AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-04, 00:54   Link #301
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Hmm... read the translation... hmm...
I sure hope Yagi has a good way out of this.
My problem here is that Clare's wounds are clearly fatal. To somehow magically heal all this would cheapen the deaths of Undine, Riful, and others who died from lesser wounds.
Even relying on the whole "Teresa's power" thing, there is no evidence that Teresa herself could recover from wounds like that.

The only decent way out of this for Clare that I can see, is to Awaken Fully and have either Teresa or Raphaela's soul link (or a combo of both) to pull her back. In an awakened state, Teresa's power should come through and she'll be able to wipe the floor with both Priscilla and the Destroyer. As for turning back, she better hope that Galatea-sama is somewhere close by and ready to soul link. Hopefully though, she's not, and she's safely in Rabona.

I sure hope Yagi knows what he's doing...
There are a few outcomes:
A) Clare fuses with the destroyer and recovers missing body parts.
B) Clare fuses with the destroyer but cannot recover body parts (any time soon anyway) and is basically on life support.
C) Clare is a defensive type and recovers.
D) Clare dies.

Last edited by Stream; 2010-06-04 at 01:10.
Old 2010-06-04, 01:33   Link #302
MichaelAngelo

I'm a little puzsled with the scene where the Destroyer obliterated Deneve's right arm and sucked the sword. Could it be intentional? Or a necessary thing to come out...since at the near-end pages Clare was also absorbed by the Destroyer. That would mean that Clare will gonna be reunited with her sword inside the Destroyer's body.

That said, it seemed like the Destroyer has consciousness, since she was able to land hits on her targets and has even managed to suck Clare and the sword. I'm a little baffled of what "no consciousness" meant on the manga because if the Destroyer wasn't conscious, then she wasn't alert of what's going on, and wouldn't work out reasonable logic or rationality to obliterate those who disturbed her. But it seemed like she knew her targets, and even has the 'strategic thinking' to deal with a strong rival, if my speculations are right that she is using Claire to face Priscilla.

Thence, I strongly believe that even the Destroyer, which once rejected Clare out of her body, recognized Clare as part of her body sometime and now that the times are too hard, it will gonna use Clare to boost her potential.

Aside from that, we have all learned about soul link, yoma abilities to shape-shift, power-transferring, youki manipulation and so on. Yaki has provided us with all information and lexicon of possibilities regarding the Claymores so there really is no impossibility on dealing with some odd topics such as the rebirth of a Teresa, esp. if Prissy would recognize Clare in the face of Teresa and so on, or merging, etc.

Those possibilities, in my opinion, will not cheapen the storyline since they were gradually introduced and elaborated via scenes, whatsoever.

Regarding Prissy's demeanor, we all know that she had one of the sharpest abilities to interpret abyssals so she musn't have been wrong when she said that she would crush the giant stream with her full power. She felt that she's gonna win, so she was that confident.

There is something that Yagi planned on doing as a duel between the Destroyer and Priscilla is about to happen with two spectator Claymores and one unconscious Claire. The last line was odd. It seemed like Cynthia was crying out her name because the lines and the enclosing looked like.

But Yagi isn't the type who would favor simplicity over story-line ends. The last line must be suggesting somebody is calling out to her. My best guess: TERESA. In the anime, just when Claire was about to give up, her mind had Teresa calling out her name. It was Teresa who always sparked her passion for battle.
Old 2010-06-04, 01:56   Link #303
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Deneven is going to die, you heard it here first.

She lost one of her sword. The last few chapters was about her.

She is low on yoki.

Ok, I do't want her to die, I want to see her AB form.
Old 2010-06-04, 02:07   Link #304
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
That said, it seemed like the Destroyer has consciousness, since she was able to land hits on her targets and has even managed to suck Clare and the sword. I'm a little baffled of what "no consciousness" meant on the manga because if the Destroyer wasn't conscious, then she wasn't alert of what's going on, and wouldn't work out reasonable logic or rationality to obliterate those who disturbed her.
I'm guessing it just means it has no real personality or thought process. It does seem to have battle instincts, for example, but it's almost reflexive - you hit it, it hits back regardless of whether you're really a threat to it or not, for example.

