Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 20:54   Link #1
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
My MP3 player brok'd

So I got this for free:

(the blurry iPod Shuffle clone, not the anime girl in Sexy White Ranger cosplay in the back)

I want to try it out, but I'm having some trouble and I have no idea who built the damn thing. There is no branding whatsoever on the device itself, and the packaging amounts to some white cardboard with "MP3 MULTIMEDIA PLAYER" printed on it as a logo. When I plug in the USB cable, the little charger light comes on but my computer (Windows 7 64-bit btw) doesn't detect it as a thing I can put other things on. It already has a generic 1gb microSD card installed, so it's not some kind of storage problem.

Update: I tried it on my Windows 8 laptop and it's giving me the same problem. It's not even showing up in Windows as an Unknown Device. It just doesn't show up, period. I also tried it on my PS3 and 360 just to see what would happen and they didn't pick anything up. xbox don't recognize.

Uh... help?
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:27   Link #2
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's probably just totally terrible. I'd suggest throwing it in the garbage (where it belongs) and buying a Sansa Clip Zip.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:30   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Congratulations. You got a fine piece of electronics from China. With it, you can use it as a paper weight for a single sheet of paper, or...or...um...congratulations, you have a fine paper weight from China.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:31   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, the sansa product line is pretty nice (works decently and you don't feel bad when you step on it because it didn't cost much).

Sounds like you basically have a small practice target for shooting. The only thing I can suggest is that if you can find a small hole along one edge, stick a paperclip in it and see if that resets the firmware (not the audio jack, it'll look like those small holes in computer CD players that let you push out the tray with a paperclip).
Old 2013-07-02, 16:04   Link #5
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Well it turns out my Not iPod Shuffle thing works fine if I use a separate SD reader to put things directly on the microSD card.

So now I'll just leave you with this.

Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote