and the strongest, especially Galatea and Audrey. I think they deserve #1 if not Alicia and Beth are taking the spot. Galeatea would be a medium level #1 and Audrey would be a weak #1.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 20:13   Link #1346
ShiroiRyu

Next chapter : The end of Priscilla ?
I hope so ...
Old 2014-07-03, 21:36   Link #1347
Newhope

Probably be a few months worth of fighting, but looks almost certain now that claymore will end this year.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 22:00   Link #1348
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Probably be a few months worth of fighting, but looks almost certain now that claymore will end this year.
If not this year, definitely next year. This fight will probably carry into the fall, resolve by winter, and if Yagi is pretty much done, there will be some kind of epilogue to tie up immediate loose ends.

Great chapter though. It's hard to believe we're nearly done with Claymore.
Old 2014-07-04, 06:22   Link #1349
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

This fight will probably last at least another 2-3 months, I imagine the manga will end by the end of this year.
Old 2014-07-04, 06:59   Link #1350
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So awesome. Satisfying ending coming up ?
Old 2014-07-04, 10:58   Link #1351
gaouw

i kinda wished that yagi elaborate more of the dragonkin people and the war on the mainland.

it could be done as the next arc, but it kinda is fine to be finished here too..

anyway, this is a great series, and while i regret it's end (if this is indeed the last arc), i will regret worse ending more (the hanging kind).
gaouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 15:26   Link #1352
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The DragonKin story is another tale for another time...

That's probably Miria's story more so than Clare's.
Old 2014-07-05, 13:05   Link #1353
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
If not this year, definitely next year. This fight will probably carry into the fall, resolve by winter, and if Yagi is pretty much done, there will be some kind of epilogue to tie up immediate loose ends.

Great chapter though. It's hard to believe we're nearly done with Claymore.
Funny how nearly done still means several months.

Here's hoping for a well rounded ending!
Old 2014-07-05, 13:27   Link #1354
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Funny how nearly done still means several months.
That happens with a monthly manga. It's definitely ending and this probably will be the last full year of Claymore.

I don't think we'll get anything more about the continent it sounds more like stuff for a potential spin-off/sequel not that I think we'll get one.
Old 2014-07-31, 16:10   Link #1355
Dj0rel
True Believer

Summary of chapter 153 by God Eye Galatea from mangahelpers:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-31, 22:40   Link #1356
scififan

How come I am not suprised by Scene 153 - The Object of Burden?
Now, I remember a fan art posted in a non-English forum. The picture was few years ago, and his/her prediction is correct!

After toying with Priscilla for entire chapter, Priscilla is reaching the full powerup.
Teresa also reaches her awakeneing form. Her awakening form is a
Spoiler:

Other than that, Priscilla shows she is insanely fast. However, Teresa still shows she's faster. Prisiclla grows big arms, but Teresa still shows she's stronger. Then, Teresa crushes Priscilla's body as stomping on a foam.

Overall, the Scence has nice battle. All Clamore imouto are making oh and ah sounds(in my head).
Old 2014-07-31, 23:24   Link #1357
Esclair

DEM power levels.

I don't see how the manga can continue after this unless they go to the mainland.

Spoiler:
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 09:32   Link #1358
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just keep imagining to myself, this is how it should have happened x number of years ago. since this time, it seems like Teresa is at least trying..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:19   Link #1359
scififan

I just read some sound speculation from other BBS.

The speculation about Teresa's awawkened form is it is modeled after bird anatomy. The bird has wide chest, and this feature enables it to fly easily. The bird also has thn lower limbs. Teresa's awakened form also has the thinner legs.

The speculation about Priscilla's power is her anger is source of her yoki. She can regenerate her yoki whenever she is angry. It explains why she is stronger and stronger. Even Teresa chops her head to pieces, Priscilla still gets stronger. If Teresa's opponent is another awakened forms, they are already dead many times. So, Priscilla's yoki is equivalent to Hulk's strength. When they are angry, they get powerup. This mechanism goes on and on.
Old 2014-08-02, 09:45   Link #1360
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The speculation about Teresa's awawkened form is it is modeled after bird anatomy. The bird has wide chest, and this feature enables it to fly easily. The bird also has thn lower limbs. Teresa's awakened form also has the thinner legs.
It's not the chest size, exactly. It's the combination of powerful wing muscles and light, almost hollow, bones. The design is similar in flying mammals, like bats.

But I don't think it's modeled after bird anatomy, exactly. It's just more symbolism of the goddess mythology in the story. You could even consider the dualism between Teresa and Priscilla as something angelic versus something demonic.

But Awakened forms are all about surprises. This initial transformation might go even further, as demonstrated numerous times through the story.

Quote:
The speculation about Priscilla's power is her anger is source of her yoki. She can regenerate her yoki whenever she is angry. It explains why she is stronger and stronger. Even Teresa chops her head to pieces, Priscilla still gets stronger. If Teresa's opponent is another awakened forms, they are already dead many times. So, Priscilla's yoki is equivalent to Hulk's strength. When they are angry, they get powerup. This mechanism goes on and on.
This isn't speculation, it's confirmed in the story by Dae. Priscilla's regeneration is directly tied to her hatred and rage. The human half of Priscilla was defeated a few chapters back, by the Ghosts, Octavia, Chronos, and Cassandra. What is left is the monster, just like the Destroyer.