Also, randomly, that's twice now that someone has mentioned that the Destroyer's original appearance is how it wanted to look. Now I'm suck on the question of why Rafaela wanted to look like a twisted version of the twin goddess statue.
Old 2010-06-04, 04:27   Link #305
Bimber

Yep I have an English scans!!!
Old 2010-06-04, 06:31   Link #306
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I sure hope Yagi knows what he's doing...
You still doubt Yagi?! One of the few mangakas that I am not afraid to read his manga and not enjoy it.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:06   Link #307
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

hey... I see an anima
Old 2010-06-04, 07:20   Link #308
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

piecing togerher everything from what everyone has ben saying...i do agree with michaelangelo that raciella seems to know what its doing. i think that with its outer base destroyed ts been reduced to its bas form which is basically the montrous mass i saw in the image thread. perhaps it recognizes that claire is the ideal one to kill priscilla because she felt her efforts. perhaps sh go lucky the first tme in scaping and it knows thst therafaela inside hr will make he whole again. eithet wa t seeeems to know what its doing.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:34   Link #309
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

cant edit posts. i think this is how it works - raciella is an animal in the broadest sense. she has no personality but has instincts and reflxes. if it feels like claire is the one to ensure its survival and/or kill priscilla it will pick her. the only questin is how will claire escape this. whatever is happening to her we know thus far that any transformation from raciella seems to be ptmanent. even with soullinkng i doubt she will come out of ths wth a massve power up and back to normal. this feels like a lifechangng moment for her.
Old 2010-06-04, 08:44   Link #310
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
cant edit posts. i think this is how it works - raciella is an animal in the broadest sense. she has no personality but has instincts and reflxes. if it feels like claire is the one to ensure its survival and/or kill priscilla it will pick her. the only questin is how will claire escape this. whatever is happening to her we know thus far that any transformation from raciella seems to be ptmanent. even with soullinkng i doubt she will come out of ths wth a massve power up and back to normal. this feels like a lifechangng moment for her.
well, i am loving that
Old 2010-06-04, 08:56   Link #311
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

loving wha exactly. tackng on whst i said we have proof from dauf and beth what a normal infection does. excuse the reference but it makes me think of kerrigan from starcraft. claire could become the ultimate weapon and prize for raciella....or she could become raciella. to me claires chances of breaking free are less then 50.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:18   Link #312
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i expect Teresa to awaken inside Clare and absorb Raciella. duh. why? because i have undying devotion to Teresa.

also, its been far too long since we've seen Miria or Galatea. what the eff Yagi.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:43   Link #313
MalakTawus

I doubt Claire will become the destroyer's puppet (or the destroyer itself) cause that will damage the plot way too much,basically we'll have a main char that everything she does is almost meaningless.
And btw you give the destroyer a lot more than what she has:
1-Priscilla said that the destroyer doesn't care about survival at all (so your theory is broken just from the beginning) and considering how great she is in insight untill there is some CLEAR evidence that Priscilla is wrong i'd say it's safe to take her word as truth (not to mention that she seems pretty sure about her analysis).
2-Claire herself (with Raph's knowledge) said that the destroyer was nothing more than a weapon.

Imo it's impossible for the destroyer to use Claire as a puppet,it would be an action in absolute contrast to the image that Yagi gave it until now,causing it to become a monster like the others and losing the simbolism that makes it special.

Anyway the destroyer is simply consuming Claire like everything else,it's not doing anything special so i don't see a reason to see something strange in its action,that's why i'm quite confident that Claire will free herself with her own willpower,probably after some soul-link with Raph or Teresa......or maybe a simple awakening.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-06-04 at 10:00.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:47   Link #314
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
hey... I see an anima
Funnyy, i have a web script called Anima Gallery
Btw, i read the raw but it made no sense to me...i wonder if the pages are scrambled +_+
Old 2010-06-04, 10:02   Link #315
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i expect Teresa to awaken inside Clare and absorb Raciella. duh. why? because i have undying devotion to Teresa.

also, its been far too long since we've seen Miria or Galatea. what the eff Yagi.
Yes, I demand Miria & Galatea!
Old 2010-06-04, 10:07   Link #316
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Either:
-Clare assimilates with it instead of just being devoured.
-Whatever is holding Clare back is absorbed, the other 2 manage to rescue her just in time, and Clare somehow fights with some kind of new power.

I'm surprised they still haven't won the war yet when they have all these monsters running around in their islands.
Old 2010-06-04, 10:11   Link #317
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I doubt Claire will become the destroyer's puppet (or the destroyer itself) cause that will damage the plot way too much,basically we'll have a main char that everything she does is almost meaningless.
And btw you give the destroyer a lot more than what she has:
1-Priscilla said that the destroyer doesn't care about survival at all (so your theory is broken just from the beginning) and considering how great she is in insight untill there is some CLEAR evidence that Priscilla is wrong i'd say it's safe to take her word as truth (not to mention that she seems pretty sure about her analysis).
2-Claire herself (with Raph's knowledge) said that the destroyer was nothing more than a weapon.

Imo it's impossible for the destroyer to use Claire as a puppet,it would be an action in absolute contrast to the image that Yagi gave it until now,causing it to become a monster like the others and losing the simbolism that makes it special.

Ok... first off I'm not speculating or anything here. Just speaking out loud to process my thoughts.

Priscilla was kinda surprised by the Destroyers true form. So how accurate where her first statements... Where they that of The Destroyers true self or her desire of what she wanted to be? In short how deep where her reading and how much was she filling in the gaps? We've needed a Galatea level reading now for 10 chapters .

Next off you mentioned her lack of desire for flesh but she seems to feed off life force. So was Priscilla just misunderstanding her desires? Thinking Flesh was the only option, like with herself... Was this Priscilla only reading the desired forms lack of desire? Who's desired form was it... Raphaela's or Clare's?

Finally is the Destroyer absorbing life force to solely destroy? Is there a deep subconscious desire to feed? Is it an ability she just has as a result of Luciela and all her mouths? Does it sustain her or does she immediately expel all energy she absorbs in an attack?

Clare said the Destroyer had a desire to only destroy, not that she was a weapon. That was Dea.
Old 2010-06-04, 11:04   Link #318
MalakTawus

Quote:
Next off you mentioned her lack of desire for flesh
No,the key point is not her lack of desire for flesh,it's her lack to attachment to life itself,meaning she absolutely doesn't care for her survival.

And no,i have an official translation (italian) where in ch.94 Claire refers to Raciella as only a weapon of destruction.......but maybe the translation is wrong.

Quote:
Clare said the Destroyer had a desire to only destroy, not that she was a weapon.
Well,if the destroyer cares ONLY for destruction,the ONLY thing that it does is to destroy so.... basically it's just a living weapon,nothing more.
Old 2010-06-04, 11:08   Link #319
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think the Destroyer soul linked with everyone that got harpooned and absorbed part of their consciousness or something. That's why it looks like there is more than two bodies to it now. Clare will have to overcome the other consciousnesses to get out of this one. And maybe she will meet with Teresa there as well.
Old 2010-06-04, 11:45   Link #320
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
No,the key point is not her lack of desire for flesh,it's her lack to attachment to life itself,meaning she absolutely doesn't care for her survival.

And no,i have an official translation (italian) where in ch.94 Claire refers to Raciella as only a weapon of destruction.......but maybe the translation is wrong.

Well,if the destroyer cares ONLY for destruction,the ONLY thing that it does is to destroy so.... basically it's just a living weapon,nothing more.
Well, our different opinions on things make more sense now... you base much of your speculation on translations I haven't read. Then your using an Italian translation to speculate in English... so the meanings have been translated twice. As good as you might be at it... no translation is ever perfect.

I see a major difference between a weapon and a being bent on destruction. A weapon has no care for anything, only doing what it does when someone else guides it purpose. When a being bent on destruction is the will of the destruction also. The Destroyer is clearly the latter.

As to the Destroyer not caring about it's life... well it's contradicted a bit by her purpose of destroying. Clearly she has to live to destroy, Clare herself said that she is going to keep destroying until her vitality is drained (not that she's willing the throw her life way before her purpose is done). She also seems to respond to any attack on her with force. Sorry for inserting something you didn't state... I was distracted for a bit someone delivering a replacement I'd ordered and lost my train of thought.
Closed Thread