AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-06-06, 13:58   Link #1
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

What time do you sleep?

This is a spin off from the thread "how do you get up" .

Lately because, i work from 8-5:30 and then go to class from 6:30-9:50. I get roughly about 5 hours of sleep if I'm lucky 4 nights a week. I pretty exhausted most of the day. And I have a difficult time sleeping. I get home at around 10:30pm. Eat, shower, read over my assignment maybe do a few problems, and maybe sometimes watch 1 esp. of anime (maybe). Then i try to sleep and i fail miseribly, I lay down burning a hole in the ceiling for about an hour. before finally sleeping. I estimate I finally sleep at around 2-3 am. Wash-rise-repeat. cycle sort of speak.

So how well do you sleep?
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 14:41   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I go to bed roughly 1-2am, and it's tough for me to fall asleep too. I have kind of gotten used to 5-hour sleep nights, and a crash on the weekends.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 14:47   Link #3
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I stopped working this week for a couple of months (will be back to it when my grandpa needs me), but during these last months, I got up at 7 AM, and came back at 11 PM from university. Then I'd stay up till 12:30/1 AM, my mind would wander off for half an hour or so, and then I'd finally be able to catch some sleep.

Yeah, I was pretty tired. But I have a long commuting time till my grandpa's work so I managed to regain some sleep on the way.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 15:24   Link #4
Syaoran
Inactive Member

- University: wake up at 7AM or 8AM, depending on the schedule and go to sleep around 12PM/1AM
- Weekend & Holidays.. sleeping at 12PM/1AM and get up at ... erm... 10AM or 11AM *blush*

Well... As I kid I hated sleeping and always woke up before 6AM... At 6AM anime shows started on tv, no matter at what time I went to bed.
Now it's totally different... I like my bed ^^'

One thing is sure though... I have a hard time falling asleep and if I do, the smallest sound wakes me up. I can hear the cat on the stairs, while everyone else doesn't even notice during the day O.o
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 15:39   Link #5
Ending

I used to sleep long and late, but now that I have moved to the work-life, I always have to get to work at 9am, latest. So I end up going to be at about 12pm and waking up at 7.30am, snoozing for 15 minutes more. Wish I could sleep at least one hour more...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 15:44   Link #6
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
My body gravitates toward waking up in the late morning or afternoon, and going to sleep in the early morning hours. During the time I worked night shift stocking groceries when I was younger, I was pretty perky most days until I had to start cutting into my sleep time to do other things.

I work a day job now, though.

For a while, I was waking up at 6:30 to drive half an hour and make it to work by 8:00, getting off at 17:00, driving 45 minutes to an hour to make it to church, and then working until 21:00 or 22:00 most nights of the week. That's not too bad if the weekend was entirely mine, but I frequently had things to do at least half of each Saturday and Sunday.

Even that wouldn't be too bad if I could go straight to bed when I got home, but even if I'd had nothing to do, I couldn't. No, I can't sleep without "unwinding", and my body doesn't like to sleep until at earliest the wee hours of the morning (thanks to my nocturnal body rhythm). Add on top of that my constant sickness that was caused by sinus problems combined with my schedule and lack of sleep...

So, getting up earlier than your body needs, working all day and half the night most every day, averaging less than half the sleep you ought to, and doing it while sick... I did that for a couple of years. I burned out. Heck, I was burned out as I did most of it.

It's been several months since I've been on a more normal schedule, and I'm still recovering. Even though I pushed my waking time to 7:00 and can be home by 18:00 most days of the week, I still feel worn out. It used to be able to accomplish million things a day for myself in order to unwind. Now even things that I did to unwind can seem like work. For a while, I didn't have the energy to watch TV, so I consider the couple of hours of TV I watch a week in the form of anime to be a triumph.

I will be fully recovered from all that, and I expect it will be soon. I am being FAR more conservative about the time I commit to doing things, though. I'm not going back to that hell-on-earth.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 15:45   Link #7
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I have to get up at around 5:30 AM to be at my University at 8:00.
Some activity start at 8:30 instead of 8:00, so I can sleep one more hour until 6:30.
Either way its awfull early in the morning. The "problem" is, I dont have any any activity on monday. So I have a 3 day weekend and if I dont have anything to do, I tend to get up not before 11AM.
The adjustment each week is killing me! One day you sleep until 12:00 and dont get tired until 3AM at night. And then you need to get up 2 and a half hours later...
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:10   Link #8
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I sleep from 11m to 6:am

Im a night person and I hate mornngs but that dosent stop me from geting around
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:44   Link #9
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Because I don't get sleepy so easily I currently usually go to sleep at around 4:00 or 5:30 am and right now. I'm a heavy sleeper, so I even if I want to wake up in 5 - 6 hours if I don't have anything important planned I end up sleeping for 11 - 12 hours and usually end up waking up at around 3:00 or later in the afternoon. Even if my alarm wakes me up I sometimes have a habit of "laying back down for a minute" and then falling right back to sleep.

Once I countered this problem by pulling an all nighter and staying up until 10:00 pm and then I would wake up at around 5:00 am the next day giving me at least 7 good hours of sleep.

After that I would then go to sleep at around 10:00 or 11:00 pm and continue to wake up at around 5:00 am giving me time to eat breakfast,lunch and Dinner and have more hours to go about my day.

That routine lasted for about 2 months because I ended up getting distracted by new games and such which caused me to go back to my bad sleeping habits and I'm trying my best to get that great sleeping routine back especially since I'm going to be working again next week.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 17:22   Link #10
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Haha, what time do I sleep? Last night I stayed up until four (a.m.) playing Cake Mania on the DS. I usually go to sleep between midnight and twoish..
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 17:30   Link #11
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I've gotten through a 14-hour long day on 2 1/2 hours of sleep before. I went to bed at 1:00 am and got up at 3:30 am.

It's not fun, but I can do it.
Old 2007-06-06, 17:47   Link #12
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Sadly it would seem I'm still nocturnal and I go to sleep at around morning and wake up in the evening. x.x
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 18:00   Link #13
Mitsu
Momento Mori

I just kind of fall asleep when I get tired witch is usuaaly around mybe 2 am
Old 2007-06-06, 18:40   Link #14
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I've gotten through a 14-hour long day on 2 1/2 hours of sleep before. I went to bed at 1:00 am and got up at 3:30 am.

It's not fun, but I can do it.
I used to do something like that -- not quite as bad as you, but two part-time jobs for around nine months. 4am-10am, 3pm-midnight. So I got two, 3-hour naps a day.

Now, I just work the 3pm-midnight (except on weekends, where I work 4am-9am) so I'll usually sleep from 1-8.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 19:04   Link #15
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
When I fall asleep usually between 3:00 a.m to 4:30 a.m its depressing because the sun rises at 4:45 a.m. I get up around 12:00, all my classes are after noon. My dad keeps telling me the real world gets up at 7:00 to work 8:00 or 9:00 a.m - 5 p.m. jobs, but I refuse to believe him. That can't possibly be true can it?
Old 2007-06-06, 19:07   Link #16
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
TAFE: Usually get to bed around 10-10:30, may watch a show or listen to music to get me tired then get to sleep around 11-12. I get up at about 7am.

Weekends: usually get to bed between 10:30-1 and usually get up between 8-9:30.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 20:23   Link #17
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
On weekdays i'll go to sleep at around 11~12pm, on saturdays usually i'm not sleeping and sleep all the way on sunday. But depend on my job as freelance programmer, i'll rarely sleep when my deadline approach...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 20:26   Link #18
DarkT
Banned

Hmm, lately way too late, like 04 in the morning... So much for my "running in the morning" *sigh* and it went so nice for 2 weeks...
DarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 22:13   Link #19
Simoon
*Graphic Designer

I usually get around 6 hours of sleep. I'll finish my homework around 11 or 12 nd then sleep until about 6 or 7. On weekends though I sleep in really late. Not as bad as some people, but still wish I could get more lol.
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 22:46   Link #20
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
I sleep at 6am - 9am and wake up at 3pm
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote