AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 2 3.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 21:12   Link #141
fbi888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Not sure why she decided to suddenly get engaged to Cruheto Jr. I assume it has to do with her legitimacy to the crown or politics. Still feels really raw for Inaho and Slaine.
her engagement to cruheto was not to make her an 'effective' leader. it was more so to delegitimize slaine's authority over the knights. imagine the prideful royal knights following the orders of slaine with no power/royalty status, even if they want to conquer earth.

the princess is smarter than some of people here believe.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:14   Link #142
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
lol the Princess just got NTR'ed. Now it just makes our two MC's feel pathetic and used. Perhaps they join forces against the Princess now?
Old 2015-03-21, 21:25   Link #143
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbi888 View Post
her engagement to cruheto was not to make her an 'effective' leader. it was more so to delegitimize slaine's authority over the knights. imagine the prideful royal knights following the orders of slaine with no power/royalty status, even if they want to conquer earth.
the princess is smarter than some of people here believe.
Even If They want to destroy the earth, and are against the princess, They would never accept being deceived by the Terran.
Nobody likes to be cheated and used, is something que no one
Old 2015-03-21, 21:29   Link #144
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
lol the Princess just got NTR'ed. Now it just makes our two MC's feel pathetic and used. Perhaps they join forces against the Princess now?

anyways, i can see why people are saying the ending will be rushed. there is quite a lot to cover in one ep. on a side note, is it confirmed that its a 24 ep show?

my prediction is that many knights will leave slaine for the real princess. i mean, they made a huge deal about her standing up. if only to say "i'm back." slaine, in desperation, goes out to try to blow up the deucalion to "make a statement" with his own platoon, just like the moon base, and faces off against inaho and co.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:51   Link #145
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Mainly that the counts who joined Slaine, are the most racist, and more hatred against the Terrans
You can already imagine their reaction when they know they have been deceived and used by a Terran.
Old 2015-03-21, 22:00   Link #146
fbi888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Mainly that the counts who joined Slaine, are the most racist, and more hatred against the Terrans
You can already imagine their reaction when they know they have been deceived and used by a Terran.

there is also the issue of Alnoah power. the princess is the only known source of it if the emperor passed away. even if slaine uses the fake princess' Alnoah power to persuade the knights of his plan for new empire, slaine will forever be subjugated to the fake princess and royal knights; hence the irony of his actions.
Old 2015-03-21, 22:08   Link #147
FrejaOne

It's interesting that Lemrina feels sorry for both Slaine and Asseylum.
She is the one I feel sorry for. How does it feel to always be number two? To always be less than your sister, less powerful, less desirable, literally less -able? To sit helplessly in the shadow of her throne, to be in love with the boy she never even wanted to kiss?
Old 2015-03-21, 22:42   Link #148
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Reading some of the comments here one would think Slaine stole your lunch money or bullied you in the 6th grade.
I never thought a character could incite so much hatred, specially in a show as poorly written as this one. The Hitler comparisons are really distasteful btw, it shows you have a poor grasp of history as Hitler directly and indirectly caused the deaths of at least 30 million people.
Nothing Slaine has said or done suggests he is anything like Hitler. He wants to crush the UEF and win the war. Guess what? That's a valid strategy in war.
He isn't spouting supremacist and hateful ideology or systematically exterminating entire populations for xenophobic reasons. Hell the guy didn't even start the current war. The entire conflict is a continuation of one started when the royals used war as a way to divert the martians' attention away from their shitty situation, as per Saazbaum's words in S1. A situation that Asseylum seems to be oblivious to seeing as how her plans don't even consider what happens when she gets her peace. Eventually that revolution her father tried to avoid by going to war will happen and her head will roll.

Btw, these episode threads feel more like /a/ threads than real discussion...Every other post seems to be "lol Slain got NTR'd!" or some variation of it.
Old 2015-03-21, 22:56   Link #149
FrejaOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Reading some of the comments here one would think Slaine stole your lunch money or bullied you in the 6th grade.
Or stole their girlfriend.
I'd like to see him somehow end up with Asseylum just to enjoy the reactions in the thread.

Whoever likes Slaine is either braindead, a hopeless fan or had been brainwashed like poor Edellrittio. I see her getting hate just for that.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:00   Link #150
setsunafseiei

Quote:
I never thought a character could incite so much hatred, specially in a show as poorly written as this one. The Hitler comparisons are really distasteful btw, it shows you have a poor grasp of history as Hitler directly and indirectly caused the deaths of at least 30 million people.
Nothing Slaine has said or done suggests he is anything like Hitler. He wants to crush the UEF and win the war. Guess what? That's a valid strategy in war.
He isn't spouting supremacist and hateful ideology or systematically exterminating entire populations for xenophobic reasons. Hell the guy didn't even start the current war. The entire conflict is a continuation of one started when the royals used war as a way to divert the martians' attention away from their shitty situation, as per Saazbaum's words in S1. A situation that Asseylum seems to be oblivious to seeing as how her plans don't even consider what happens when she gets her peace. Eventually that revolution her father tried to avoid by going to war will happen and her head will roll.

Btw, these episode threads feel more like /a/ threads than real discussion...Every other post seems to be "lol Slain got NTR'd!" or some variation of it.
What gives him a right to called all earthling trash ? Is he above everyone now ? All his action is justifiable regardless the casualties . Some people are just blind and obsess with fanwank until they cant really see past a simple logic

He is a warmonger with no compassion to human lives except for his own self indulgence . I don't blame him , its more likely for the fact that he is being tortured and treated like second class citizen . But his hate is out of place and does not even make sense .Please we don't need another bash the Slaine thread , he is fine as he is
Old 2015-03-21, 23:01   Link #151
azurestratos

1. Inaho got to know his feelings won't be reciprocated. "So that's it. That was your conclusion when you guessed at what I wanted." Too bad Inaho. He takes it cool.

2. Slaine knew he can't turn back now. His acting in front Asseylum while sending Stygis to intercept was very cunning. Fortunately for Asseylum, Cruhteo Jr is not naive.

3. That Kataphrakt wire landing mechanism, HOLY, that was so good and well designed. Never thought of that.

4. I wonder if the UFE will court martial Captain Magbaredge if she survives?

5. Rayregalia had innocent and noble intentions at first when he discovered Aldnoah. This is shown by his hallucinations when he played back his memories. But then when the conflict happens, it worsen, and he blamed Earth for the death of Gilzeria his son.

I guess its a moral story of how we start of with innocent intentions but power, greed, and grief can blind us from our original goal.

5. Asseylum x Klancain. Political marriage and realism for the win.

6. Shout out to the badass side characters! Maazurek, Inko, Calm, Rayet, Marito, Dr. Yagarai, Deucalion bridge crew. Everyone having death flags.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:02   Link #152
fbi888

will 24 be the last episode? is there any news of season 3, movie, or ova?

i don't how they can answer or provide closure to alot of the issues in AZ.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:03   Link #153
FrejaOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because he's supposed to be her friend, someone pretty close to her. If she doesn't think that's enough not to give up on him, that's her problem. But I stand by my opinion that it shows a clear lack of empathy from her part. They deliberately made the loli said what she said to highlight this point; someone believes he's not an irredeemable monster yet, and ironically, it's not the person who is supposed to be his friend.
I thought it had a point--to show just how much of a fantasy on Slaine's part this relationship really was.
Asseylum never once referred to him as anything more than a person who told her interesting stories. The friendship, the loyalty, the emotions--that was all Slaine's.
It was obvious back when Lemrina asked her whether she cared for Slaine and Asseylum was all like, wut? Slaine who?

Since she is shown to be a compassionate person, she wouldn't be like that if he really was an old friend to her.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:08   Link #154
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Slaine's doing all sort of questionable shit, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's irredeemable. The princess thinks he's a lost cause but she actually gave up on him even before she tried to talk him out of it. She didn't truly try to understand him and reach out to him then.

The loli might be out of character, and I have no clue what Aldnoah has in store for the last episode, nor do I care, to be honest. But in my mind, the empathy she's showing here is the true key to stop violent conflicts, especially conflicts like this one which is all about some kid's emotions going wild, not about serious stuff like politics and whatnot.
I don't share the simplistic black-and-white view that some viewers seem to have on Slaine, but given the circumstances, I think Asseylum's actions are reasonable.

Asseylum is putting the good of the many ahead of the good of the few, including Slaine, including herself. I greatly doubt that Asseylum instantly fell in love with Count Cruhteo after all, and so her sudden marriage arrangement with him is purely one of convenience. And it may well prevent her from acting in accordance with her genuine romantic feelings, which would constitute a considerable personal sacrifice that many people (probably most people) would not be willing to make. (And yes, I think it's Inaho that she feels romantic love for)

Asseylum's first priority is stopping the war, in order to save lives. She's a principled peace-lover to the end.

Asseylum is probably hoping that she can persuade enough Knights to abandon Slaine, forcing Slaine to surrender. But if Slaine insists on fighting to the end, well, that's not something Asseylum is in a position to change, really. Circumstances have just escalated too quickly.

Also, Creb may well be correct. If Slaine survives through next episode, Asseylum may well forgive him, for the most part. Such an act would represent a considerable degree of magnanimity that would speak to Asseylum still valuing Slaine as her old friend.

50% chance Slaine dies at Inaho's hands next episode. 40% chance he is defeated, stays alive, and is basically forgiven by Asseylum (i.e. he's not sentenced to life in prison or execution). 10% chance he is defeated, survives the battle, and Asseylum does not forgive him (i.e. he is sentenced to life in prison or to be executed).

In spite of all the death flags in this episode, I honestly doubt that any of the Earth protagonists die next episode. Of all of them, I think Marito has the least chance of surviving, but even he I'd put above 50% chance or surviving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalGoddess View Post
I thought it had a point--to show just how much of a fantasy on Slaine's part this relationship really was.
Asseylum never once referred to him as anything more than a person who told her interesting stories. The friendship, the loyalty, the emotions--that was all Slaine's.
It was obvious back when Lemrina asked her whether she cared for Slaine and Asseylum was all like, wut? Slaine who?
I strongly disagree with this. Asseylum's pleas to Slaine in this episode was very emotional, and sounded like a cry of desperation to a dear old friend. I doubt that would be the case if Slaine wasn't a very important person to her.

The point of Eddelrittuo's big scene is to add some humanity and nuance to Slaine during his darkest hours.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:14   Link #155
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
He isn't spouting supremacist and hateful ideology
Slaine just recently called Earthlings 'trash'.

Quote:
Hell the guy didn't even start the current war. The entire conflict is a continuation of one started when the royals used war as a way to divert the martians' attention away from their shitty situation, as per Saazbaum's words in S1.
No, this current conflict was started by Saazbaum's false flag operation.

Slaine is hardly innocent since he conspired with Saazbaum to steal Asseylum's identity to continue the war for his own benefit while he uses Asseylum (again!) as a convenient justification.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:20   Link #156
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Where were you when the series ended at season 1? Inaho got bashed from left to right by Slaine's fans. Their reason for the bashing? Inaho was bland and doing heroic things. So, why you didn't stop Slaine's fans at that time?

Either way, Slaine got hated because he did evil things. You sounded like we were simply accusing him, which it is not true.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:24   Link #157
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalGoddess View Post
I think we are being played with. If the princess didn't hold some feelings for Slaine, she wouldn't have screamed his name over and over when waking up. Yet if she did hold some feelings for Slaine, she would have wanted to save him or persuade him instead of dismissing him. It is done on purpose to fire up the shippers.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:26   Link #158
fbi888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

50% chance Slaine dies at Inaho's hands next episode. 40% chance he is defeated, stays alive, and is basically forgiven by Asseylum (i.e. he's not sentenced to life in prison or execution). 10% chance he is defeated, survives the battle, and Asseylum does not forgive him (i.e. he is sentenced to life in prison or to be executed).

there's also a 50% chance both Asseylum and Lemrina die to end Alnoah power.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:28   Link #159
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I believe the "trash" part was a bad translation if I recall correctly.

I am really surprised people are focusing this "love triangle". The way I see it there is no romantic feeling between the three characters. Just forced belief by shippers, nothing more nothing less.

On to the actual episode, cause you know I don't want to talk about the same thing over and over.

Despite the problem this show have, I thought lot of the scenes were well done. Asseylum pleading to Slaine to stop and glimpse of Slaine's remorse, realizing the screwed situation he is in but at this point there is no turning back. And maid's comment on Slaine. It still shows his more humane or lighter side, either one can work.

Out of all the characters I think Yuki and Inaho has the best relationship. When they are together, there is genuine sibling love between them. And Inaho, despite his dull and robotic character, his interaction with his friends are quite nice. Really, I do like seeing his human side more and the writers have made him a much better character this season.

Overall, aright episode, not much happening, the action was average but few good touching scenes.
Old 2015-03-21, 23:31   Link #160
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Asseylum pleading to Slaine to stop and glimpse of Slaine's remorse, realizing the screwed situation he is in but at this point there is no turning back.
But there is. They could have worked together to change the plans and come up with some sort of explanation. But that would have required cooperation from both sides. Not just Slaine giving up, calling for a ceasefire and then allowing himself to be imprisoned by Asseylum. Not just Asseylum demanding he bows to her again.
And I don't believe Asseylum is ready for that. She is pretty... unbending. Which is fitting for a future ruler, I guess. It was obvious from the moment with the gun, it's her way or no way.
Closed Thread