AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 04:20   Link #961
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa View Post
A Nanoha Touhou style type game - "Demo..." D:
Ok. That's the last straw, Hoshi! You seriously need to apply to have the internet officially changed to the "hoshinet" because you own it.

The game needs a lot of polish but then again every touhou game sucks on the first demo release so it's not suprising.

I'm still looking forward to Z.O.E. Nanoha too
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 22:49   Link #962
TrombeDrill
H

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Thinknig about Chrono & Fate thing, I just realise something, Fate is going to be Chrono "Imoutou-Chan" and Chrono is going to have this cute/sexy girl coming up to him going "onni-chan". So if they hook up it's technically "Incest", but without the Genetic problem....

H-GAME!! KAAAAANNNNNAAAA!!!!

I'm all for it! Get lost Amy Fate-chan getting her "Onii-chan"!!

Chrono: Fate-chan, we can't do this, your my sister....
Fate: Demo, Onii-chan....Daisuki!...besides we are not related by blood...so its ok....
Chrono: Iiie..iiee...I...can't...must..resist......
Fate: Resistance...is..futile.....fufufufuuu.....
Chrono: Noooooooo!...oooh....ahhh....

Where can I get this H-Game?Which website can I download this?
TrombeDrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 00:56   Link #963
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrombeDrill View Post
Where can I get this H-Game?Which website can I download this?
Age 15, huh? Heh...Well anyways, I don't think Onizuka-GTO was referring to something that actually exists. Sounds to me like he just typed what was on his mind lol.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 05:04   Link #964
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I don't mind Fate Playing Kanako Urashima...
Old 2006-10-19, 20:34   Link #965
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hehe, here's something interesting that came out of 4chan. An anonymous has made parallels of Nanoha's abilities to that of Aozaki Aoko in Tsukihime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan anonymous
that som... Aozaki Aoko's tricks? Well Nanoha is a magic gunner, has rapid spell cast, can use leftover mana, a 'human being', a 'white devil'... careful there, Arc.
hohoho... that would mean of course, Aoko can't be call a true magic user after that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-10-19 at 21:05.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 21:00   Link #966
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Everything I know about Tsukihime comes from Melty Blood.

In that, she definitely doesn't compare to Nanoha and company. She can spam more projectiles, but she doesn't have much in the way of big spells...
Old 2006-10-21, 22:28   Link #967
TrombeDrill
H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Age 15, huh? Heh...Well anyways, I don't think Onizuka-GTO was referring to something that actually exists. Sounds to me like he just typed what was on his mind lol.
Why the hell are you posting my age?
Old 2006-10-21, 23:19   Link #968
JediNight
キズランダム

Stupid Imageshack lol... Hoshi_kawa: I moused over one of the top ads in imageshack when looking at the game screens and it tried downloading the WMF exploit/virus onto my machine 0_o
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 00:06   Link #969
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrombeDrill View Post
Why the hell are you posting my age?
D'uh... Look at your own post --- YOU posted your age. Its in your avatar field after join date and location. He was just remarking on the amusement of an "underage" poster asking about 18+ only games.
Old 2006-10-22, 00:15   Link #970
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

they are rated 11+ and over in thailand. just ask Marc.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 09:19   Link #971
TrombeDrill
H

Am I under aged? Am I too young to be interested in these things? I DO KNOW I ORIGINALLY POSTED MY AGE! WHAT I DONT KNOW IS WHY POST MY AGE AGAIN!?!?! So Maybe it's true I'm too young for this but I don't give a ****. My was the one cousin who made me interested in these things(3 years ago). He's only 6 month's older than me. And It's hard for me to stop thinking about these things so give me a break.OK?
Old 2006-10-22, 09:28   Link #972
Skane
Anime Snark

Chill man, it's amusing to some of us because not every country has such a low age requirement for Ero-Games. Just like how some foreigners raise an eyebrow when they find out the legal age of consentment in Singapore.
Old 2006-10-22, 15:07   Link #973
Strike-Freedom

hey let him do as he pleases if he wants to get angry so that we can laugh about it just let it happen cauz i must always laugh when i see such people who can just go crazy cauz they dont know to react in an other way
Strike-Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 03:48   Link #974
Bloodseeker

I went a long time without that power cord (got it last Wednesday), it took a few days for the show to download, and then an old friend came to town and stayed over at my house for a couple of days, but now I've finally got time to watch A's and the means to do it! Between that and the fact that I'm working every night this week and as such won't have time to watch it while my mom's not wandering around the house and I'm not exhausted, I'd say that its time for a marathon!

I'll post my thoughts on the episodes... I've already seen the first two episodes, so i'll post those thoughts now.

The ED still sucks ass, but the OP is an improvement over the first season's.

NOW everybody starts training? Nanoha should have gotten some formal training from Chrono in the first season. I hate it when shows have untrained rookies kicking the hell out of trained veterans. Still, I'm glad that they showed a bit of Nanoha's training.

Levantine might just be cooler than Bardiche's scythe form. I'm guessing that Fate and Signum are going to be rivals for most of the season?

Raging Heart (while trying to convince Nanoha that it can still fight): "I can be shot." Nice argument RH. Is that some Engrish?

That barrier reminded me of closed space.

Episode 3

Naked Shamal!

Why are they putting Fate, a new recruit with no training as an officer, in a position of leadership?

Why is Arf a puppy? Nanoha's friends would recognize Arf's bigger form, and big dogs are cooler than small dogs. Then again, I guess that Fate is a little girl, and probably prefers cute things over cool things.

I know that I said this in the other thread, but Nanoha's dad reminds me a lot of Rin from Shuffle. (And Nanoha's mom is a milf)

Fate's still really socially awkward... I wonder if we might get some progressive character development in that area over the course of the season? Eh, probably not.

Vita and company are going into hiding? Deja vu.

Wait a sec, if they need magic power to fill the book of darkness, why are they looking for it in a world where people with lots of magic power is rare?

Levantine and Graf Eisen look a lot cooler as necklaces than Raging Heart.

Episode 4

They're applauding someone introducing themself to the class? WTF?

What is it with anime and groups of school kids having a tendency to bombard new kids/kids with abnormal circumstances surrounding them with questions all at once?

Why do I get the feeling Signum, Shamal, and Vita are opening a black box that have no idea how to control?

Hayate would be Book of Darkness's master?

"This medicine hasn't been working... but let's keep using it anyways." Good doctor. They're giving her medicine to cure something, and her legs are apparently her only problem, which suggests that its recent... could it be caused by the Book of Darkness by any chance? Or maybe that's why they're filling the pages. If Hayate's ignorant of what they're doing and is just a normal school girl that they happen to be atached to, that would explain why they're based in Nanoha's world.

Flashbacks to one of the most unfulfilling main bad guy anime deaths in recent memory...

I still hate that caution sign. What's up with the backwards C and upside down A?

They gave Nanoha a new transformation sequence, but kept the same lame combat gear and staff? I liked Fate's S1 transformation more. It might have been brief, but it looked cooler, IMO. (although I did like the way that Bardiche was put together)

Episode 5

"An emissary of peace shouldn't carry a spear." Yep, they should carry something a little heavier than that. If they're looking for peace, then there's probably a conflict. And if the other side isn't looking for peace and decides to take advantage of the fact that you're unarmed, then coming unarmed could be suicide.

"Please call me cartidge load." That's a dumb name. Raging Heart should really stop trying to speak English.

Bardiche's cartridge loader is set up like a revolver's chamber. That kinda cool.

Levantine's snake form is kinda lame. Never been a big fan of that kind of blade.

"I don't have the confidence to say that I can finish this without killing you. Can you forgive my immaturity?" "I couldn't care less. I'll be the one to win this, after all" Fate's and Signum's characters compliment each other well.

Arf fanservice shot? Nice to see Arf's attitude being directed at something other than telling Fate not to try to talk things out with Nanoha.

Uh oh. Shamal's busted.... I stand corrected, Chrono is floored.

xD @ Vita not being able to pronounce Nanoha's name!

I remember when my cat was that age... little hellian, you couldn't put your hand anywhere near him without him trying to tear it to shreds. My literally retarded cousin used to torment him (put him in the freezer, throw stuff at him, etc), and my other cousin used to dress him up, and the combination of the two made him stressed. We took him off of my aunt's hands and he's calmed down a lot since then.

A night at a friend's house is a bad memory?

Looks like I was partially right about Hayate being the master of the book... they're trying to make her into it.

Signum, Shamal, and Vita should be glad that Sora from Kingdom Hearts isn't the main character here... he'd use their status as non-humans as an excuse to objectify and kill them.

Episode 6

Interesting reaction to getting your own crew of magical servants, Hayate.

They came dressed up in relatively plain black suits to surprise her? That's kind of a lame story.

Sleeping on Nanoha's pillow when you're bite sized is a bad idea.

It would be great if Hayate turned hotblooded when she realized that her servants were filling the pages.

Looks like I was right about the cause of Hayate's paralysis, even if the trend of thought that lead me to that conclusion was wrong.

...Why didn't they just ask the Time/Space Administration Bureau or some other organization with lots of powerful mages for help with curing Hayate's illness?

Chrono has no penis. Stop your screaming and enjoy it, dammit!

Episode 7

That opening speech had a final battle tone to it... could this be the episode Signum, Shamal, and Vita stop being the main problem and the dude with the mask takes over?

They forgot one of the most important things about a cell phone... the reliability of the provider.

So... what exactly is the emergency? I wouldn't call finding your enemy a reason to go on alert.

Tentical rape time for Signum? ZOMG ITS CRUSHING HER BEWBS!

Vita still can't pronounce Nanoha's name! xD

You might want to stop talking and start putting distance between yourself and Nanoha, Vita.

Episode 8

Overreact much, Shamal?

xD @ Shamal in disguise!

Poor Hayate... Few things suck more than laying in a hospital bed in constant pain.

Episode 9

I just noticed something... Suzuka has a very big bed for such a little girl. She could have those cats and an Arf-sized dog sleep down there and still have room to stretch out.

Uh-oh @ Suzuka and friends knocking on the door. This is gonna be awkward.

Vita looks pissed.

Heh, Hayate's punishing her for lieing about being pissed.

Vita's selfish. She wants Hayate all to herself. Eh, as long as she doesn't kill her and start floating like a balerina back and forth and using magic so that rose pedals tumble behind her around wherever she walks... (damn, I hated Gargantua)

Interupting conversations that could lead to peace, understanding, and a solution where everybody but the bad guy is happy... Vita is the new Arf.

"Its okay if I'm the devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!" There's that line that everybody keeps talking about.

They should have had devil-Nanoha tormenting Vita for the eye-catcher. (comically, of course)

If Fate doesn't really want to kick Signum's ass, wouldn't it be better if she spent the time that Signum was giving her to talk to quickly tell her what would happen when the book was instead of posturing?

TWO masked men.

Data... YOU'RE NOTHING BUT DATA!

It'll take them a lot longer than a few minutes to get out of that if they continue to just sit there and pout.

Am I about to see hotblooded Hayate?

That was a bad time to choose to break out of your prison.

Oh noes! Hayate is growing curves!

Episode 10

"ALART" sign FTF. The least they could do is pull out an English dictionary and use that as a reference to see how to spell the word.

The Durandal? No, that name hasn't been used 10000 times before this.

Oh shi- ...Well, sexy catgirl ladies, it was nice knowing you.

An attack that's NOT in Engrish? Wow.

Looks like they might survive after all...

Why didn't they grab their friends and keep running?

I'm turning your world into a nightmare. Merry Christmas.

Apathetic people don't cry.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-10-23 at 09:48.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 03:56   Link #975
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I started liking the ED when it was used in the last episode

The engrish do suck though, in both seasons

Nanoha is made for combat She doesn't need training
Old 2006-10-23, 04:08   Link #976
TrombeDrill
H

No! seriously is there a H game for Mahou Shojou Lyrical Nanoha?
Old 2006-10-23, 04:38   Link #977
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Nanoha is made for combat She doesn't need training
That's what I hate. Raw power and instinct shouldn't be able to teach them all of the manuevers, tactics, and confidence that formal training and several years of experience builds, and Nanoha isn't THAT superior to Fate in raw power.

Also, I'm going to be posting my thoughts by editing that last post, so check back here if you want to respond.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 04:40   Link #978
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha was 'trained' by Yuuno, problem is she outstrips him so it's mostly Nanoha figuring out everything on her own. By episode 5 though, you'll see how her innovation pays off. Her training program is very intense, (shown in manga), featuring daily nonstop draining of mana, simulation drills against multiple opponents and live-fire demonstration (Yuuno can't handle having her beams tossed at him). She is... quite a professional. Chrono, Amy and Lindy do monitor her live fire demonstration though... and they were shocked when Nanoha let go of her fury.

Fate engages in more physical play, but she works at it quite diligently as well.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 04:49   Link #979
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
The ED still sucks ass, but the OP is an improvement over the first season's.
Might be so, but i dont care much about EDs in general so it doesnt bother me

Quote:
NOW everybody starts training? Nanoha should have gotten some formal training from Chrono in the first season. I hate it when shows have untrained rookies kicking the hell out of trained veterans. Still, I'm glad that they showed a bit of Nanoha's training.
Well we see some training... and how much are you going to teach to someone who is allready stronger than you? All she lacks is real combat experience and there is only one way to obtain it

Quote:
Levantine might just be cooler than Bardiche's scythe form. I'm guessing that Fate and Signum are going to be rivals for most of the season?
That would be correct

Quote:
Why is Arf a puppy? Nanoha's friends would recognize Arf's bigger form, and big dogs are cooler than small dogs. Then again, I guess that Fate is a little girl, and probably prefers cute things over cool things.
Well i gues its easier to move arround the city with a puppy following you arround, instead of a big wolf-like-thing

Quote:
I know that I said this in the other thread, but Nanoha's dad reminds me a lot of Rin from Shuffle. (And Nanoha's mom is a milf)
Yeah, Nanoha's mom does look that way... she looks extremely yound considering the age of her older children. Dont know about Rin from Shuffle, but all of Nanoha's family comes from another anime - Triangle Heart where Nanoha is a minor side character with little screentime and the protagonists are Nanoha's sister and brother.

Quote:
Fate's still really socially awkward... I wonder if we might get some progressive character development in that area over the course of the season? Eh, probably not.
Can you really blame her? Its not like she had much people to comunicate with. Her mother did more beating than talking to her, and up untill now she had an investigation going on about her, which i assume is not exactly the enviroment to develop social skills.

Quote:
Wait a sec, if they need magic power to fill the book of darkness, why are they looking for it in a world where people with lots of magic power is rare?
They want to complete the book as fast as possible because
Spoiler:
and frequent encounters with Fate/Nanoha dont exactly speed up the process considering how exausting the battles are, even if they manage to get the upper hand. They are less likely to encounter the space administration in a remote place, opposite to Nanoha's back yard
Old 2006-10-23, 05:20   Link #980
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
That's what I hate. Raw power and instinct shouldn't be able to teach them all of the manuevers, tactics, and confidence that formal training and several years of experience builds, and Nanoha isn't THAT superior to Fate in raw power.

Also, I'm going to be posting my thoughts by editing that last post, so check back here if you want to respond.
Actually, Fate is superior in raw power. Nanoha has more powerful spells. IIRC the discussion on his has bent towards Raging Heart (and Nanoha, since she's well-suited to it) being optimized for high-powered 'artillery' magic whereas Bardiche and Fate are focused on skirmishing and close combat.

Fate, despite her advantage in training, likely had no more combat experience than Nanoha, and she had the disadvantage of Precia's 'motivationals' and was likely in poor shape judging from the way Arf worries over her appetite.

I think Nanoha gives a nod to that view in the scenes where Chrono fights the robot army in the first season- Nanoha is really impressed by his speed and precision with his magic even though her power is much greater.