AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 05:30   Link #641
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
. Kouichi has several cell phone conversations where it suddenly dies on him during the 3 episodes aired so far, it would be interesting to go back and see exactly when and where they died.
I think it's just the classic horror cliché.

In episode 1 his first phone conversation is with his dad and he notes how bad the signal is.

Though since this is set in 1998 and in rural japan,the village not having that good of a signal isn't that farfetched.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:46   Link #642
sa547
*Author

Okay, stitched the entire ED sequence:
Old 2012-01-26, 09:11   Link #643
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I want to like this show, but I find that I'm more frustrated than anything, and can't help but see the Idiot Ball being passed around like a puck on the power play.

Unless there's a very interesting bordering on brilliant reason they're not telling Sakakibara why they want him to stop, then the entire [living and not being ignored] cast are morons. When the only person actually giving him information is a dead girl... where do you think he's going to go when confused? At least Countermeasures-san seems like she wanted to remedy the problem (her face in episode 2 when Megane and Track Suit pulled her aside was hysterical).

Also, I don't know anyone's name save Sakakibara and Misaki, and it's clear I'm not the only one. I feel like that's a bad sign for the show.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:18   Link #644
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
simple assumption, but i'll guess the classmates die in that order...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:21   Link #645
konart

Don't kill twintails! Anyone else is fine...
Old 2012-01-26, 10:09   Link #646
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Don't kill twintails! Anyone else is fine...
"Cute twintails" will be a better phrase for that...

So lets see who dies next...Any suggestions?(Only those who did not see what that person who spoil us said can suggest.)
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 11:17   Link #647
sa547
*Author

FYI, Natsumi Takamori is Mei.

For those seeking wallies, meet the next Emily the Strange.
Old 2012-01-26, 11:55   Link #648
Arya

There's another thing I forgot to mention, when they were discussing about high schools our cool twintails said she would have gone to Tokyo and suddenly an unknown schoolmate got all angry against Kouichi. If we were in a normal romance schoolish series this wouldn't be anything worth to be mentioned, but it was strange. Why bother to show us? Simply to indirectly point out some hypothetical Akazawa/Kouichi implications, or better, some Akazawa interest, because Kouichi so far is all for Mei? Or to give us a false hint of a normal time flow in contrast to the loop theory? Even if I don't go along with this theory, btw.
Anyways that scene looked out of place in its normality.

Another question is, why put Kouichi in that class if they knew of the curse and how hard things could become with an outsider snooping around. I guess there must be a specific reason.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 12:47   Link #649
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
There's another thing I forgot to mention, when they were discussing about high schools our cool twintails said she would have gone to Tokyo and suddenly an unknown schoolmate got all angry against Kouichi. If we were in a normal romance schoolish series this wouldn't be anything worth to be mentioned, but it was strange. Why bother to show us? Simply to indirectly point out some hypothetical Akazawa/Kouichi implications, or better, some Akazawa interest, because Kouichi so far is all for Mei? Or to give us a false hint of a normal time flow in contrast to the loop theory? Even if I don't go along with this theory, btw.
And how about this:

Mostly people from the capital are not very popular outside the capital. People from the capital are supposedly arrogant, unfriendly and conceited and in some countries it really seems the to be the national sport to hate people from the capital.
Now, Kouichis classmates seemed to be interested in Tokyo because they find the life style in a small rural town boring and they probably have ideas about how exciting it must be in Tokyo. That doesnt mean though, that that particular classmate shares the opinion and it is possible he likes the cute twin tail girl a lot, so the moment she said she would love to move to Tokyo, that classmate got even more pissed, because he felt that Kouichi gets attention he doesnt deserve, being a conceited tweet from Tokyo he is.

(In case you are wondering, I live in the capital and have to deal with this kind of attitude regularly. I find people, who have such provincial and intolerant views annoying, especially if they are intelligent people with high education. One would expect better from such people.... )

So my take on this particular scene is, that the angry classmate has hots for the twin tail girl and felt that Kouichi is getting too much attention. Hence the reaction.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 13:21   Link #650
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
"Cute twintails" will be a better phrase for that...

So lets see who dies next...Any suggestions?(Only those who did not see what that person who spoil us said can suggest.)
I'm operating under the assumption that it's the ED order until proven otherwise.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:49   Link #651
king12354

Not much of a plot here. Looks like it will beat around the bush some more before revealing the story.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:44   Link #652
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nonono it's too early for the hot one to die. Seriously the hot one shouldn't die yet. Make it scary lemon guy instead. Or maybe weak heart guy. Well I guess maybe super hot homeroom teacher is okay, but I'd rather not see her die yet either.

It's already too much that they took the cute one away from me this early.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:47   Link #653
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
simple assumption, but i'll guess the classmates die in that order...
seeing as how the next two characters had screen time, I think its safe to say that's the order.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:57   Link #654
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wouldn't it be lame to spoil the death order like that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:26   Link #655
warita
Dai-Youkai

If they really are gonna die in that order, I will be seriously pissed. An anime that builds on suspense without suspense? Great!! They better change the order.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:26   Link #656
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I doubt the ED is the death order because it would become too obvious by the second or third death and spoil any kind of suspense over who will die. Besides, the kid with the heart condition doesn't seem to be in the ending, and if you looked up death flag in the dictionary that guy's picture would be right next to the definition. I think there is going to be a lot of misdirection in this series (one reason why I suspect Mei is not a ghost), so I don't think the ED indicates any kind of death order. Although if this series really does rely on misdirection, maybe heart problem kid will survive.

One thing I am wondering about: "Misaki" (the one that died in 1972) is said to have showed up in the graduation photo. The photo has been shown a couple of times, but which one is supposed to be Misaki? Mei in episode 3 said she was deathly pale (hard to distinguish that in a black and white photo), smiling, and off to the side.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 18:32   Link #657
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
And how about this:

Mostly people from the capital are not very popular outside the capital. People from the capital are supposedly arrogant, unfriendly and conceited and in some countries it really seems the to be the national sport to hate people from the capital.
Now, Kouichis classmates seemed to be interested in Tokyo because they find the life style in a small rural town boring and they probably have ideas about how exciting it must be in Tokyo. That doesnt mean though, that that particular classmate shares the opinion and it is possible he likes the cute twin tail girl a lot, so the moment she said she would love to move to Tokyo, that classmate got even more pissed, because he felt that Kouichi gets attention he doesnt deserve, being a conceited tweet from Tokyo he is.

(In case you are wondering, I live in the capital and have to deal with this kind of attitude regularly. I find people, who have such provincial and intolerant views annoying, especially if they are intelligent people with high education. One would expect better from such people.... )

So my take on this particular scene is, that the angry classmate has hots for the twin tail girl and felt that Kouichi is getting too much attention. Hence the reaction.
I was wondering for any implication more than why that guy pissed off.
Anyways, for the off topic, I transferred from the capital to the countryside when I was a kid and in my case I experienced the opposite, who had high education wasn't bothered, but the "countrymen" were willing to bully me for that reason. Kid's skirmish, nothing serious. Probably different countries different behaviors.

Talking about the death list, I'm sticking at my idea that people Kouichi interact** more with are those who will die first. So until now next seems to be the megane boy and jersey boy follows closely behind. The first is sure, just to mislead us. I give the Jersey boy 50/50 odds to miss his turn.

If I'm half right twin tails Akazawa is safe for now. (but I guess she wolud even if I were copletely wrong).

** Kouichi interactions stand for talking about Mei, death girls or everything is related to the curse

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-01-26, 18:42   Link #658
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
One thing I am wondering about: "Misaki" (the one that died in 1972) is said to have showed up in the graduation photo. The photo has been shown a couple of times, but which one is supposed to be Misaki? Mei in episode 3 said she was deathly pale (hard to distinguish that in a black and white photo), smiling, and off to the side.
I checked those pictures too and, I'm guessing, probably they cut her out, since they had to use that picture to the school yearbook, so having a ghost in a publication would have been .. weird? But even if that was a private copy, would you keep your class picture with a death smirking girl in it?

Old 2012-01-26, 19:07   Link #659
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I checked those pictures too and, I'm guessing, probably they cut her out, since they had to use that picture to the school yearbook, so having a ghost in a publication would have been .. weird? But even if that was a private copy, would you keep your class picture with a death smirking girl in it?
Or only members of class 3 can see her in the picture?

Or if the anime is really trolling and while some of the story is grounded in reality part of it is made up.
Old 2012-01-26, 19:32   Link #660
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I hope they'll be creative about it.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen