AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 02:55   Link #121
Fronzel
Schmuck

It made plenty of sense! You're right! The anime ends things more concisly.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 07:45   Link #122
Scorpion

Send a message via ICQ to Scorpion Send a message via MSN to Scorpion
The ending was really good i can't argue that,i just wanna see a good match now and then since he had a lot of go players too play against..i wouldn't even mind seeing him lose as long as he could play some of those that he wanted too play
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 10:29   Link #123
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I tought it's a good place to stop when Sai left.

But I just get the urge sometimes to see a rematch between Hikaru and Touya Sensei or Kuwabara Sensei.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 14:04   Link #124
slapstick

well okay, maybe

the real reason she dropped it is that fans got pissy that there weren't more hot chicks in the show, and Hikaru and Akari weren't hooking up. (Nothing like a lill fun on top the go board to destress oneself).
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 14:07   Link #125
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick
the real reason she dropped it is that fans got pissy that there weren't more hot chicks in the show, and Hikaru and Akari weren't hooking up. (Nothing like a lill fun on top the go board to destress oneself).
aaaa, go away, stay away from the Go board. :P
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 07:55   Link #126
Scorpion

Send a message via ICQ to Scorpion Send a message via MSN to Scorpion
yeah it's kinda annoying that he didn't even try kissing her or something,she is kinda hot
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 09:10   Link #127
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
yeah it's kinda annoying that he didn't even try kissing her or something,she is kinda hot
Really disgusting yaoi references aside (you know what i mean Hikaru, Akira, yaoi...), Hikaru probably doesn't even realize that Akari exists. In his current world, there is Go and then there is everything else.

Also, Akari has been his friend since forever so its not out of the realm of possibility that 16 year old Hikaru doesn't really think of her as anything but that "annoying kid next door"

Having said that, I sure would have liked something to have been said about Hikaru and Akari's relationship...
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 17:34   Link #128
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
Really disgusting yaoi references aside (you know what i mean Hikaru, Akira, yaoi...), Hikaru probably doesn't even realize that Akari exists. In his current world, there is Go and then there is everything else.

Also, Akari has been his friend since forever so its not out of the realm of possibility that 16 year old Hikaru doesn't really think of her as anything but that "annoying kid next door"

Having said that, I sure would have liked something to have been said about Hikaru and Akari's relationship...
Well for Hikaru/Akari there's always doujinshi for that! (evil grin)

Kidding aside, in shounen anime there is less focus on these kind of stuff. But I recall there were a few episodes/chapters actually developing their relationship right? I think those were enough to 'imply' that they would either remain good friends, or become lovers in the future.

But then again Hikaru's future is Go...
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 19:10   Link #129
donna8157

There was definitely not much focus on Hikaru and Akari's relationship. I didn't mind it that much because for most of the show, Hikaru was still a young boy. And towards the end, there was some more mention of Hikaru and Akari developing a more succinct relationship. As for Hikaru and Akira, I see them as just being good friends and rivals, but I can definitely see how there could be something between them. Lol. But I don't think that would happen, and plus Hikaru said that he would teach Akari more about Go so maybe during that time their relationship will take a turn towards being more romantic.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 00:45   Link #130
Karala

I think Hikaru no Go had a good ending, like others said, there wasn't much more to get into after that... sure some people want to see the hand of God mastered and such but I don't really see that happening judging by a few conversations near the end of the series implying that it will take thousands (or more) years to accomplish.

Something I wouldn't mind though would be an ova focusing on their future (maybe another 5-10 years after the series ended) and possibly seeing Hikaru beat Akira at a game along with how relationships have developed between characters. Though that's just me - I always want to know who ends up with who when they are older and what they are doing when they are grow up :P It's the ultimate closure, and I've hardly even seen something like it done for a series...
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 20:50   Link #131
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
umm... I tried using Search for this, but it came up with nothing and since this is the most recent thread about Hikaru No Go, I'll post my question here.

I would like to ask what Chapter does the Manga end on?

**I know i'm in the wrong category, sry...**
Old 2004-05-08, 20:55   Link #132
jpwong

Unless I've missed stuff, it ends on Chapter 189
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 20:59   Link #133
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
:O! Thanks a lot!!
Old 2004-05-09, 04:37   Link #134
Ishida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karala
I think Hikaru no Go had a good ending, like others said, there wasn't much more to get into after that... sure some people want to see the hand of God mastered and such but I don't really see that happening judging by a few conversations near the end of the series implying that it will take thousands (or more) years to accomplish.

Something I wouldn't mind though would be an ova focusing on their future (maybe another 5-10 years after the series ended) and possibly seeing Hikaru beat Akira at a game along with how relationships have developed between characters. Though that's just me - I always want to know who ends up with who when they are older and what they are doing when they are grow up :P It's the ultimate closure, and I've hardly even seen something like it done for a series...
I would also like some closure to this series. I mean, in the end nobody has acheived the Hand of God, Hikaru hasn't really been acknowledged by the public, and Hikaru is still chasing after Akira.

As for a series that shows what happens to everyone when they've grown up, I think that the second series of Digimon is pretty much the only series that I've seen do that.
Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 05:16   Link #135
lordlucless

I think there is closure to the series (prior to the last New Year Special, at least). I think part of the reason people don't like it, is that they don't understand what the central point of the show is. It's called Hikaru's Go - and that's what it's about. It's about Hikaru growing into his go. That's the revelation that Sai had when he disappeared - Hikaru wasn't put there for Sai to use, Sai was put there for Hikaru to learn from. And it's when Hikaru learns to play on his own, not to always rely on Sai, that the series finished. Sai's fulfilled his destiny, and Hikaru has started his own.
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 05:54   Link #136
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishida
I would also like some closure to this series. I mean, in the end nobody has acheived the Hand of God, Hikaru hasn't really been acknowledged by the public, and Hikaru is still chasing after Akira.
Let's be realistic, if anyone was to achieve the hand of god during the course of the show it would really diminish the greatness of it. Sai himself realises that the hand of god won't even be achieved by Hikaru, it's just a goal that unites all great go players.

And Hikaru has been acknowledged by the staff at Weekly Go, as well as by all the pros that have come his way, he just haven't had the time to actually get the results that Akira has.

And also I don't really think Hikaru is chasing after Akira anymore, the last couple of episodes clearly show them being on the same level.

It's perfectly understandable to want more though, it's a really great anime, I just think it's an ok place to end it. (Before the special.)
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 07:17   Link #137
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I think that if they had ended both the manga and the anime at episode 75 that would have been fine, but now they at least have to finish the north star cup.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 07:50   Link #138
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I'm pretty sure the Hand of God is mythical. No one will ever achieve it.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 08:41   Link #139
Sylvanthious

I think the series ended really well. In my opinion it was resolved. I'd like to see a special maybe once a year just showing Hikaru's progress. I really view this as a coming of age story, and what needed to be said was said, quite beautifully too, I might add. I don't think any anime I've seen has meant as much to me as this series did, it was wonderful from beginning to end.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 03:23   Link #140
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Call me crazy but I've actually gone and taken up this game seriously after watching the show. After playing for 7 days (am working, so I only manage to put in 1 hour a day) I have bought two books in go... read 1 and a half... and I have been practicing game after game after game to realise that the only people i can beat at the moment are those who are total beginners like me before watching the show....

my conclusion... I can see why the mangaka had no more to write and that the anime is finished... whilst playing i have experienced that there is NO END to the game... it goes on and on and on and you can play it till you're 70 or 80... Heck on one of the go sites I visited, it said that a professional just turned 80 years old!!!!!!

And no, they cannot make an anime with these people playing games till when their THAT old because frankly speaking... I think if people don't delve into the game, they wouldn't know what the excitement was in playing the game or watching the game matches... and it would be for them a BORING anime... no matter how well this anime (and it has done a good job at it) has managed to capture the emotions of the players, people will get used to the emotional play after a while and won't dig into it anymore... that's when it will lose its touch... and then HnG will no longer be the touching memorable anime that it is now...... and that will totally spoil it... my advice to all you HnG fans.... you want more HnG action? Play the game... here's a good site to visit.... www.gobase.org

and if you're young out there? go master it, I wish I knew this game when I was younger... now i'm 23 and am really battling the fact that I can't be as great as those who started younger but... i suppose... i can't reverse the clock now can i... so START NOW!!!!!!!
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote