Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-14, 21:26   Link #201
Silver Dragon
SHOW DOWN
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon
My parents are quite frankly the best parents ever.

The rest of my family is horrible though, they are all selfish pricks.
Silver Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:40   Link #202
Gemstar
Banned

Arguments

Almost everyday I will argue with my family about something. Small or large. They always say something to piss me off. Most of the times its stupid questions which they dont think is stupid. What does everyone think about the situation ?
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 00:50   Link #203
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know... what pisses you off? How is it that it punches your aggravation button? Some "stupid question" examples might help.

Arguments are two-way streets.... yeah, your aggravation may be totally legitimate (I can't talk to my mother about much outside the weather and family) but I've evolved ways of reducing conversation trends that move outside of safe zones.

So the more data the more useful some feedback posts might be. (edit: ... well, I guess we'll have to wait on that answer .....)

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-09-17 at 14:01.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 20:13   Link #204
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

My parents divorced when I was young, I went to live with my Father, though I visit my Mother often. They always, and still do, let me do whatever I please. They would let me ride my bike to the beach when I was 10 years old. I never had a curfew (would stay out til 2 am when I was 12).

They would never reprimand me, no matter what I did, and would always just give me advice. Whether I heeded it was my choice. I guess it was an abnormal parenting method. But then, we are poor, and I have 7 siblings, so maybe that's the only one that would work.

It's odd, my friend whose parents were always making rules, and always pushing them to do crazy shit, all dropped out of HS, or went to community college to study something dumb. Yet, my parents paid me no attention, just gave me food and shelter, and nothing more, and I'm an Aerospace Engineering Major at a large University. Maybe there is something to be said for this method.

One could say my parents rocked, letting me do whatever I wanted, only giving me advice where they felt I needed it. But, I sort of wish they had given me some attention. I never had that loving parent, I never had that mom that would cradle you when you were hurt or sick. And you know, as bad as some of you think your parents are, they probably love you, and when your in trouble, or when your sick, or injured, they will take care of you.

Maybe some of you don't get along with your mother/father/etc because you disagree with how they are raising you. But, keep in mind that your parents are PROBABLY right about everything. They have had much more life experience, while most of you (some of you are older) are just kids who don't really know anything about anything (I'm still included in this group).

But overall, I enjoyed my childhood.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 15:58   Link #205
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I've had my fair share of conflicts with my parents over the course of my life thus far (especially my father... too bad I inherited his temper!), but they have been very supportive and loving no matter what, so I can count my blessings. I'm very thankful for the parents I have. I think they have the perfect balance to allow their children to develop - I was never restricted from anything as a child, free to explore what I desired (to the extent of my safety, obviously), which I think was pretty important in shaping my current personality.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:01   Link #206
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I'm Goning To Be A Dad!

My life is crazy these days so I don't get to post here at all lately, but I still lurk from time to time.

My girlfriend is 8 months pregnant carrying my baby boy whom we're going to name, Alfie George O'Shay.

As soon as he is born I will post pics.

Anyway, just thought I should let all my old friends know my good news.

Hey, xris. Can I make him the youngest Asuki member when he is born, it could be like a legacy, proof that Asuki will live on through the generations?

Or will you just ban his ass, like father like son?

Anyway, it's awesome to see the forum thriving. Keep up the good work old-timers!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:07   Link #207
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Congratulations!

Looking forward to the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Anyway, just thought I should let all my old friends know my good news.
I don't think we have ever talked before, but still.........

My best wishes for you and your growing family!

Oh, and a month from now means that he could be born on Christmas, right?
Old 2008-11-26, 22:16   Link #208
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Congratulations!

Looking forward to the pics.

I don't think we have ever talked before, but still.........

My best wishes for you and your growing family!

Oh, and a month from now means that he could be born on Christmas, right?
Urr, I hope my girlfriend doesn't read this or I will be dead!

No, my mistake, he is due on February 2nd.

Her hormones are so annoying I must be unconsciously spurring him on lol
Old 2008-11-26, 22:33   Link #209
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Good Job Shay, just adding more ownage to the world I see^^...Maybe if I stop posting for a while I can get one too lulz...By the time xris bans your seed, I hope I'm still around to see it...

Genuine love man, congrats...You finally got someone to brainwash in the animated ninja arts now ...
Old 2008-11-26, 22:43   Link #210
Shadow Kira01

Congrats! (^_^)
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:48   Link #211
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Good Job Shay, just adding more ownage to the world I see^^...Maybe if I stop posting for a while I can get one too lulz...By the time xris bans your seed, I hope I'm still around to see it...

Genuine love man, congrats...You finally got someone to brainwash in the animated ninja arts now ...
Thanks man. I knew you would be pleased to hear I'm not just shooting blanks ^^

I will be sure to tell him about the time I fretted for hours, posting like a maniac thinking my main man, wingdarkness had been castrated by a bitch called katrina!

Just think, shit like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece, will be like dinosaurs to him. And god knows what type of tentacle hentai he will be watching when I'm old and grey!
Old 2008-11-26, 22:58   Link #212
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

One shays bad enough but two ?

I donno if the world can take it.

j/k Congrats mate =]

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:05   Link #213
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Thanks man. I knew you would be pleased to hear I'm not just shooting blanks ^^

I will be sure to tell him about the time I fretted for hours, posting like a maniac thinking my main man, wingdarkness had been castrated by a bitch called katrina!

Just think, shit like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece, will be like dinosaurs to him. And god knows what type of tentacle hentai he will be watching when I'm old and grey!
Hey tentacle hentai has shelvelife...How many people you know watching brand-spanking new tentacle hentai? BTW Hurricane Gustav almost got my a$$ too, but I ain't complaining, I'm still here...But don't throw away the old skool $hit...Baby Shay can't think CG-Pandas started it all!

Hey you were the first person to ever really acknowledge me on this site, and for what it's worth I thank you for that (Reflects back to the infamous Batman pwning the pedo post)...LMAO, this interweb thing is realer than people think^^, so again congrats on getting the highest score in pinball...
Old 2008-11-27, 02:22   Link #214
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Congratulations. Does that mean, goodbye to one crazy night-life, and welcome another with cries? (And, that father-son part was a nice one.)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:43   Link #215
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing some baby pics

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:46   Link #216
Rion Steiner

Congratulations! Raise him well now but still have sometime with us in animesuki. :P
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 04:28   Link #217
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Congrats, Shay.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 04:47   Link #218
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Congratulation, Shay san.
Be sure to take care of him, being a father might become your biggest responsibility.
Old 2008-11-27, 04:59   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

After about six weeks of sleep deprivation and the baby asking you if you see "3 lights or 4 lights" .... believe me its great to be able to trade out rocking duty with someone for just an hour or two.

Then there's the first time it hwarfs all over you.... in my case, I calmly stepped right into the shower fully clothed and with the little squid and just stood there with him for about 20 minutes.

Seriously --- it gets better later when they stop being just a blob and you start guiding how their little brains starting connecting all the dots for life. That is hugely fun. Do it right and you build these interesting life-time friends.

Anyway, don't know you as such -- but good luck to you and the future-mom on the delivery and everything thereafter.
Old 2008-11-27, 09:29   Link #220
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
My life is crazy these days so I don't get to post here at all lately, but I still lurk from time to time.

My girlfriend is 8 months pregnant carrying my baby boy whom we're going to name, Alfie George O'Shay.
Félicitations !
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parents