AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 16:34   Link #801
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Another possibility.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2012-01-30, 17:09   Link #802
Ray
Garnet

Spoiler for Episode 4:

I want to know moar! :<

Last edited by Ray; 2012-01-30 at 19:52.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 17:30   Link #803
Dop
Mmmm....

Loved the Omen reference. A while since I've seen the movies, but I recall one character gets decapitated by a sheet of glass that falls off a van. That's why Kouichi thought of what the nurse had said about there being nobody called Damien in town, while he was standing by the van with the big sheet of plate glass on it.

This episode's horrible death did put the lie to the 'end credit' theory, unless of course the 'end credit' theory only applies to class members. I guess we'll know more when the next class member buys it.

I wonder if the reason they don't just bulldoze the school or at the very least not have a class 3 is because that would cause the curse to spread to all the townsfolk?

Is the woman in the doll gallery really an automata, or is her eyesight just so bad she can vaguely recognise the school uniform but not a face....!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 17:48   Link #804
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Getting freak out by what will happen in episode 3, I decided to just jump to that scene.... well, it's not horrible as it seems (good) at least they know "children's" watching this... too bad she had a short exposure..."she's so damn cute!!!

...The umbrella thing is too impossible to occur in real life... just judging from the point of execution (normally when you slip, you land on your butt and hitting it a couple times going down...similar in cartoons...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 17:59   Link #805
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Ep. 4 thoughts:

Spoiler for Doll shop:

Spoiler for Wait, we're actually being given information???:

Spoiler for Mei:

Spoiler for Faulty countermeasures:

Spoiler for Reiko:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:04   Link #806
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler for Reiko:
In addition, I find her really, really hot....
Old 2012-01-30, 18:07   Link #807
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Find it funny that they now blame Kouchi for breaking some kind of rule and make him an outcast for the recent death. It not even his fault for breaking some rule that he was never told about. So in fact its the class's fault if anything for not letting him know what he can and can't do. Keeping him in the dark even longer is just stupid. So if a curse has started telling him is not going to make it worse.

So the curse attacks not just students but family members and that's why Yukari's mom also died. That may be the reason why Mizuno died as well since she has a brother in class 3. I think the reason why both Yukari and Mizuno died was because Kouchi spoke Mei's full name to both of them. I think she got it right by saying he likes Mei. Glad he confronted that guy who promised him some information about the situation. Since Akazawa is in control of countermeasures, i think she dropped the ball.

So Kouchi's aunt is also acting a bit strange now. Interesting that she was also in class 3. I think the lady that Kouchi saw go up the stairs before he entered the shop might be the one who makes the dolls. Interesting that the store clerk didn't remember Kouchi and used the same greeting. I think maybe she says there are no other customers because she doesn't consider Mei a customer. Mei might actually live there since she always pops out when looking at her doll.
Old 2012-01-30, 18:34   Link #808
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Loved the Omen reference. A while since I've seen the movies, but I recall one character gets decapitated by a sheet of glass that falls off a van. That's why Kouichi thought of what the nurse had said about there being nobody called Damien in town, while he was standing by the van with the big sheet of plate glass on it.
Oh, so that's what all that was about. It totally went over my head. I'm glad he managed to save his classmate from that particularly bloody fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
In addition, I find her really, really hot....
Oh, hell yes. For that reason alone I hope she survives. I think she was hiding something in this episode. Like numerous people have said, something felt really off about her behavior, and I don't think it was just because of her headaches.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-01-30 at 19:41.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:44   Link #809
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Spoiler for Reiko:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Oh, so that's what all that was about.
Yeah, Damien the Antichrist was born on 6 June -- 6/6, sorta like the Tanabata of Evil -- which is why the nurse made a comment about his appointment's date.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:45   Link #810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

First rule of fight club, you do not talk about fight club.

Probably the same thing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

I wonder if the reason they don't just bulldoze the school or at the very least not have a class 3 is because that would cause the curse to spread to all the townsfolk?
From what we can tell from this episode, this curse doesn't happen very often at all, it's almost like a folktale during the time this story starts, plus it doesn't seem like everybody believes in it save for the students directly involve.

You can't bulldoze a school on a ghost story, not in a small town like this.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 19:20   Link #811
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You can't bulldoze a school on a ghost story, not in a small town like this.
Spoiler for Probable Ending:

And another... did anyone notice in Ep 1 at the elevated, there is no "4th floor"
Old 2012-01-30, 19:32   Link #812
sa547
*Author

Again, there is no 4th floor -- in Japan it's associated with bad luck and death, just like the absence of a 13th floor.

----------------
Watched this episode, and afterwards cursing silently. Whoever here correctly predicted the third death should get a bagful of chocolate chip cookies.

Fear in this town has gone completely viral, and as the body count rises, it becomes more infectious by the passing day. The myth is beginning to take shape, getting bigger.

Our boy, well, almost everyone seem to be keeping a total conspiracy, keeping truth away from him, a coverup of what really happened combined with a collective sense of trauma. The more he tries to know, the more the fear is exacerbated until the myth becomes all too real.

Should the novel be licensed to be read in English, I'll be buying a copy. Excellent piece of work this show is. 5/5.

Can't wait to see more.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:04   Link #813
Arya

Intriguing episode once again. I liked how in the first part people were asking the same questions we did here
But the Op is really out of place, I was dipping into the creepy atmosphere from the very beginning and then that music ... meh.

Spoiler for ep. 4:

Need to go to sleep.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:07   Link #814
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

WAIIIIIII?!?!!? i was just thinking to myself the whole ep,
Spoiler:

pacing of the story is slow, but i guess it makes the wait more tense...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:12   Link #815
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay, I think I have enough information to form my own theories:

1) The reason why people even bother sending their children to that school:

Well that one's easy, once the kids are in the designated class, there's nothing anyone can do about it anymore. Taking them out probably wouldn't make a difference. There might also be something about the conditions of the curse itself that would make it a -seriously bad idea- to take the kids out of the class.

2) The question of Misaki Mei's "existence" or not:

Might have something to do with, again, the conditions of the curse. It might be that each year has "a designated Misaki". In an effort to make some kind of malicious entity disappear, or at least keep it at bay, an entity "willed" into existence by a refusal to accept the original Misaki's death, the "designated Misaki" must be "willed" out of existence by refusing to accept her existence.

3) Why Sakakibara isn't being told anything about this:

Again, most likely has something to do with the nature of the curse. Probably straight-out telling Sakakibara how it works proably breaks about a dozen rules that will most likely make things worse. The hot countermeasures girl is probably trying to figure out how on earth she is going to break the news to a transfer student without inevitably making things worse. "Don't interact with Misaki Mei" Is a sure-fire way to make sure that Mei's existence is verified, which according to my point 2, is something you really shouldn't do.

4) Why a transfer student is put into class 3 in the first place:

The school principal is a giant nubcake. That is all.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:22   Link #816
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 4

A part of me feels like the whole class dug their own grave in the very beginning of this anime by not telling Kouichi the whole entire truth and now it seems like it's too late and people are jumping in their graves slowly.

Hmm, could the lady we see going up to the second floor of the doll shop be Mei's cousin?

Spoiler for Ooooh nurse!:
Old 2012-01-30, 20:27   Link #817
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

So the nurse is gone, poor Sakakibara missed his chance. I thought she was going to jump his bones any second.

The nurse's death was kind of silly, like the last one. An elevator falling like that from just the cables snapping...yeah, no. I guess the curse disabled all the other safety backups as well.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:28   Link #818
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The actual death itself may have been instantaneous, but that was a looooong fall. Couple that with the fact that perceived relative time slows down during such events, and.. *shudders* Definitely not a way -I- would like to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I guess the curse disabled all the other safety backups as well.
What's so odd about that? A killing curse wouldn't be very effective if it killed in a half-assed way.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:30   Link #819
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Coincidence or not, I want to point out that in the doll shop, the thing that ended his conversation with Misaki was a doll falling

Assuming it was intentional, that's one heck of a foreshadowing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 20:36   Link #820
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
4) Why a transfer student is put into class 3 in the first place:

The school principal is a giant nubcake. That is all.
And if Misaki is real then was there a conversation like this:

Teacher: Don't put the new kid in class 3,it's cursed

Principal:Yeah right,and I'm the pope

Teacher:to counter the curse we need to complety ignore a student and pretend she doesn't exist

Principal:sure go right ahead.

Tags
horror, seinen