AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 13:19   Link #341
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, judging by 13, when they have plans to make sequels now they just half-ass each installment until they figure they can't anymore, and then put out a final one to truly end it. Thus, I feel that them stating that 15 is large scale enough to get more stories later means they're going to half ass this one. Especially since they've been developing it for 7 years and it still doesn't have an end in sight. So, like 13, all graphics no substance?
Graphics and style. Nothing more.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:22   Link #342
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I think even Japanese gamers are starting to get over it, considering how insanely well Dark Souls sold.
Or just means they accept varied tastes and that both styles have their place?
Old 2013-06-11, 13:23   Link #343
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Not every FF with sequels ended up like FFXIII or its offspring games. Besides there are no sequels for FFXV in development. They may have one down the line in who knows when but that's it. It says nothing about quality of FFXV unless you think FFVII, FFX FFT and FFXII are sudden crap due to having external games.
Those weren't done by the current regime (except maybe 12, but a lot of people didn't like 12 at all). And saying no sequel to XV is in development isn't saying much when they still aren't even seeing the light at the end of the development tunnel for XV.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:29   Link #344
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Or just means they accept varied tastes and that both styles have their place?
Traditional JRPGs are in trouble everywhere, not just America. They're not selling well, while games with more engaging combat like Monster Hunter are selling by the truckload.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:34   Link #345
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Most of the game-playing world at large is sick and tired of attack-magic-item-run crap. We want our combat to be exciting and engaging. Not the boring, read-a-book-while-mashing-X combat that most JRPGs seem to have.

There are reasons why WRPGs are kicking JRPG ass in sales these days, and this is one of the big reasons--the combat is just more fun.
If I wanted a turn based RPG, I would look at FF... but looks like it's no longer possible. I liked it, alot.

Many games are still keeping their styles and traditions, like Disgaea.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:36   Link #346
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Those weren't done by the current regime (except maybe 12, but a lot of people didn't like 12 at all). And saying no sequel to XV is in development isn't saying much when they still aren't even seeing the light at the end of the development tunnel for XV.
Wada was president during PS2 era (which includes FFX, X-2, XI, XII and XIII) but he's no longer there anymore so this "regime" no longer exists anyway. For that matter FFX has always had potential sequel mind according to Ulitmaina developer interviews with the staff. That game didn't come about until well after FFX was released not alongside it. Honestly you're just having kneejerk reaction to something we won't see for ages due another completely unrelated set of games.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:39   Link #347
GDB

Of course it's a kneejerk reaction. The source game in question isn't even close to release yet. I'm merely projecting my complete and utter disappointment and lack of trust since IX onto them, and it's served me well thus far.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:47   Link #348
Iron Maw
Banned

That's all well and good, but blowing things out of proportion isn't conductive to discussion especially when it's boogie maning something that doesn't even exist yet. SE has their hands full just working on FFXV and their other announced big titles. Whether FFXV will have sequels isn't more important than how the game itself will turnout.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:50   Link #349
GDB

You're the one blowing things out of proportion. All I said was my hype for it died as soon as they said they want to do sequels for it, because they've lost my trust when it comes to game quality as it is and they're already looking beyond the game they're working on.

The key isn't that I'm saying it will suck, but rather that my hype is dead and I no longer trust it.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:59   Link #350
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
You're the one blowing things out of proportion. All I said was my hype for it died as soon as they said they want to do sequels for it, because they've lost my trust when it comes to game quality as it is and they're already looking beyond the game they're working on.

The key isn't that I'm saying it will suck, but rather that my hype is dead and I no longer trust it.
And I'm say that's nothing unusual, there is nothing wrong with the developers wanting make a sequel at one point in the future and doesn't necessary mean it will turn out to be crap. It's something way too far off to be worrying about.
Old 2013-06-11, 14:07   Link #351
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, the talk of sequels when they don't even appear to be halfway done XV is really, really troubling.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 14:08   Link #352
finalfury
Incognito

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
high quality trailer for those who want it.
Old 2013-06-11, 14:17   Link #353
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The black hair chick reminds me of the girl in that other FF teaser. Anyone else?
Old 2013-06-11, 14:35   Link #354
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, the talk of sequels when they don't even appear to be halfway done XV is really, really troubling.
I'm pretty sure FFXV's much further along than halfway, and during FFT's production Matsuno actually wanted to make a sequel. Didn't happened till much later though. So unless SE announces a sequel is coming next coming months for whatever reason feel free bash them for it. Until then it's merely idea of something they like do at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The black hair chick reminds me of the girl in that other FF teaser. Anyone else?

Who?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-06-11 at 15:01.
Old 2013-06-11, 15:16   Link #355
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Tales of Xillia and Symphonia Chronicles should be enough to satisfy me. The whole porting to another console doesn't bother me, but couldn't they make it cross gen or something for PS3, 360, Wii U? After all, they can just port it.
The reason why they're porting it to the XB1 is because it's so easy that they'd be stupid not to. The specs between the XB1 and PS4 are extremely similar and they both use the x86 architecture. It's basically free money. I don't think any decent sized third party devs would be going single platform this time around unless Sony or MS pays them a large amount of money not to. If they were smart they'd also just release them on the PC a couple months down the line and enjoy making more money without doing anything.

PS3 might be possible for FFXIV depending on how much dev they've already done on it for the PS3, but WiiU is out of the question as they'd need an entire separate team to do the porting. It's just not cost effective.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2013-06-11 at 15:35.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:21   Link #356
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm pretty sure FFXV's much further along than halfway, and during FFT's production Matsuno actually wanted to make a sequel. Didn't happened till much later though. So unless SE announces a sequel is coming next coming months for whatever reason feel free bash them for it. Until then it's merely idea of something they like do at this point.

Who?
The girl in that weird Squre Enix trailer last e3 or something.

Anywho, the cast picture seems to be Good[ ] [ ]Bad

I smell romeo&Juliet plot XD
Old 2013-06-11, 15:37   Link #357
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The reason why they're porting it to the XB1 is because it's so easy that they'd be stupid not to. The specs between the XB1 and PS4 are extremely similar and they both use the x86 architecture. It's basically free money. I don't think any decent sized third party devs would be going single platform this time around unless Sony or MS pays them a large amount of money not to.

PS3 might be possible for FFXIV depending on how much dev they've already done on it for the PS3, but WiiU is out of the question as they'd need an entire separate team to do the porting. It's just not cost effective.
I kinda figured that to be the reason for the port. That and gaining a cut from Microsofts used game policies I suppose.
TBH, after seeing Square Enix port their games to multiple devices(FF4 im looking at you), I would think that they would be able to profit from an install base that is already established rather than an install base that has yet to be determined but that's just me I guess.
Old 2013-06-11, 16:36   Link #358
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I kinda figured that to be the reason for the port. That and gaining a cut from Microsofts used game policies I suppose.
A cut that doesn't exist. If they want more money, they can just raise the game price. To demand a cut for used games is no different from a price rise, and will decrease sales the same way a price rise would.

As I kept saying, I am not against companies making money. But I am against companies acting like idiots thinking they can get money they didn't earn.
Old 2013-06-11, 16:45   Link #359
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

They just want the install base.

Honestly, SE needs its AAA-titles to sell well. They're not exactly doing very well at the moment, and neither Sony or Microsoft can afford to 'exclusify' either FFXV or KH III.

I'd much rather all 3rd-party games be multi-plat if it means the developer can profit more from all sides, and use that larger profit to actually make more/better games.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 17:49   Link #360
solidvanz
Special Operative

Gameplay footage: