AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 01:34   Link #281
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Soooo I guess this will be a thing for FE from here on out? Shoehorning time-travel just to give an excuse to explain the cast's kids exist in the same period as their younger parents? I feel like I might even be able to predict the major twist of the plot just from that.

...And does it also mean that incest between the MC um his family is possible?
To be fair, there really is no better way to do it. If it was a traditional story, then like FE4 you would have the majority of the first cast either dead or retired after a time skip to make room for the children.

And if you didn't have the children's parents married properly for inheritances, the child would be too weak to keep up.

There would also be the problem of fans getting too attached to the first generation, only to find out that the majority of them die off or are nowhere to be found after the timeskip. It's also not fair to first time players who aren't aware of the time skip since they haven't made the proper preparations.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 11:32   Link #282
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
^maybe only on the nohr side since they are not blood related
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Children might not even be a thing on the Nohr side. We've only seen it on the Hoshido side, and the way they seem to be implemented wouldn't work on the "traditional FE gameplay" of Nohr.
The trailer makes sound like a universal system however since it's tied to the My Room feature which both sides have access to. Plus it's weird to only give you the option of marring you you blood family, but not your foster ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To be fair, there really is no better way to do it. If it was a traditional story, then like FE4 you would have the majority of the first cast either dead or retired after a time skip to make room for the children.

And if you didn't have the children's parents married properly for inheritances, the child would be too weak to keep up.

There would also be the problem of fans getting too attached to the first generation, only to find out that the majority of them die off or are nowhere to be found after the timeskip. It's also not fair to first time players who aren't aware of the time skip since they haven't made the proper preparations.
IS could choose not the have children system at all and have something else in it's place for S rank supports. Part of the fun and novelty of having kids in FE4 and FEA wasn't just their impact on gameplay, but how differently they came into being and were handled plotwise. FE4's storyline spanned a generation so it made sense, the fate of the future was core to Awakening plot so it made sense there too. IS cleverly included this feature in past without it feeling like a retread, but Fates sounds like just aping it because it was popular in FEA regardless if makes sense or it's effect on the plot. Basically it's become purely a generic game mechanic now instead of special defining trait supports the game's theme as it did in FE4 and FEA. Worse yet aside from it's copy&paste nature, it's probably going to unbalanced the game as it did in Awakening, by making pretty much most the kids better than their parents again. :/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 16:08   Link #283
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The trailer makes sound like a universal system however since it's tied to the My Room feature which both sides have access to. Plus it's weird to only give you the option of marring you you blood family, but not your foster ones.

IS could choose not the have children system at all and have something else in it's place for S rank supports. Part of the fun and novelty of having kids in FE4 and FEA wasn't just their impact on gameplay, but how differently they came into being and were handled plotwise. FE4's storyline spanned a generation so it made sense, the fate of the future was core to Awakening plot so it made sense there too. IS cleverly included this feature in past without it feeling like a retread, but Fates sounds like just aping it because it was popular in FEA regardless if makes sense or it's effect on the plot. Basically it's become purely a generic game mechanic now instead of special defining trait supports the game's theme as it did in FE4 and FEA. Worse yet aside from it's copy&paste nature, it's probably going to unbalanced the game as it did in Awakening, by making pretty much most the kids better than their parents again. :/
Let's not be hasty in coming to negative conclusions. We have to see the game first before deciding that it doesn't fit. Also, since this game is a spiritual successor to FEA this seems a lot more plausible than just putting it in some other unrelated FE game. So I WILL give them that.

Let's not judge things until we actually learn more about it and have people actually play the games.

Either way, these games look awesome with all the new features and the return of my favorite feature from the last game. Though... there'll be no Lucina.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 16:38   Link #284
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I personally think the best reward for S-ranks would be CGs. There is no need to add in a whole child system (which would be kind to the programmers/script writers), and I honestly would enjoy seeing CGs of the couples more than character models with various possible hair colors.

Come to think of it, Awakening gave up CGs for movies...? If I recall correctly. But FE7 had different CGs for at least Hector (based of my memory) depending on his S-rank wife.
Yeah, there is still a week or two. Surely IS can switch these kids for CGs... or not, I guess...

Oh, and if I recall correctly. one of the Summon Knight? games I played had CGs where two characters stood beside each other and were switched out depending on the coupling. None of that, original CGs for each coupling, please.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 16:41   Link #285
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I personally think the best reward for S-ranks would be CGs. There is no need to add in a whole child system (which would be kind to the programmers/script writers), and I honestly would enjoy seeing CGs of the couples more than character models with various possible hair colors.

Come to think of it, Awakening gave up CGs for movies...? If I recall correctly. But FE7 had different CGs for at least Hector (based of my memory) depending on his S-rank wife.
Yeah, there is still a week or two. Surely IS can switch these kids for CGs... or not, I guess...
You mean in terms of the confession scenes?
Old 2015-06-19, 18:05   Link #286
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You mean in terms of the confession scenes?
I think he means the ending?

But yeah, FE7 did have different ending cg depending on main lord's S ranked pair.
Old 2015-06-19, 21:59   Link #287
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, ending, afterstory, such. While to my memory, each confession scene in Awakening did have a different artwork of sorts, the situation itself was the same for each one. Which is still fine and all, but like Florina was being carried by Hector or the middle sister (Fiora? or was that the oldest?) dragging Hector somewhere, stuff like that. Sure, confession + ending for 2 CGs for each character.
Motivates me more than getting an extra usable character. And I'm not usually emotionally invested in children my character makes in games, really. Rune Factory's kids all stay in the house the entire time doing nothing, doesn't bother me.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 07:43   Link #288
GDB

Lucina's was different. She had flowers!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:34   Link #289
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Lucina's was different. She had flowers!
I did always wonder about that.

Her scene was the only "special" one out of all of them, with 3D modelling and all. As if they wanted to do an animated confession scene at first but realized it would be too much work.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:52   Link #290
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I did always wonder about that.

Her scene was the only "special" one out of all of them, with 3D modelling and all. As if they wanted to do an animated confession scene at first but realized it would be too much work.
or could have been their little hint that that was a canon pairing, but lets not get into to that because that could cause a whole mess of trouble.
Old 2015-06-20, 12:56   Link #291
com_gwp

Quote:
or could have been their little hint that that was a canon pairing, but lets not get into to that because that could cause a whole mess of trouble.
Not so much trouble in my headcanon anyway.
Old 2015-06-20, 17:35   Link #292
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Yeah, ending, afterstory, such. While to my memory, each confession scene in Awakening did have a different artwork of sorts, the situation itself was the same for each one. Which is still fine and all, but like Florina was being carried by Hector or the middle sister (Fiora? or was that the oldest?) dragging Hector somewhere, stuff like that. Sure, confession + ending for 2 CGs for each character.
Motivates me more than getting an extra usable character. And I'm not usually emotionally invested in children my character makes in games, really. Rune Factory's kids all stay in the house the entire time doing nothing, doesn't bother me.
Lol, instead of ending afterstory, I'd like changes in the main plot depending on what happens with the character pairings. I know it's far too much work to put in, but the children do sort of feel sometimes like a cheap substitute for having your pairing decisions actually affect the story. But like I said, I know that THAT is WAY too much to ask for. (I want both children and plot lol. )

And what I want aren't minor story changes, like what happens if you pair with Lucina early enough. But of course, in that case, FE fates would have to take up so much data it would be ridiculous. Though... to be fair... from the rumors, the new games do appear to take up quite a bit more data than Awakening did... right?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 17:51   Link #293
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
YES , the return of EUGENICS

get your spreadsheets ready, everyone!
Laughed at this way more than I should.

We're terrible people.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:16   Link #294
Iron Maw
Banned

More demos:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Let's not be hasty in coming to negative conclusions. We have to see the game first before deciding that it doesn't fit. Also, since this game is a spiritual successor to FEA this seems a lot more plausible than just putting it in some other unrelated FE game. So I WILL give them that.

Let's not judge things until we actually learn more about it and have people actually play the games.

Either way, these games look awesome with all the new features and the return of my favorite feature from the last game. Though... there'll be no Lucina.
Yeah, I'm trying to retain some sense optimism around this, but as Shadow 5YA said: there are few ways this can be cleverly justified. If there is a timeskip like in FE4 it won't be as bad (or maybe they're just a post game bonus or something), but the translated scans are implying otherwise.

Anyway, I'm probably just going to ignore feature and/or have the kids mind the shops in anycase.

Quote:

Oh, and if I recall correctly. one of the Summon Knight? games I played had CGs where two characters stood beside each other and were switched out depending on the coupling. None of that, original CGs for each coupling, please.
I also think that a paired couple/partner could get something like a special combo skill for reaching S rank. It go well with the Dual Strike/Guard system and provide a slightly more tangible reward mechanically.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 21:25   Link #295
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Not Fates news, but Sacred Stones is on the Wii U Virtual Console now.

As it's my first ever FE game, I frickin looooooved it. It's easily one of the best handheld games I've ever played. Any my GBA copy is no longer worth millions. ;_;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 10:50   Link #296
com_gwp

I am so fucking jealous right now.

Spoiler for this is fact:

Old 2015-06-22, 12:14   Link #297
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Spoiler for size:
all i see right now is a confirmation that the reason there are two versions of the game is only for nintendo to make more money from us by selling us the game twice
Old 2015-06-22, 12:21   Link #298
Akashin

Quote:
all i see right now is a confirmation that the reason there are two versions of the game is only for nintendo to make more money from us buy selling us the game twice
I don't understand. What do those pictures show us that we didn't already know about this?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 12:24   Link #299
com_gwp

Quote:
all i see right now is a confirmation that the reason there are two versions of the game is only for nintendo to make more money from us by selling us the game twice
What Akashin already said, plus they can take my money so long as they bring the special edition over.
Old 2015-06-22, 12:27   Link #300
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I don't understand. What do those pictures show us that we didn't already know about this?
the single cartridge that just says fire emblem if, pretty much confirming that both versions can be put on one cartridge and sold as a single game nintendo is just not going to

Tags
3ds, fire emblem