AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-23, 16:22   Link #1
IamHenry

Which new series are worth watching?

Can you guys post which new animes you like and why?
Thanks ^^
Old 2004-10-23, 16:37   Link #2
Yuiichi
Retired.

Hrmm... ok, i don't know if they are "new" but, i'll post anyways.

To Heart ~Remember my Memories~: I like this one because i watched the original To Heart, and really enjoyed it. ~Remember my memories~ is just branching off from the main story, but it is a whole new story in itself.

Wind ~A Breath of Heart~: I like this one because of the characters. The series has fairly good character development, and you get to know them quite well. The whole story is quite interesting as well.

Madlax (Licenced): Very similar to Noir, it's a pretty cool action anime.

Hrm... thats all of the new ones i can think of. Sorry if there aren't enough!~
Old 2004-10-23, 17:00   Link #3
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Wind isnt exactly new, but it is a good show, but its incomplete since there are 4 unaired episodes. So the ending is totaly screwed up. (the episodes are only going to be available on the dvd releases)

Final Approach, fine as such, but to much of a Rizelmine clone. But it has its funny moments. Instead of exploding tears we have exploding bunny ears.

WWish im really into this, its a great show if you like a slow paced show.

Bleach This is just a good show :P not alot more to it really, watch it and see.

Beet Im watching this for light relief, it reminds me to much of pokemon and digemon and stuff like that. It definatly seems to be aimed at the kiddy side of things at the moment

Kannaduki no Miko mmmm mecha and lesbians, what more can any one want I like this show though, it seems to have a decent story line, though wont know for a few more episodes.

Mai-HiME WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!! thats all ive got to say on this one
Old 2004-10-23, 19:06   Link #4
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Wind isnt exactly new, but it is a good show, but its incomplete since there are 4 unaired episodes. So the ending is totaly screwed up. (the episodes are only going to be available on the dvd releases)

Final Approach, fine as such, but to much of a Rizelmine clone. But it has its funny moments. Instead of exploding tears we have exploding bunny ears.

WWish im really into this, its a great show if you like a slow paced show.

Bleach This is just a good show :P not alot more to it really, watch it and see.

Beet Im watching this for light relief, it reminds me to much of pokemon and digemon and stuff like that. It definatly seems to be aimed at the kiddy side of things at the moment

Kannaduki no Miko mmmm mecha and lesbians, what more can any one want I like this show though, it seems to have a decent story line, though wont know for a few more episodes.

Mai-HiME WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!! thats all ive got to say on this one

Bleach is looking good. Although Mai HiMe has still yet to convince me. The mecha elements are a bit... meh to be honest. Underwealming so far.
Old 2004-10-23, 22:23   Link #5
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

School Rumble. Just watch it. 2 Episodes out. Its so fantastic, its the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Old 2004-10-24, 00:14   Link #6
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Aww, Mirai beat me to it.. but, yes. I will second School Rumble. Just look at my signature. Lol.. joking. Anyways, yes. It's a great school kids comedy. Plain funny. Definately check it out if you like school kids comedy.

For brief overviews of new anime, I personally like to checkk out http://jascii.net.
Old 2004-10-24, 02:41   Link #7
Iron Monkey

I dunno, maybe it's not for everyone, but my definite favorite so far is Beck. And that intro, it's just too damn catchy. I had the "I was made to hit in America" line stuck in my head all day.
Old 2004-10-24, 03:03   Link #8
Budweineken
Crap

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
BECK
Fantastic Children
Viewtiful Joe
Bleach
Gundam SEED DESTINY
Gankutsuou
Haruka 8
Grenadier
Samurai Gun
Old 2004-10-24, 11:49   Link #9
FireBorn

The anime you should definetly watch are:

- Beck
- School Rumble
- Bleach

Beck is definetly my favorite "new" anime so far. I need the third episode.
Old 2004-10-24, 12:10   Link #10
UserName

Beck - Good anime, though I'm not too into the music but still good nonetheless.

Bleach - Another great one, I really like this series though it doesn't pick up till the next arc begins, the first few episodes are mainly an introduction to the characters but those episodes are still great.

Yakitate - Hmm, my favorite series out of these new ones. Though that is having read the manga, but if it does follow the manga exactly this one will be great. This is very entertianing and really hilarious....
Old 2004-10-25, 03:07   Link #11
Amuse
BECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Aww, Mirai beat me to it.. but, yes. I will second School Rumble. Just look at my signature. Lol.. joking. Anyways, yes. It's a great school kids comedy. Plain funny. Definately check it out if you like school kids comedy.
haha, the first episode's so funny I couldn't stop laughing
I like Bleach, I think it's a good series.
BECK is also good too
Old 2004-10-25, 18:06   Link #12
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

The person subbing School Rumble needs to forget the schoolwork and sub!
I wonder why no one else is really subbing it.. It would be super popular

Then again.. I still dont know why no company has picked up Naruto... There has to be a reason for it. Its only the most popular anime being downloaded these days.
Old 2004-10-25, 19:45   Link #13
Aquillion

Personally, I have to go with BECK. It's hard to say why, though... Even though the plot is simple so far, it just has a sort of 'new' feel to it. A lot of the other shows on nowadays (even the relatively good ones) have a formulaic, been-there-done-that feel to them. BECK doesn't. Also, even after only two episodes, its characters feel like real people.

I liked Windy Tales, too, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. They give each epsiode a subtle emotional 'oomph', but it doesn't add up to anything from episode to episode. Making a show about various events from people's lives without showing how those events effect them over time is just poor writing. Still, the first episode showed promise, and the animation is interesting, so I could be wrong about it.
Old 2004-10-26, 05:20   Link #14
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
My Hime- Super-powered schoolgirls. Great action and pretty funny.

Bleach- Not great, but worth watching. I don't want my 24 minutes back after watching. I don't really know what I like about it... It's kinda funny and it's a decently cool concept. Mostly I like the characters, I think. The opening theme is great ^.^

Gundam SEED Destiny - um... it's filled with Gundamy goodness? You kinda need to have seen the original SEED to apreciate it though.
Closed Thread